PDA

View Full Version : Sound System

edwin
03/05/2004, 08:19 AM
Zup folks - !
I'm currently upGrading my sound system, the subs were not a problem to fit for they went into a custom subbox - I put 2 Kicker 10" SoloBaric 1200watt subs in it & in the front a pair of Kicker K60's.
My question is:
Can anyone recommend a model of speakers that I can get for the back seats - ?
I believe they're 4" - I haven't even installed the system for this is the last 2 pieces I need to get, but not sure on which set.
Can anyone receommend a pair they've already heard perform - ?
Good lookin' in advance - !
I'd hate to take the trial&error approach to this.
ed

PCMAXCHATTIN
03/05/2004, 01:02 PM
HI,

I INSTALLED THE INFINITY SET IN THE FRONT AND REAR. I BOUGHT THEM OFF OF EBAY(REAL CHEAP)..THEY SOUND GOOOOD

Dallas4u
03/05/2004, 01:10 PM
Did you get the Solobaric L5's or L7's?

The way I see it (my opinion), if you have a good set of speakers up front, and even a sub or subs in the rear for bass fill, there is no need to rear mids. You'll throw off your sound staging and it probably won't sound as good.

That being said, I know Infinity makes a 4" that will fit in the stock mounting bracket. I do NOT know how they sound as, I personally have not heard a 4" back there since I replaced them. I use to have a 6.5" and 6x9" Infinity Reference back there, and it sounded decent... but I do not have any speakers mounted in the rear mounts now.

edwin
03/09/2004, 10:43 AM
dude -
pardon the delay response, took me a while to find this - !
(my name should tell you somethin, ("noobee")
anyway - I got the 10" L7's -
in the front I put Kicker K60's (6½") -
I haven't tested it, but I think the subs will drown those poor
K60's, though they can pump 130watts each (80watts RMS).
What model do you have in yours - ?
Can I just put 6x9's in there or I'll need cut the panel - ?
thanks -
ed

edwin
03/09/2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by PCMAXCHATTIN
HI,

I INSTALLED THE INFINITY SET IN THE FRONT AND REAR. I BOUGHT THEM OFF OF EBAY(REAL CHEAP)..THEY SOUND GOOOOD

what model/s did you get - ?

edwin
03/09/2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Did you get the Solobaric L5's or L7's?

The way I see it (my opinion), if you have a good set of speakers up front, and even a sub or subs in the rear for bass fill, there is no need to rear mids. You'll throw off your sound staging and it probably won't sound as good.

That being said, I know Infinity makes a 4" that will fit in the stock mounting bracket. I do NOT know how they sound as, I personally have not heard a 4" back there since I replaced them. I use to have a 6.5" and 6x9" Infinity Reference back there, and it sounded decent... but I do not have any speakers mounted in the rear mounts now.
Back Speakers Post# 4
dude -
thanks -
ed

edwin
03/09/2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by PCMAXCHATTIN
HI,

what model did you get - ?:confused:

Dallas4u
03/09/2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by edwin
dude -
thanks -
ed

I have some Vifa 7" woofers up front with some 1" silk dome tweeters, running off of a 4 channel MTX amp. All I have in the rear is a 10" Xtant sub bridged to a Lightning Audio 2 channel amp at 300w. I don't want/need rear speakers as the fronts are AWESOME. I just wanted some bass fill from the rear, hence the 10" Xtant.

You will either need to cut up your rear speaker mounts to mount the 6x9's in there, or remove them totally and "mount" them to the back of the rear speaker cladding.