PDA

View Full Version : What brand windshield wiper blade/insert?

grober02
03/04/2004, 05:50 AM
First time replacing wiper blade/inserts on VX. Anybody know what brand inserts work with the stock wiper blades? If not, what brand blades are the best for the VX?

Tone
03/04/2004, 07:30 AM
I've used these blades for over 5 yrs in TX and Moab heat and they are still going strong - http://www.silblade.com/

johnnyapollo
03/04/2004, 08:31 AM
3 years with my silblades and having the same effect - great upgrade. Almost bought some replacements in red just for a change.

-- Best, John

Dallas4u
03/04/2004, 09:49 AM
I woulod definitely try the SillBlades. I haven't yet, and I need to change my wipers (again).

I have talked to 3-4 people who dislike Bosch blades (always seem to wear to a point where they leave streaks in around 5-6 months or so), and I have seen this as well. Tired of buying new wipers all the time.

Randy
03/04/2004, 11:17 AM
I first switched to the silicone blades and they were alright for awhile - started jumping across my windshield too much though. Recently, I switched to Trico's new teflon blades and love them. They are available at Discount Auto. They are black with an offwhite-colored stripe down the length (I assume it is teflon).

Randy

Spike
03/04/2004, 08:40 PM
Right after I bought my VX last year.. .(wow, almost a year already!) I picked up the PIAA blades. They made it through a summer and winter and are still going strong... No skipping or chattering.

I got the carbon fiber look blade arms, but they come in standard black too.

I think the window cleaning pad they give you is something similar to Rain-X because the water beads
In fact, after almost a year, its still beading.

01VX
03/04/2004, 09:01 PM
I also went with the Piaa's, its been through 2 crappy winters and they still get it done. Plus the blades are coated with some water repellant that rubs onto the windshield, my windshield still beads the rain off without using the wipers.

VehiP&J
03/16/2004, 08:01 AM
the company I work for sells both piaa and silblades and I have to go with Piaa. I have used both don't get me wrong the silblades work great the piaa's just work better. When it is not really raining just misting the silblades tend to jump a little as the piaa's just bead the water and whipe it away. Just my .02

Bantan
03/29/2004, 08:13 AM
I've had the PIAA CF blades on for over a year and still going strong
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/225blades.jpg