PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... who wants to help put my VX back together?!

coachreed
03/03/2004, 08:59 PM
Well... here's the short story... Randy fell down stairs, Randy messed knee up, Randy is going to be out for around FOUR weeks! OK, the long story... I was carrying my sleeping child down the stairs to the truck Saturday morning... not being able to see the stairs over said sleeping child, felt for steps... missed step number one, slipped and fell down the other 8ish or so stairs... Good new... Child is AOK! Bad news you might ask... one if not TWO torn ligiments and possible cartlidge (sp?) damage, MRI tomorrow... probably reconstructive surgery to be scheduled after NEXT mondays follow up doctors appointment. I should be finding out the status on my adaptor plate tomorrow... should be here in the next week. I need to get the motor, trans and transfer case in soon if I'm gonna make it to Moab! Not sure how thats gonna happen though with my knee. Soooo... IF anyone is wanting to be a hands-on part of this swap... and wants to visit the Wonderful Land of OZ... lemme know... actually I'm in the Kansas City, Missouri area... but might as well be OZ... at least if you ask most. OK, so maybe I'm being a little optimistic that people would want to come help... but its worth the try. It would be great but I don't really expect it to happen... just felt like venting after being away from the computer since Saturday morning about 10 minutes before the accident.

Anyway, I'll TTYL! Oh, and if you wanna come help, lemme know!

Locomigo
03/03/2004, 09:33 PM
Wow,

That REALLY sucks... sorry to hear it.

What part of KC are you in? As it turns out I am in KC right now, flying home tomorrow and back Monday. Then again, I am not the best mechanic in the world, but could perhaps be aound to lend a hand.

We will see what the cards hold.

SGT.BATGUANO
03/03/2004, 10:40 PM
Randy,

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you didn't break both your necks.

I'd like to help, but I am cramped for time and may have to bolt out at any moment to see an ill relative.

Hope you're well soon.

Navigator
03/04/2004, 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident and setback, glad to hear both you and your kid survived and that you are well enough to share that ordeal with us.

BTW the best way to transport a person thru a stairway is the firemans carry. Balance them over one shoulder and secure their mass with one arm while the other is free to hold onto the stair rail. I can't be there to help you put your VX back together, but at least I can pass on people moving advice :) Besides all I'd do is drink your beer and pass tools :yes:

J La
03/04/2004, 11:17 PM
Coachreed, sorry to hear about the accident and the knee damage. Get better soon!!
But as far as needing a helper, I would gladly contribute my services. Note though that I am not a skilled mechanic in anyway. But I am dying to learn and found out what makes these badboys tick. I just got my VX a few weeks ago. So let me know, I am in Topeka, KS. So real close by and love to come your way over a weekend or two. Let me know. Thanks!

coachreed
03/05/2004, 09:41 AM
Keith-
I'm on the east end of Kansas City, MO... Lee's Summit to be exact. Unfortunately, my plea for help is a little premature since I still have to go under the knife... :( If you in town though and wanna meet for lunch... I can alway sit for lunch! :)

SGT.BATGUANO-
That quite ok... I hope your ill family member gets better... I can't say that my condition will keep me down forever... so... thanks anyway though.

Navigator-
Thanks for the advice... next time I carry my son down the stairs while he is sleeping... its the fireman's carry for him! lol I don't think I'm EVER going to carry ANYBODY down the stairs again... short of an infant... aint gonna happen again!

J La-
Once I get back on my feet, I'll let you know. If you want to come help out, I'm gonna be up for any I can get. Hopefully it won't be long, but I have been told already by the doctor to expect a four week down time. :(

Thanks for the replies guys... I only kid about the help, but if you just REALLY insist on helping... its all ok. I'll keep y'all up on whats going on. I talked to Novak Conversion yesterday... he will finish today with the adaptor... and ship it with transmount and 4x4 output shaft once I pay the balance

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!