PDA

View Full Version : TOD Sensor malfunction

skullcap
03/03/2004, 07:51 PM
Last Thusday I drove 5-hours to the North Carolina Mountains in about 60 miles of ice and snow, it should ordinarily have been a 3 hour trip. My little beast was the only thing on the road besides sand ans salt trucks, and a few intrepid little Subies.

After coming out of the slush, my TOD indicator was all lit-up and remained lit-up until I stopped after another 20 miles.

The following day, I ran her through a brushless, waxless auto-wash with a nice high-pressure undercarriage rinse. Minutes later, after driving down the highway, I notice the TOD indicatror lit-up, the steering tightening-up and, finally, the red "CHECK" LED illuminating.

I pulled-over, turned off the ignition, restarted, but still the same happened after driving forward. I stopped again, shidted to neutral, took the 4WD to nuetral and it reset. However, this occurred severalmore times over the next 24 hours.

Sunday came and it quit acting up, altogether.

I assume a sensor must have gotten salt-contamination, wet, or both.

Any thoughts?

:confused:

SGT.BATGUANO
03/03/2004, 11:08 PM
The check engine and steering may have been caused by a wet belt.

As for the TOD, you may want to check any plug in connectors at the trans for full insertion.

Also check the wiring harness for abraision where it goes down at the front of the dr. side inner fender.

MrCrowley
03/04/2004, 09:47 AM
Youll be hard pressed to determine if it was an anomaly or a problem. could have been sand, salt, snow etc. but if its fine now, It may be ok. Under warranty? have it looked at. or at least maybe they could pull the codes and see what the computer thought the problem was. No warranty. maybe do some light 4 wheeling somewhere and see if it does it again.Cross your fingers and Good luck:confused: