PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking V-Cross in Central Georgia

DuggerVX
12/21/2002, 11:44 PM
Hey there guys and girls! This is my first post (I kind of had to fib on my model # and all that, seeing as how I don't have a VX yet).

Anyway, down to business! I have been seeing the VX around Georgia for a few months now (one in Savannah, one in Macon, and one in Warner Robins), and after FINALLY figuring out what they were (I figured it was some ultra rare import that wld cost close to six figures), I just HAVE to find one! I have scoured the net and can't really find one near me. Does ANYONE know of any dealers or people that still sell new or near new VX's in Central Georgia (or I guess the whole Southeast region)? I am dying to get a 2000 or 2001 Proton model. Any news or help is MUCH appreciated! I can't wait to graduate up from my horrible 1992 Volkswagen Passat.. ;po;

I'll be seeing you around! Great forum BTW

Douglas Dassel
Warner Robins, GA

Moncha
12/22/2002, 06:08 AM
Welcome!! Keep looking, there are a few still out there. They may not be in your area but, the VX is worth the travel!! Some of us have go great distances to acquire their babies..

Dallas4u
12/22/2002, 09:46 AM
Good luck... we'll help as much as possible in finding you one!

By the way... I've been to Macon on business trip before. Even took a hockey puck from the office... Macon Whoopee!

StormTROOPER
12/22/2002, 10:16 AM
Yep , you definitely have a case of VX fever, and there's only one cure, hope you find one soon. It took me 3 years before I could afford buying a lease return with only 16K miles, saving around $10K. Good luck, I doubt if you'll find one of these rare beauts in your area but think of the fun you'll have driving back home.;) :D

louielou2k
12/22/2002, 11:11 AM
There is one left at Pugmire Isuzu in Marietta Ga. Its new. There asking for $28,000 but my uncle who bought one from them paid $23,000 for a new V-cross. You can look them up at www.pumire.com or call them at (678) 996-0200. Ask for Lance Bass he sold the V-cross to my uncle. Good Luck

louielou2k
12/22/2002, 11:13 AM
sorry that's www.pugmire.com

Beavertractors
12/22/2002, 06:15 PM
Hall auto mall in West Virginia 757-989-8700 has 2-3 left,,$22-$23,000 Ask for Orlando (tell him Tony from New York sent you) Hi Guys (New Member)Tony B

DuggerVX
12/23/2002, 09:36 PM
Well, I checked out the Pugmire site, and couldn't find anything about a VX anywhere on there... I've looked there before, with no luck. I may just hit up on one of the newer VXs on autotrader.com. There is one somewhere near Atlanta thats not too bad. Anyway, thanks for being so nice and cool, everyone! I've been lurking on here for about a month now!

--Douglas Dassel

DuggerVX
12/23/2002, 11:22 PM
Haha! Ok, so I just figured that if there WERE any VXs that they would be under used inventory! Thank you SO much! I finally found basically a whole bunch of them! And i finally have a decent enough job to afford one! (I'm only 20 years old). VX haggling, here I come! Thanks again to you awesome guys and gals... Hopefully soon i'll be behind the wheel of my very own V-Cross!

Douglas Dassel

Dallas4u
12/24/2002, 07:46 AM
There is a used VX in Atlanta (http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=118146061&dealer_id=&make=ISU&distance=50&max_price=&model=VEHICROSS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2002&min_price=&certified=n&address=30318&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1999&color=&car_year=1999) for $15,999 w/45k miles on her.

I'm sure you want something newer, but this could be an option none the less.

skullcap
12/29/2002, 03:50 PM
You could do worse than to try Carmax.com I found three in the southeast, although none in Atlanta.

Only a week into it, I went with one that stayed on the market for over a month at their Greeneville, SC location. They have a no-haggle price policy. I got my 2000 Ebony Black VX with 32k miles for under $18k. My credit union even explained that the loan value was well-over $20k and indicated that it I was buying at a decent price. Whatever the case, it's affordable and fits me like a glove! I've already run out of folks to show-it-off to, so looks like I need more friends ;Do;

Coming from central GA, if they have one at a distant location, you can arrange to have one shipped for around $150. This is deducted from the purchase price if you decide to go through with the sale.

I was a little apprehensive about paying for a test-drive of something so different, so I made the 2-hour haul to South Carolina. So far, I'm glad I did. And I put the $150 clams toward the purchase of a "hat for the lady" (Load-Warrior).

Happy hunting and Happy New Year!

DuggerVX
01/02/2003, 09:38 PM
Damn!

Today I was at a stoplight, and a lady in a minivan slammed into my car, injuring myself slightly and basically destroying my VW Passat... It sucks, but this might what I need to get a VX... As it turns out, one of my bosses at work told me about one that was on sale right down the street from my house, and it is a beaut... ... Bad way to start the new year...

Douglas Dassel

AnalogVX
01/03/2003, 04:06 AM
Sucks about your car. Hope you're OK. Call it fate...but the VX has a way possessing you. Now, every moment you will eat, sleep, and think VX!

Moncha
01/03/2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by RichD
Sucks about your car. Hope you're OK. Call it fate...but the VX has a way possessing you. Now, every moment you will eat, sleep, and think VX!

I am not at all possessed!! Obsessed maybe. :naughty:

I haven't done the split pea soup things for years :bwgy:

Glad you're OK Dugger!!