PDA

View Full Version : Alarm malfunctioning?

ScubaSteve
03/03/2004, 03:53 AM
Hey guys - i searched previous posts but found nuttin...

Went out to the truck a few days ago, and for some reason my remote wouldn't unlock the VX... thinking it was the battery, I went and grabbed the spare remote - still nothing! Now it seems to me that the alarm dash LED has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it'll be lit, sometimes it won't. I have no problems manually unlocking the door, but it SERIOUSLY detracts from the coolness factor:)

I was wondering if the alarm system involved it's own dedicated fuse, but I couldn't find anything in the manual or in the fusebox under the dash... any suggestions? That battery terminals haven't been disconnected since I've owned the vehicle (August 03?).

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...:mbrasd:

VXcaver
07/13/2004, 12:48 PM
ScubaSteve... were you ever able to resolve this? I've got the same problem right now. My keyless remote no longer works. The little battery is good, and the problem started right after I reconnected the car battery. I think its a blown fuse, but I can't find a fuse for this anywhere... Grrr.

Tone
07/13/2004, 01:51 PM
Just need to 'reassociate' the remote to the controller under the dash - see various posts on this.

ScubaSteve
07/14/2004, 04:34 AM
Tone,

I tried searching and found nothing... I've been living with this alarm p.i.t.a. since it happened:(.

Can you post a link to any of the threads you mentioned?

I'd really like to fix this problem once and for all.

VXcaver
07/14/2004, 06:30 AM
I did a search as Tone suggested and followed the instructions from this Jimbo post:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=39450#post39450

Mine is a little different because I guess it's an aftermarket install, but the instructions still worked. Somewhere along the way my keyfob started working again. ;Dy;

ScubaSteve
07/14/2004, 06:52 AM
congrats. at least one of us had luck.

I also found Jimbo's thread and actually just came back inside from trying it. no luck. found the green button - pushed it in with a pen... key was "on". i got squat in return.

the led on my fob is pretty bright, so i don't think it's a battery issue. I've heard that disconnecting the neg battery cable "resets" the control box, which would make sense, but i have yet to try that. i'm hoping that resetting the box will then in turn enable me to program the fob via the infamous 'little green button'...
:confused: