PDA

View Full Version : Option Button

Spy Hunter
03/02/2004, 10:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: there's no receiver built into the VX for the option button? I assume the receiver comes with the garage door opener kit....

Bobster
03/03/2004, 07:09 AM
Yes. You are correct. I thought about getting the door opener option. But, I took another route.

I mounted a button in the blank on our dash. Then I connected it to my garage door opener. I ran the wire with the door opener attached over to the glove compartment and clipped it to the inside top edge. Now, I just push the button on the dash and the garage door opens.

johnnyapollo
03/03/2004, 09:58 AM
About that Garage Door option - I was talking to someone who bought one (don't remember who offhand) who told me that it's a remote activated switch that you tie into your garage switch. You could actually use this remote switch to power other things so you are not limited to a garage door. An automated fence gate or lights come to mind. It's something to think about. I think it would be easy to adapt to tripping some accessories function on the VX as well - such as a rear-door popper.

I'm installing an after market alarm (with auto-start) into my VX, so I've never explored the possibilities... perhaps someone out there is more adventuresome?

-- Best, John

Eckstream
03/03/2004, 12:21 PM
Im workin on a two way lcd remote alarm/remote start with a rear door popper and linear actuator to open the door.... The alarm has like 20 different outputs to do pretty much anythin you want. Also on the way is a 2-10" sub system in the rear door with a floating amp rack. Im tryin to get together enough money for a digital camera before I get started so I can take tons of pics for you guys.