PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross lighning:USA-EUROPE different?

Saulius
03/02/2004, 04:14 AM
Hello,

I’m considering the possibility to purchase this vehicle with the delivery to Europe. I did not manage to find on internet where VehiCross are produced – in factories in Japan or USA; also whether these vehicles are manufactured only for US market or for US and Europe markets. In fact, VehiCross vehicles are very rare in Europe. The possible reason of this is different systems of lightning used on European and American vehicles.

Therefore, considering the possibility to deliver the vehicle to Europe, could you confirm whether front and rear turn lights of the vehicle flash in red or in yellow? Also, could you send me the exact text which is written on the front and rear lamps (I’m wondering whether entries E13 and E1 are provided on, respectively, front and rear lamps)?

Thank you for your answers,
My email is: info@btn.lt

Regards,
Saulius

johnnyapollo
03/02/2004, 05:19 AM
The VX was manufactored in Japan for both the Japanese and later the US market. There are differences between the two, and I believe that the Japanese version VX is closer to the European standard than the US version. There are some members of this board in the UK and they should be able to provide more information.

-- Best, John

JAFO
03/02/2004, 10:40 AM
could you confirm whether front and rear turn lights of the vehicle flash in red or in yellow?

On the U.S. model the turn signals are yellow, front and rear.

Some other differences:

US
---
Left hand drive
One din stereo no monitor
No rear view camera

Japan/Europe
-----------------
Right hand drive
Two din stereo with monitor/TV
Rear view camera

JAFO
03/02/2004, 12:11 PM
Also, could you send me the exact text which is written on the front and rear lamps (I’m wondering whether entries E13 and E1 are provided on, respectively, front and rear lamps)?
I did not see the E13 and E1 that you asked about. Here's all the information from my U.S. model.

Headlights (clear)
--------------
HCR-66 Stanley 6880L HB2 VOL SAE HR 97 DOT

Driving Light (clear)
----------------
ICHIKOH 3327 JAPAN DOT SAE P2 98

Front Turn Signal (amber)
----------------------
KOITO 210-21726 JAPAN SAE 1 97 DOT L

Side Marker (amber)
---------------
P0636 L SAE AP2 97 DOT

There were three marking that I saw on the rear tail light lens.

Rear Tail Light (red,amber,clear)
------------------
L (amber section)
SAE IRS7 97 DOT (red section)
Stanley 043-2024L (bottom section)

WyrreJ
03/02/2004, 07:35 PM
FWIW, the headlights appear to be normalized DOT-Euro spec (Z-style cut-off, not as sharp a cut-off as regular Euro-only). But, I'm not an expert either.

sam
03/12/2004, 09:49 AM
I believe the Japanese models are suitable to the European market, but they only come in right-hand drive from the Japan market itself.

Modifications are only needed in the sense of fixing a rear fog light to the vehicle and petrol adaptor to the fuel tank flap entry (UK requirements only).

As most European countries are left hand drive vehicles then you would need to source models from US or a possible lead would be from Russia, as I have seen VX's from that region.

Good luck!