PDA

View Full Version : Rancho RS9000X 218.95 Shipped!

Yefim
03/01/2004, 07:51 AM
Last year Rancho was running a "Buy 3 get 1 free" special on RS9000X shocks. The best price I found back then was at Sam's Offroad - $209.85 shipped from Sam's Offroad as I mentioned my original thread here. (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1162) However, I missed that sale and I was told that it may be running again this year. Well it has started today. So if you are looking for your stock shocks replacement I challenge you to find a better deal on those shocks. They are available at Sam's Offroad (http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm) for $218.95 shipped right now - looks like it's a little higher then last year but still the best price I could find. I just placed my order, I think folks who ordered last year said that they deliver quick and they also have a 30-days return policy. I have no association with that site and just passing this info since I have been waiting for this sale for a while. I did not order the remote control... still debating whether it is worth it or not... I can always add it later I guess.

cheers

Apostle
03/01/2004, 10:32 AM
Just ordered, with the remote.

Dallas4u
03/01/2004, 10:41 AM
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but all I see is the set of four RS900X for $289.95.

Where is the $219 price?

Yefim
03/01/2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but all I see is the set of four RS900X for $289.95.

Where is the $219 price?

Hmm... not sure why... maybe try refreshing your page? Maybe you got the old page save in your browser... when I go to http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm I see the correct price.

Medman
03/01/2004, 12:46 PM
Just got mine too. Hope they send the right size though. According to the Rancho spec. guide there are two different model #'s for the front/rear-RS99214 and RS99215 respectively (I think).

Anyway, thanks for the low down on the sale!

-Medman

WormGod
03/01/2004, 02:40 PM
I had to send an email that accompanied my order with the part numbers since there was no field to fill in about vehicle details. Wouldnt hurt to do the same. :)

Yefim
03/01/2004, 04:26 PM
Actually, right before the checkout, there was a text box where you can input your vehicle model, make, year, etc. I filled that info in - hopefully the right parts will be shipped.

WyrreJ
03/01/2004, 07:02 PM
Wow, a whole year! I still haven't had mine installed... For those worried about getting the right models, with just the vehicle make and model, they sent me the right shocks.

Yefim
03/01/2004, 07:14 PM
Hey WyrreJ you are in Nashua! I recently bought a house in Chelmsford which is about 15 minutes from Nashua - I go shopping there all the time - tax free :D If you find a good place that can install them for a good price let me know - maybe they can give us a "group discount" ;)

shoota77
03/01/2004, 07:35 PM
You guys up in N.H. know of any good service shops up that way...i'm down here in medford but play hockey in salem at least 4 times a week. thanks!
-lionel

Daver
03/02/2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Yefim
Hey WyrreJ you are in Nashua! I recently bought a house in Chelmsford which is about 15 minutes from Nashua - I go shopping there all the time - tax free :D If you find a good place that can install them for a good price let me know - maybe they can give us a "group discount" ;)

Post it if you know a good installer. I work in Chelmsford these days.

-Daver

HotFlyer
03/03/2004, 07:25 AM
Just ordered a set of Rancho RS9000X shocks from Sam's Offroad Equipment. They had the sale price of $218.95 with free shipping. Will post further when received.

Howard

Yefim
03/03/2004, 08:25 AM
Anyone got any other confirmation besides the one that comes right after you order? I am curious how long it takes for them to ship it and if they send a tracking number at some point... if anyone has any updates please post it.

thanks

WormGod
03/03/2004, 08:45 AM
I never got a "sent" confirmation or a tracking number, but they arrived in a week.

Capri
03/11/2004, 10:13 AM
hopefully to have these ordered/installed soon!

Apostle
03/11/2004, 02:47 PM
got mine about a week out also.

the site says it should arrive 10-14 days after ordered. went and looked when it took forever to get mine in

yal^
03/11/2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Medman
Just got mine too. Hope they send the right size though. According to the Rancho spec. guide there are two different model #'s for the front/rear-RS99214 and RS99215 respectively (I think).

(...)

You think?
I am sorry, but they are calling me for some reason, I don't know yet, I got ony msg on my machine. I would like to know exact part #s just in case.
Anyone? Please...

Reg Hinnant
03/11/2004, 07:25 PM
According to Rancho Shock table:
RS99214 = Front
RS99215 = Rear
numbers come from Trooper listing that interchanges with the VX.
Look in "best replacement shock" thread for extended/compressed measurements compared to stock.

Yefim
03/11/2004, 08:48 PM
UPS is trying to deliver my set for two days already. They require signature and of course they deliver when noone is home. So I will have to wait till final notice which is tomorrow I believe - and then pick them up from the UPS center myself. I have an installation appt scheduled for next week already! After that, my OEM set will also be avaialble if anyone is intersted. I had all of my original shocks replaced under warranty a year ago so they only have about 15K on them.

WyrreJ
03/11/2004, 09:46 PM
You can call UPS and have them hold the package -- if you call them by 6 or 7pm. You probably should call anyway, just in case they decide to return it instead of hold it after the 3rd failed delivery attempt - I know they send stuff back sooner in some cases (maybe only COD, not sure).

deermagnet
03/18/2004, 06:14 PM
I saw this nice upgrade over at the 4X4 Wire for the Rancho 9000 remote control kit. Apparently, age and rust will eventually cause some problems with the stock hardware. It's at least something to consider. If you feel any individual components are suspect, you can buy those pieces only.

https://george.he.net/~marks1/mcsstore/airfit.htm (https://george.he.net/~marks1/mcsstore/airfit.htm)

Mark

coachreed
03/19/2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Reg Hinnant
According to Rancho Shock table:
RS99214 = Front
RS99215 = Rear
numbers come from Trooper listing that interchanges with the VX.
Look in "best replacement shock" thread for extended/compressed measurements compared to stock.

How about for VX's with 3" of lift? Will these still work or do I need different model numbers? Please let me know... I am VERY interested in getting these but don't want the wrong ones! Any idea how long the offer is good for? I didn't see a date on the page.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

coachreed
03/19/2004, 07:55 AM
OK, so I emailed them about the deal and also asked if they could advise me on whether those part numbers would fit a VX with 3" lift... his reply was that Rancho specs their shocks for stock ride height... in the write-up on samsoffroad.com they say, "Please specify your vehicle type and modifications on the order page. Let us know if you have a suspension or a body lift, and how much lift you have."... soooo...

Anyway, does ANYONE know for sure if these part numbers fit a VX with 3" lift? Lemme know... I'd like to pick a set up but don't wanna get the wrong thing.

TTYL!

yal^
03/19/2004, 01:34 PM
I actually called them and talked to Rick, I guess he is handling shipping and stuff. He told me, that Rancho makes two sizes - for stock height and with 2" lift. I am going to talk to him again so I'll let you know if there is another answer to this, as I am interested in this too.
I am pretty sure someone posted on 4x4wire something about installing those shocks on lifted Trooper, but I lost that post :( Yet, If recall correctly, that Trooper had only 2" of lift.

coachreed
03/19/2004, 02:14 PM
well, if I'm running my stock shocks with my 3" lift and having beat it off road a little and not seen problems with them getting over-extended... I guess that the set for 2" lift would be ok... I don't plan to go any bigger unless someday I go for the SAS... not sure if that will happen or not though... maybe someday. Did you get part numbers for the 2" lift set? If so, lemme know. Thanks!

Randy

coachreed
03/19/2004, 02:15 PM
Oh BTW, I posted over on the Wire... but have gotten no responses yet. I figured that would be another good place to look... but we shall see. Not a lot of VX'ers over there... and maybe they don't talk because they don't realize they are interchangable... even though I said they were in the post. Anyway. thanks again!

Coach

Dallas4u
03/19/2004, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure I have seen some lifts with more than 3" using Rancho 9000's before.

yal^
03/19/2004, 02:22 PM
I see you just got some answers, but I also foung that post. Maybe this will help:
Update on the 'removing rear swar bars in Rodeo' issue (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=482728&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Edit: Rick is out of office 'till monday morning, but I can give you their phone # if you want to talk to someone else there.

coachreed
03/19/2004, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know the fully extended length and fully compressed length of the stock VX shocks? That might be a helpful piece of info. Then again they may not have the compressed and extended lengths of the Rancho's on hand. Ugh... I want a set but I don't want to make a mistake and get the wrong ones. Ah well... I'll keep looking... Thanks!

Randy

coachreed
03/19/2004, 02:52 PM
Just found this through a search... answering my own question...

Isuzu VX OEM KYB rally type shocks for reference
Extended Compressed P/N
Frnt 15.35 x 10.24 89721 25330
Rear 19.25 x 12.56 89721 25340

Anyway, I guess we need something that has a slightly longer Extended length, right?

Coach

valenki
03/21/2004, 03:33 PM
Should I get them for my 99 Vehicross? How good is the Rancho 9000 with remote?

VXspaceship
07/11/2004, 08:37 PM
I just received my set of Rancho shocks.

I bought them at http://4wheelparts.com

I told them it was for my VX and gave them the part numbers listed in this post.

Front: RS99214
Rear: RS99215

They shipped the correct front one but shipped a RS99001 for the rear.

Does anyone now the difference? Are the RS99215 and RS99001 equivalent?

I will give a call tomorrow to Rancho and to 4x4 wheel parts to check. But was wondring if anyone has had this problem before, or if anyone has installed the RS99001 instead of the RS99215.

Thanks!!

mbeach
01/15/2005, 12:54 PM
I have just ordered the RS9000Xs from Sam's Off-Road.
I also ordered the In-dash control unit.

I have done a few very well documented (photos and write-up) installs of equipment on other vehicles for other sites. Would the members of this site be interested in a sticky'd write-up on installation (particularly the control unit)?

I'd most likely be doing some custom dash work for the guages and buttons to be mounted.
If there's an interest in seeing this, I'll need a few days to get the digicam charged and recruit my wife and father-in-law to take pictures and write notes.
If there's no interest, I'll just slap the stuff on quickly and be done with it.

zadam123
01/15/2005, 01:06 PM
I love my ranchos, heres my custom work i did with the gauges, extra switches are for some neon and fog lights,

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/57drivers.jpg

adam

J La
01/16/2005, 12:54 AM
I would really appreciate a "how to" on the rancho's. As I have had a set in a box a year now. :p

mbeach
01/16/2005, 09:53 AM
Install of the dampers should be pretty straightforward, so I was going to spend the majority of time on the In-Dash control unit (where to mount it/the compressor, running lines, etc.) because I figured that it would eliminate any of the traditional trial-and-error installations for others later on. I could make all of the mistakes so that others don't have to.

I was considering mounting the guages for the control unit below the area that zadam has mounted his (it's not something that requires priority viewing while driving). I considered using a sheet of CF that I have laying around, but I might save that for the relocation/building in of my GPS to the current stereo location.

On Your Left
03/03/2005, 10:19 AM
For anyone interested in the Rancho 9000 shocks, Sam's Off Road has them on sale again, Buy 3 Get 1 Free. The total is $223.95 w/ free Standard UPS shipping. They're also selling the remote unit for $154.95.

This is what I've been waiting for, so just ordered a set! :) [About time too since at 54,000 miles my OEM shocks have had enough!]

scarpezio
03/03/2005, 12:27 PM
The price is now $223.95.

VehiGAZ
03/21/2005, 01:17 PM
I got my VX in December, and I thought my shocks were shot, but then I noticed a curious absence of an external expansion chamber when I looked underneath, which means a previous owner replaced the OEM shocks with who-knows-what, presumably to soften the ride. So I'm looking for options here... replace with OEM VX shocks or try something altogether different (which brought me to this thread)

What's the story with these Rancho shocks?
Are they geared for off-road?
How do they ride on-road?
How well do they match the VX springs?
How do the compare to the OEM springs?
Any other suggestions of what to replace them with?
the OEM shocks?