PDA

View Full Version : Parts?

Charon_Sin
03/01/2004, 06:51 AM
Has anyone had any problems ordering parts? I have tried to order a few parts for an authorized Isuzu parts distributor and they say that those parts are discontinued.

Cyrk
03/01/2004, 07:03 AM
Never have any problems ordering from these guys...

St Charles Isuzu: 800.727.8066

-Dave

Charon_Sin
03/01/2004, 07:26 AM
Well its not a problem with ordering. I have order parts in the past. It is a problem with availability. I wanted to order a lateral bar and they checked Isuzu Parts Now and said that it showed that part as being a discontinued item. We use it here at work for ordering parts for IBM computers. If Parts Now says a part is out of stock or discontinued then it is. I also tried to order a new cargo net because I lost mine in a move and they said that part was also discontinued. It looks like it is just parts that are specific to the Vehicross.

Tone
03/01/2004, 07:28 AM
So did you try St Charles or not? Or anyone else? The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

Lateral bar is on backorder at Isuzu- NOT discontinued. Cargo net is in stock and can ship immediately from a California warehouse - $23

Charon_Sin
03/01/2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Tone
So did you try St Charles or not? Or anyone else? The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

Lateral bar is on backorder at Isuzu- NOT discontinued. Cargo net is in stock and can ship immediately from a California warehouse - $23

Tone,
I am not saying that the sky is falling. I am just asking if anyone else has had any problems ordering parts as of late. And I was told that the part was "discontinued" not on back order. I asked them to recheck and they did and came back and said again that the part was "discontinued".

VXcaver
03/01/2004, 08:35 AM
Shan, St. Charles is great because the folks there know the VX and want our business. I also use http://www.isuzuparts.net to look up a current list price or to check availabilty.

You coming to the April car show in Oracle??

Spy Hunter
03/01/2004, 10:19 AM
I tried to order a new LED assembly and was told that it was discontinued as well. They said they would have to replace the whole alarm system. I said "stick it in your ear." Not really, but I just replaced the LED myself.

Charon_Sin
03/01/2004, 03:13 PM
I called St Charles Isuzu. At first they said the part was on back order but after they called Isuzu they confirmed that that part was indeed discontinued. He did say that it had a Sub part number that was available but it is a bit more expensive.

Triathlete
03/02/2004, 08:16 AM
If it is something you can buy used try allhundyaiisuzu.com!

Charon_Sin
03/03/2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
If it is something you can buy used try allhundyaiisuzu.com!

I will give that a shot thanks. It is a part specific to the VX though.

Triathlete
03/03/2004, 08:12 AM
They have several VX's there so chances are they will have it. Plus i will save you a little $$$. Their service has been excelent both times I've called them. They shipped the same day and I recieved the parts within 3 days.