PDA

View Full Version : FloMaster muffler installed

Edward
03/01/2004, 05:12 AM
I just had a 40 series Flomaster put on at the muffler shop...
Woh it's much louder inside!! The outside sounds nice it's a deep rumble but it's rumbles too much inside... should I have put a 50 series on like I wanted (the manger said the 40 would be fine he didn't have a 50) or can I put some sort of reflector shield above my muffler to quiet down the interior noice...? any suggestions..?

johnnyapollo
03/01/2004, 05:25 AM
You could Dynamat the interior.

-- John

Maverick
03/01/2004, 05:36 AM
You could install a heat sheild, and it "might" reduce the noise slightly, but chances are youd still have to remove the muffler again to get it in, and find/pay for one..not really worth the effort or expence IMHO.... Id take it back and see if you cant get them to change it out because your not satisfied..

Okay, now i know theres at least THREE OTHER VX's between West Palm And Jupiter.. I have yet to see any of you guys...:mad: ;Db;

psychos2
03/01/2004, 06:09 AM
they do not list a same side in and out in a 50 series.that is why i had a 40 series installed too. i was told that if i changed the exaust tip to the same size as the pipe it would quiet it done.the 3 inch tip works like a megaphone making it louder.i have not had the chance to try changing the tip.that would be the first thing i would try. shawn

Spy Hunter
03/01/2004, 10:35 AM
What kind of performance gains did you all notice with the Flowmaster?

Edward
03/01/2004, 11:14 AM
I just contacted the shop I had it done(NPB Muffler) The manger is being a jerk he says there would be no difference in interrior noise with the delta flo 50 series. He doesn't believe what flomaster says... and he wouldn't install a 50series for the difference in price! Flowmaster suggested I try exhuast wrap on some of the piping and top of the muffler..?

Thanks guys for your reply... this is a cool site.
PS I haven't had a chance to noticed the performance increase because stepping on the gas is sooo loud I am amazed by the noise alone. :)

Edward
03/01/2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks John!
I am going to look into Dynashild Spray... to spray the under carrage or maybe right on the muffler if it can take the heat..It say's it's non flamable.

redline
03/01/2004, 05:07 PM
I know you don't get the salt we do up here in Michigan but undercoat shops will inject sound deadeners inside panels and spraycoat your undercarriage .Makes A HELLUVA DIFFERENCE .Or you can strip your car apart and dynamat .Injected sound deadening is less costly and more effective .My .02

VX-KING
03/02/2004, 08:00 AM
Hey Edward
i have dual exhaust made by flowmaster and do you have dual or single exhaust

if you want more ruumble for outside of te vx
put custom headers on
take out the Converters and put mustang converters
take out the TOD pipe and put a X pipe on with dual exhuast

Flowmaster are #1

Tone
03/02/2004, 08:13 AM
The KING returneth with more words of wisdom! Anyone seen pics from him yet?

Dallas4u
03/02/2004, 08:23 AM
More flow doesn't always mean more hp.

AlaskaVX
03/02/2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tone
The KING returneth with more words of wisdom!
LOL :laughr:

Spy Hunter
03/02/2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by VX-KING

if you want more ruumble for outside of te vx
put custom headers on
take out the Converters and put mustang converters
take out the TOD pipe and put a X pipe on with dual exhuast

Um, didn't he want LESS rumble? :?:

Chopper
03/02/2004, 04:21 PM
Good advice on the duals; There is a company(Aero Tech?) that makes a" turbo" (think Thrush Hush) style muffler. Quiet at idle, reasonable at cruise, an' Roar at acceleration. The old school way is sometimes the best. You even pick up a few equines in the process. Check it out.

Edward
03/03/2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the replies.. I have a single flomaster 40series.. and It's rumble (humming noise) inside at certain rpm's will hurt your ears... anyway so far I think I am going try to take off the large tip to help the inside vibration humming.. sounds like an easy sensible solution..
But tonight other problems... the AC fan stopped!!!!! (fuse is fine) :confused: Darn.... not good especially when the windows don't work good anyway!!!!!
Ed

Edward
03/18/2004, 05:58 AM
$41.00 part ordered from the dealership.. and easy to replace.. (behind the glove box) A/C working fine now. Thanks to the members of this site.

Ed

jim.LR>AR
03/19/2004, 12:42 PM
If you don't like the rumble get a louder radio. Don't worry people get used to you saying "huh " all the time . lol

SPAZZ
03/19/2004, 09:20 PM
submerse your VX in water.....quiet your power vault right down...worked for me;eekp;