Hotsauce
02/27/2004, 04:58 PM
http://www.av-performance.com/rallymasters.wmv

13.7M, but well worth seeing.

John C.

Heraclid
02/27/2004, 05:37 PM
;eekr;

Well as it went along I marvelled that no spectators seemed to get taken out in the process and kept thinking "this one tops 'em all', then another one came and topped that, and on and on. And the very end where you don't see the cliff dive you know is coming... yikes...

That music is really annoying.

Joe_Black
02/27/2004, 05:45 PM
Great post Hotsauce!

Two things I came away with most from that video (besides flashbacks from my La Carrera Panamericana experience!) was that 1: wipers don't help when you roll and 2: never let go of the route book!;eekg;

The car that caught on fire was a Ford Sierra RS500, also known as the Merkur XR4Ti.;Do;

coachreed
02/27/2004, 06:06 PM
That my friend was AWSOME! In my opinion, World Ralley Racing is the baddest *** racing! Screw all that going in circles... WRC rocks! Makes me wanna get cable back to watch the Speed Channel... It is amazing that not more people get hurt or killed that type of racing... crazy!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Heraclid
02/27/2004, 06:16 PM
That last bit right at the end from an on-board camera... I imagine they cut the footage right before they go over the edge because the video is probably all that survived that one.

coachreed
02/27/2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
That last bit right at the end from an on-board camera... I imagine they cut the footage right before they go over the edge because the video is probably all that survived that one.

I remember seeing that one a couple years ago... I don't remember the outcome but I did see that one when it happened. Not sure if it was THAT one or one VERY similar to it, but they ended up coming to rest on the little rock wall before the drop... amazing stuff.

TTYL!

Maverick
02/27/2004, 07:24 PM
i was rooting for every car "you can make it!!" "straighten it out!!,"" drive man drive" no luck though..left me thinking about roll bars and on board fire suppresion systems.. .... and that poor, poor 911... ;eekr; that had to hurt.... but im sure the other car into the tree hurt more.... :deadg:

mrtew
02/29/2004, 07:09 AM
Why do people use that awful streaming WMP fomat? Is there any way to save those? What is wrong with a nice normal downloadable .mpg or .mov? I wanna keep it not stream it ever time I want to laugh my a$s off!

Jay Dunford
02/29/2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by mrtew
Why do people use that awful streaming WMP fomat? Is there any way to save those? What is wrong with a nice normal downloadable .mpg or .mov? I wanna keep it not stream it ever time I want to laugh my a$s off!

In IE, right click on link and "save target as". I don't know if Mac is the same. I just saved it.

mrtew
02/29/2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Jay Dunford
In IE, right click on link and "save target as". I don't know if Mac is the same. I just saved it.

Wow, thanks! I'm not usually THAT dense! That worked great, even on a Mac! :-]

WormGod
03/01/2004, 07:27 AM
Oh man. I needed that to wake up to this morning. Makes me appreciate how easy my bad day is so far. Heh.

redline
03/01/2004, 09:29 AM
I think there might be a difference between the two.
Engine
4w/drive
exterior window pillar
cosworth wing
nice car the"xr4ti" had a couple myself. Used to spot the sierra cosworths zipping around here in Dearborn.