PDA

View Full Version : Haunted VX?

VXcaver
02/27/2004, 09:02 AM
I've never seen anything like this before, but this morning I discovered my VX sitting in its parking space, running already. Doors were locked, keys still in my pocket. It somehow started itself. I could hear a beep beep inside the truck.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Is it possible the truck had a remote starter installed before I purchased it? And if so, what would the device look like? I'm clueless on this one, but its definetly creepy. Now I'm going outside every ten minutes to see if its happened again.

I don't belive in ghosts, but this was way too spooky!

Spy Hunter
02/27/2004, 09:52 AM
That, my friend is the COOLEST thing I have ever heard!

VX_PA
02/27/2004, 10:08 AM
That sounds like one VX that is ready to go. Very weird?;eekr;

Eckstream
02/27/2004, 10:20 AM
Check around under the dash on the drivers side.... Most remote start units are a lil black box... You could also find your ignition wire and see if anything is tapped into it. Ive never heard of anything like this happening tho and Im an installer... Although my home stereo has a habbit of turning itself on at full volume in the middle of the night... There is no explination as you have to select the source you want, then power, then the volume(i ALWAYS leave it turned down)... Let us kno what you find!

Dallas4u
02/27/2004, 10:46 AM
Definitely the strangest thing I have heard about the VX. I hope it wasn't running for an extended period.

warr`s auto
02/27/2004, 11:00 AM
most remote starter units can be set to start automatic if the temp. gets to low ! pull the cover under the wheel and look at the wires off the ing. switch to see if there has been any added it`s going to have a remote starter !!!:wave:

Triathlete
02/27/2004, 02:07 PM
I've seen this happen before Bob. It sounds like the work of kmones!:goof:

VXcaver
02/27/2004, 02:16 PM
Okay Billy... what's a kamone? ;Do;

I'm still baffled by this. While searching out the above suggested boxes and wires I noticed a little antenna behind the rearview. That's normal, for the remote, right? ;Do; Or do I have spyware installed in my truck? Now I'm getting paranoid.

SGT.BATGUANO
02/27/2004, 02:27 PM
The rearview ant. is not normal.

Maybe the previous owner kept a spare remote and now wants his truck back;eeky;

melonque
02/27/2004, 02:54 PM
This is so funny! Dude, I tell you, our VX are just plain cool, maybe our VX is really a spaceship designed by alien who now wants it back.

ok, I know, my joke is not that funny...

Eckstream
02/27/2004, 03:49 PM
Try to trace that rearview mirror ant. back to the source... Id say its an antenna for an aftermarket remote start system.... It may be seperately fused so you can pull it to stop the unwanted starts....

Nerfzooka
02/27/2004, 03:59 PM
Last Friday here in Las Vegas car remote signals were jammed Keyless encounters of the weird kind (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Feb-21-Sat-2004/news/23271330.html)

Today, one week later, more evidence of car signal jamming a few miles up the Colorado river.

Calculating the angular momentum of the earth over the last week, I suspect overflowing radio signals from a source in the Bull nebula, perhaps the posterior section.

VehiX
02/27/2004, 04:04 PM
Can you take a picture of this antenna by the mirror for us to see to ensure you are not confusing it with something else and wste your time tracking it down?

Also, what type of alarm do you currently have installed? After market or Stock?

VXcaver
02/27/2004, 05:23 PM
Here's a photo of the little antenna. It's just behind the rearview and the wire dissapears under the headliner:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/17littleantenna.jpg

About my alarm, as far as I know its the stock alarm, but it's never worked or I've never figured out how to engage it. The keyless door opener works fine.

Now I'm really interested in this Las Vegas Bull Nebula Colorado River connection! Hmmm.... Ghosts... or aliens?

AK VX Lvr
02/27/2004, 05:40 PM
Looks like an aftermarket remote start to me!!
:yes:
Dave

coachreed
02/27/2004, 05:54 PM
Definitely has a remote start on it somewhere. I'd do like Eckstream said and trace the antenna wire back tot he remote start brain. Also, look under the hood for any kind of hood pin switch. We are required to install them on the remote starts we do becuase MOST remote start systems will automatically try to start if power is lost and restored... having the hood up and pin switch interlock, makes it safe to service the vehicle. Find the brain and see what brand it is... maybe you can get new key fobs for it and reprograme them... could be a decent deal... although some remote start systems key fobs cost as much as the damn system itself! lol Let us know what you find.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

kpaske
02/27/2004, 06:43 PM
That looks exactly like the antenna on my Viper (DEI) alarm system. Mine also has an auto start feature. It has not, however, ever started without my prompting, except occassionally when I reconnect the battery. There could be a temperature sensor, like someone else mentioned. I have heard of those before also.

weasel
02/27/2004, 08:39 PM
I have a remote starter on mine. It is a clifford. The key remote has 4 buttons. Alarm-on-off, Trunk open, starter, Panic.

What does yours say?

-Fred

Cyrk
02/27/2004, 11:55 PM
Same antenna on mine and I have a aftermarket alarm installed with remote start.
-dave

Triathlete
02/28/2004, 08:13 AM
Oops! That should have been "knome". I become a bit dislexic after working a 17 hour shift (I hate forced overtime)! :zzzy: :zzzy: :zzzy: :zzzy: :zzzy:

johnnyapollo
02/28/2004, 08:24 AM
Isn't that "gnomes"???

-- John

weasel
02/28/2004, 08:29 AM
Did you know 5 out of every 3 is dyxlectic?

-Fred

Triathlete
02/28/2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by johnnyapollo
Isn't that "gnomes"???

-- John

Yea, thats the ticket!:deadg: :deadb: :deady:
You gnow what I kment!;Dy;

VXcaver
03/01/2004, 07:38 AM
Over the weekend I fussed with the remote and learned how to use the remote start. I take it my remote isn't the OEM version? Picture:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/17remote.jpg

If this isn't the "normal" remote, does anyone recognize it?

I still don't know what caused the truck to start on its own... ghosts or gnomes or whatever... ;eekr;

I'm still leaning towards ghosts.

carlymac
03/01/2004, 07:43 AM
That thing looks just like an anal probe they showed on the Discovery Channel the other night...Yea, this fat lady who didn't have a bra on said they (the little green men) probed her with one of those things...WEIRD
;eekg; ;Db;

AlaskaVX
03/01/2004, 10:46 AM
Doesn't look OEM to me. I would almost bet the * starts your car. Just mess with the buttons pressing both, holding it for 3 seconds, etc. you should be able to figure it out.

theericharris
03/01/2004, 11:10 AM
I have an Avital remote (kelyess entry/remote start) that looks similar to that.

Check out http://www.avital.com. Might be able to find it (I didn't see it on their current products page, as yours is old).

Nerfzooka
03/01/2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/842remotesm.jpg

It looks original, but I'm not sure if it is.

Dallas4u
03/01/2004, 02:56 PM
Nerf, that is an original VX remote.

edwin
03/12/2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Nerfzooka
Last Friday here in Las Vegas car remote signals were jammed Keyless encounters of the weird kind (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Feb-21-Sat-2004/news/23271330.html)

Today, one week later, more evidence of car signal jamming a few miles up the Colorado river.

Calculating the angular momentum of the earth over the last week, I suspect overflowing radio signals from a source in the Bull nebula, perhaps the posterior section.

;Dy;
dude - give me some of that **** - !

SPAZZ
03/12/2004, 10:03 PM
drove through creek......other side was a steep hill...climbed half way up that...was too steep to take without some umph....put in reverse...throttle went wild...went in reverse back into the creek...through the creek...and up the first bank...launched through the air...then went normal;eekp; doooo doooo doooo doooo, doooo doooo doooo dooooooooooooooooooo

Triathlete
03/13/2004, 03:29 PM
Spazz, I think your the first VX to get air in reverse! To bad the video camero wasn't on!;Db; ;Dy; ;Db; ;Dy; ;Db; ;Dy; ;Db; ;Dy; :thumbup: