PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor replacement

Triathlete
02/23/2004, 11:20 AM
Has anyone had to replace there air con/heater blower assembly? Mine just went out on mine (of course 1 month after my extended warranty expired). Where is it located? I'm thinking under passenger side dash like most vehicles. How hard of a job is it? Any help would be appreciated! TIA

VX_PA
02/23/2004, 12:11 PM
I didn't replace mine, however I did have to remove it to spray some silicone lube in it to quiet down the squeal it was making.

Easy to remove:

Crawl under passenger side and look under dash. It's the black round thing to the right.

There are 4 bolts holding it in place. Loosen with a #10 socket then lower and rotate so that you can unplug the connection.

Once it's removed there should be a decal right on the unit with the part number (mine had one anyway).

Good luck.

Triathlete
02/24/2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks VX_PA. Thats where I figured it was. Sounds easy enough. Kind of funny, mine squeeled for about 2-4 minutes last week. Then a few days later it was dead. Guess it was its last act of defience! Will definately have to replace it before it starts to thaw out here!;eeky;

VX_PA
02/24/2004, 08:37 AM
No problem Triathlete. I hope mine doesn't die on me until after the snow is done falling here. Luckily it's an easy fix if it does. Just don't know how much Isuzu is going to want for the replacement. Let me know how much they charge when you get yours? TIA

migil
02/24/2004, 10:11 AM
A word of advise from my experience: Chances are you wil see some rust when you get the motor out the blower plastic assy. Clean it thoroughly using an electric (not electronic) cleaner spray before lubbing it. You probably will need to repeat the lube process after a month or so, but that's better that having to pay for a new blower motor. ;eeky;

Same happened to mine 3 weeks after warranty expired, did the process described, and no further problems so far, and it saved me about 120$ :D

carlymac
02/24/2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Triathlete,
hope its just a lube job your motor needs. BUT mine did the same thing and it was the blower motor resistor. I had to track down the problem with my '99 Ironman the hard way. I've linked to my origional thread including the remedy below... Hope this helps, if you need more than a shot of silicon...carlymac

Here for my thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1676&highlight=blower+motor)

migil
02/24/2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, of course, the resistor...

Mine also had to be replaced for about $30 (It can't be fixed), besides the lube process for the blower motor. It probably got fried because of the blower problem. Hopefully isn't the case with your VX.

Triathlete
02/24/2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info Carlymac. I will definately test that first sinceit will save some $$$$. Your how-to makes it sound like an easy process.:smack: :thumbup:

carlymac
02/25/2004, 06:28 AM
I can nearly guarentee the problem is the resistor...