PDA

View Full Version : Window problems!!!!!

sam
02/22/2004, 05:34 PM
Can anyone tell me why does my windows come off their window tracks?

It's gotten really bad! How would I solve this problem! I cant put my windows down more than an inch...it's soooo frustrating!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Sam

Anita
02/22/2004, 06:26 PM
Sam, the window problem is quite common among VX's. Seems that there is binding from the tracks being too tight. Prolonged use of the windows with this problem can cause the window regulators to fail.

The first step is to spray silicone down the rubber tracks and to do that at regular intervals to keep it from binding.

A more permanent fix is located on the "How To..." forum.

Window Fix (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1180)

To learn more about this and other problems, do use the "search" feature on the site. It brings up a wealth of information and sometimes saves you time waiting for someone to answer a post.

Good luck fixing your windows! ;Dr;

David Wiltshire
02/23/2004, 02:26 PM
Hi Sam,
No suprise, check out the article Anita suggested by Phines.
It looks daunting but providing you know one end of a screwdriver from the other you should be able to tackle it. send me an e-mail and I will give you my phone number and you can call me if you get a problem.
Pleased to help out a fellow U.K. VX owner.
Best regards.
David Wiltshire.

zzzyang
02/23/2004, 03:06 PM
i had same windows problem last week, and i took into the shop to repair it. They said the glue (rubber) used to stick the glass and track was too tight and hard. What they did was scratch out the exist rubber and put on another grade of rubber. The job should take less than 1 hour and cost under $50. But the window can not be operated for 48-72 hours in order for rubber to get dry.

Anita
02/23/2004, 04:22 PM
I dont know if I was the only one that had this happen, but while having the window problem I continued to use it until there was a pronounced crunch sound. I had forced the window in such a way that the plastic tab attached to the glass broke. Not only did I need the tracks shimmeyed, but I had to replace a regulator and the whole glass. Luckily it was all under warranty.

sam
03/12/2004, 09:37 AM
Do I need to buy the rubber lining tracks t oreplace or just prize open the tracks themselves!

David Wiltshire
03/13/2004, 04:12 AM
Hi Sam,
The rubbers will be O.K. just peel them away prior to opening the track buy some rubber silicone spray from Halfords and give the inside of the rubber where the windows slide in a good spray and leave for a while. You can be quite brutal with the track I not only opened it out I pushed it towards the door frame too. Be carefull opening up the track one slip could be a dent on the outer skin of the door.