PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Ckecklist.

jayfotos
02/21/2004, 09:23 PM
OK, I'm starting this tread to finalize my "things to do" and "things to get" for a supercharger.

I did all my searches on this forum, read all treads and talked to some guys off this forum.....I think I'm set.

I have a checklist for what to get and do before installation.

1. new Intake gaskets

2. new belt, Gatorback Goodyear

3.New injector o-rings

Remember, the idea here is to have a smooth installation with no hang ups.

I read on another thread, this guy had his VX in the shop for a week getting his sc installed....that's nuts, and I'm sure it cost him a arm and a leg!

I plan to research shops and make sure they dedicate all there time to this project til it's done, hoping they will have it done in a few days at the most. Giving them all that they need to do the job with no hang ups, telling them that I have done my research and that the install should not take more than a day to do and letting them know "I know the deal" should keep them on the up and up.

With giving the shop all the "stuff" they need, letting them know I know how it should go down and without any hang ups should cut down on shop costs.

So, how am I doing.....missing anything?

Hotsauce
02/22/2004, 12:33 AM
The thermostat is only accessable with the intake off. Definatly worth changing it, and related gasket with the opportunity you will have.

John C.

jayfotos
02/22/2004, 06:28 PM
Can somebody tell me where to pick up the "bag'o injector rings"? From what I understand they come in a bag of diffeent sizes and run about $18.

Thanks- Jay

Dallas4u
02/22/2004, 06:52 PM
From another thread...

Originally posted by newthings
I found some confusion on what you get when you order the injector o-rings.
Item 'Gasket; Injector', part number 8-17113-400, quantity ONE, for about $14.00, delivers a bag with 16 o-rings. Eight fat and eight skinny. All about the same diameter.
St. Charles had a note indicating the part number bot only one o-ring. I will call and give Merlin an update tomorrow.
Alpine did, just this week, send me a new and improved cable bracket. I have not done the install yet to know the difference.

jayfotos
02/22/2004, 07:02 PM
Hmmm(scratches head)....

Zu4two
02/22/2004, 10:22 PM
The answer is right there in the post above. Go to your local Isuzu dealer or mail order from St. Charles Isuzu. Part number is 8-17113-400. You actually have 2 different sized rings on each of the 6 injectors, one for the fuel rail and one for the manifold.

jayfotos
02/22/2004, 10:52 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

Green Dragon
02/23/2004, 09:35 AM
Unaware if supercharger is shipped with oil. If Not, go to GM dealer ( Pontiac) ask for PN 12345982. a 4 oz bottle sells for about $7.50 Get two.

Bob

jayfotos
02/23/2004, 10:25 AM
From what I understand, it's tapped with oil.

AlaskaVX
02/23/2004, 12:09 PM
Mine came shipped with oil in it.