PDA

View Full Version : Girl VX Owners Roll Call

Anita
12/19/2002, 11:34 AM
I know there arent many of us compared to the boys, but I'd like to get a count of the girl VX owners.
And maybe answer these questions:

1. What possessed you to buy a VX?
2. Is it a boy magnet for you as it is for me? (Juicy stories can be emailed to me)
3. What is your line of work and play?

Girls unite!

VX crazy
12/19/2002, 01:06 PM
;pp; Hi Girls!

1) It looks AWESOME, and I have always liked 4 wheel drive trucks that are different looking.

2) Not much of a boy magnet for me, but I might look mean when I drive, not sure! I have had much better luck in that department with every other vehicle I have had!! I was better lookin when I was younger also!!

3) I am a Neurotology Nurse for 2 surgeons (ears only, and nerves of the ears) Very highly specialized field, only 4 in Austin and I work for two of them. I am also a Massage Therapist, but only work on people I know. I like to work out, getting there is hard, but it sure feels good when I am done. I also like to see movies, go to concerts of good hard rock, and just relax with my dog. I need to "depressurize" after having to be nice to people all day, so I kinda like to be by myself for a little bit to do that. And I LOVE Las Vegas!!! Anita, maybe you and Lisa K. can meet my friends and I when we get together up there!

Anita
12/19/2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by VX crazy
;pp; And I LOVE Las Vegas!!! Anita, maybe you and Lisa K. can meet my friends and I when we get together up there!

I'm game! Wow, could we possibly have a VX Meet in Las Vegas???

Hmmmmmmmm..........

StormTROOPER
12/21/2002, 04:37 PM
Wheeeew, ONLY two ViXens, that's a relief, wouldn't want my VX to be thought of as a girly car. ;) :D

Anita
12/21/2002, 05:23 PM
Guess again california..

There are more of us.. just not posting here. I know of 10 at the moment.

And for the girly comment, I didnt realize that the VX was a "boy" truck. Seemed to me that it is unique and not a truck to be labeled in any way....

BTW.. my other car is a girly 68 Pontiac GTO.

;Dr;

Dallas4u
12/21/2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Guess again california..

There are more of us.. just not posting here. I know of 10 at the moment.

And for the girly comment, I didnt realize that the VX was a "boy" truck. Seemed to me that it is unique and not a truck to be labeled in any way....

;Dr;

Burn

Anita
12/21/2002, 09:22 PM
;) All in fun guys... all in fun. Somehow I knew that if I started a post calling for all the girls to answer, you great guys couldnt stay away!

StormTROOPER
12/21/2002, 09:47 PM
:) We luv women with great taste in vehicles;)

RoninX
12/22/2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Anita
Guess again california..

;Dr;

Anita.............

:mbrasd:

I luv you.......;Dr;

Great taste in cars. A VX and 68 Pontiac GTO. Now, if you have a 1970's Ford GT-40 we are in love............;po;

Anita
12/22/2002, 02:48 PM
I think I have one in the trunk!

;Dr;

Leah
12/22/2002, 10:43 PM
I've always been what people call a tomboy, but now that I'm 37, I understand that the term is a misnomer. I don't want to be a boy, or act like a boy, or be 'tough' like a boy. I love being a woman, I just never liked dolls and dresses. I've always loved horses, helicopters, trucks and the outdoors. I was drawn to the VX because it looks like how I feel inside; beautiful and strong. It attracts on a level I can't describe. As a volunteer firefighter, I find that the VX comes in very handy in those hard-to-reach places and can get me to the fire station - 6 miles away over twisting, winding, hilly roads - in under five minutes. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I can go anywhere, follow powerlines way back into the woods over the roughest of roads to take the good news of God's kingdom to everyone, just as Jesus commanded. It also provides an excellent conversation piece that helps me, a shy person, talk to people I don't know...like you. :)

I'm a housewife who writes novels. I'm almost done with my second book, "The Lagomorph Project", which I hope to submit to a publisher by March, 2003.

I don't think it's a guy-magnet for me, but since I'm married, I'm not looking anyway.

Vasha13
12/30/2002, 07:14 AM
1) Why did I get a VX? Well, my husband was looking at them and there was only one on the lot so of course, I had to get it! ;Db; Just kidding (kind of) - I thought it was really neat looking - I saw it for the first time and purchased it within an hour - never even realizing what I had just bought. I am so glad I just did it!!

2) Yes, I do catch a lot of guys looking at it - I don't really ever talk to them since I am such a ditz about mechanical stuff but I am hoping that will all change (the ditzy part) once I learn about all the stuff on these forums.

3) I am a cost accountant for a bankrupt company looking forward to my unemployment vacation. Hopefully, it will allow me some time to go to some of the VX meets around the country.

Nerfzooka
01/25/2004, 12:09 AM
Hi, Lauren here, female VX owner.

My motto is "Cute yet Dangerous ". I love things that are pleasing to look at but can also do some damage (like myself). My former cars were a '82 Subaru Brat and a '92 Toyota MR2. I used to be a firefighter and sharpshooter in the army.

With apologies to StormTROOPER I like the VX because it has a short wheel base, curvy lines, and a bouncy ride, which in car terms make it cute. Yet it's got a relatively big engine, squinty headlights, and serious off-road ability, that makes it dangerous. I think that gives the VX not squeemish and frilly feminity, but more like a lioness' matriarchal bearing.

Now I fix computers, administer networks, and create web sites. :work:

I also live in Las Vegas, so girls, we can have a get-together when you're ready.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/25/2004, 01:20 AM
Nice color change on the flyin' VX.

Heraclid
01/25/2004, 06:42 AM
Since most women are not into cars and motorcycles and stuff like that the same way that guys are, I think guys really like it when there are women they can share the obsession with. I tend to think that any woman who is into the VX has got to be pretty cool. I stopped by to find the owner of one I keep seeing and it was a young lady and immediately she saw our twin VX's outside over my shoulder and this huge grin spread across her face and she was pretty cool. I see lots of women riding on cruiser-type motorcycles, hanging onto some guy, but I don't hardly EVER see a girl by herself riding her very own sportbike. Then one day recently I saw one in a jacket like the racers wear and tight jeans roll in, take off her helmet and get off of a GSX-R750, and for me at least, there's just something as sexy as can be about that. :-) I'm telling ya, I'm normally kinda reserved, but if I were single and that came along... LOL! You just do not see that much around here and it was great to see her marching to the beat of her own drum, ya know?

Leah, I see you're in Florida - cool! We'd love to have you at one of the meets, and my dream is to fly helicopters! And what's The Rabbit Project about? :-)

Vasha13, I did the same thing... got the thing and only then learned what I had. I did not know there even were 2000 or 2001 VehiCrosses until I found this forum a day or two after I brought the thing home. :-) All I knew is I'd seen one at a car show years ago and fell in love, and saw one rarely on the road and needed a drool bucket. I'd never seen anything but a black, white, or astral silver one before that either, so although I really like the Protons too, I never knew they existed until after the fact.

Nerfzooka - the sharpshooter thing is interesting enough, but you also had a '92 MR2? You're awesome. :-) Before the VX, that was the car I had to have but never did. I wanted a '92-'95 Turbo (after '91 they had dual airbags). That's a car some people will say is girly for reasons I don't quite get, because it's really an adolescent Ferrari. Never been much into the newer ones, though - the '91-'95 styling is my thing.

CoriVX
01/25/2004, 07:39 AM
I don't post here often, just look around, but I saw this and decided I would post cause yes I am a girl as well. I didn't really buy the VX it was a present from my dad , so what possessed him to buy it for me I am not quite sure, but I think it's pretty cool. ;Db; It's not really a guy-magnet. Well I shouldn't say that. As I am driving I get tons of stares mostly from guys, and all my guy friends are jealous that I drive a cooler car than them! ;pb; So I suppose that would count. As for the job, I am a full time college student. Just started this year, only in my second semester. That's about all! :cool:

yal^
01/25/2004, 03:14 PM
Hello Ladies...
...and Gents.
Since this old tread came back, I'll respond - yes, I am a girl too :)

I saw my VX at the dealer's, dropping by with my dad and his Ranger. It wasn't even certified or priced yet, and the sales guy had to tell me to back off 'cause I got a little pushy. Later on the dealer showed up at my work - I am playing waitress for the moment, until I finish college - right in the middle of Sunday breakfast rush. Bunch of people watched me negotiating in English and Polish, hyperventilating, and trying to wait tables at the same time. Then I almost fainted as we shook hands on it; I GOT IT!

It makes me as happy, as my husband is unhappy with it. Why? Because VX is what VX is. Not really a "babe magnet", but the strongest looking, finest little piece of machinery I've ever seen.
And I drive it! It suits me. We understand each other. A perfect mach, I would say.

Mtn VX
01/25/2004, 03:41 PM
What the heck, I'm a girl too. And the requisite answers:

1) I saw my first (and only) VX parked in Tennessee and knew I wanted it. I was driving a reliable Dodge Dakota at the time, though, so I knew I'd have to wait. Luckily enough circumstances changed and I was able to buy my VX. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw another VX in person - (hope I don't pee all over the Recaro seats!). I'll be keeping my eyes open for all of you :D

2) Don't know if it's a boy magnet - only had it for a month and a half. I do know that boys are the ones who break their necks trying to look at the VX, though!

3) Archaeologist working for the Eastern Band of Cherokee.

I love the VX. Strong lines, a mean disposition, perfect proportions, innovative design, powerful handling, and beautiful lines all contribute to my love of this machine.

Heraclid
01/25/2004, 07:00 PM
Cool! I was up there in October with my wife for a short vacation to celebrate our one year anniversary - got a few pics in my gallery. We didn't get out west of Asheville like we wanted to due to time constraints. Basically went up to Mt. Mitchell and back, checked out Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Chimney Rock, Biltmore Estate. Beautiful, beautiful country out that way. Next time we'll do the National Park, Oconaluftee, Unto These Hills, Maggie Valley... stuff out that way. And I always have to hitch a ride in a helicopter up around Pigeon Forge.

Spike
01/25/2004, 09:13 PM
As I was reading this thread... that new Chevy truck commercial came on.
The one with the 5 guys riding along in the truck, while the the guy in the center rear seat is singing along with Shana - 'I feel like a woman'
The rest of them move uncomfortably away from him...

Heraclid
01/26/2004, 03:24 PM
Yep, my brother-in-law sings along with that song whenever he hears it, but he has an excuse at least - he is autistic. I like Shania Twain a lot, but that sure isn't the one I blare. :-)

That new one with the Chevy vehicles going up onto the car carrier is cool with the new SSR at the end spinning and backing up onto it at speed. Reminded me of the way KITT backed off the trailer at speed and spun around and sped off on Knight Rider.

VXRaNgEr
01/27/2004, 08:30 AM
Shame there isn't a better girl-guy ratio, we could start a VX dating service:flower:

VCAMILO
01/27/2004, 08:57 AM
;Dr; My mom is never on the board so Im saying "HELLO!" for her. ;Db; and making her count.

WormGod
01/27/2004, 10:35 AM
Damn shame the girl that I have seen around this area with the Ebony doesnt pop up on here. Then again, a girl that looks THAT gorgeous HAS to have a man already. :(

Lori
01/27/2004, 12:06 PM
In 2002, I saw an classified ad in the Columbia SC paper for a 2000 “Vehicross.” It was in the SUV section, and I had wanted a “sit-up-high” vehicle, so I turned to the web to find out what the thing was. It was love at first sight!

The woman who sold me her VX bought it brand new in Charleston, SC. She was a 60ish older woman from Long Island whose family had started Castro convertible furniture. She had several automobiles, along with 36 little yappy Chihuahuas at her farm in Orangeburg, SC. I bought the truck from her in June 2002.

I love the curves and style of the VX. I like the two door feature, the cladding which give it a two-tone appearance (mine’s red mica) and the shiny big wheels. Most of all, I love the fact that in both cities that I’ve lived (Columbia SC and now Columbia, MO) I am the only VX in town!

I am highly entertained by the stares and attention that I get while driving my VX. In South Carolina, I called it my “dude magnet,” because it attracted a lot of attention from (rough-looking) males. I could go in grand detail about who liked what –some like the wheels, others the spare tire hump, etc… -- but I won’t.

At a stoplight once, a guy in his brand new “Element” was admiring my VX and I rolled down my window and said, “gee, you’re car’s almost half as cool as mine!” (And last week, my VX was mistaken for the new Porche Cayenne by my very gay hair stylist.)

I moved to Missouri in August 2003, after having lived in South Carolina for 18 years. Here in the Midwest, the attention I get is a bit more toned down, but I do still notice it. (And here I have to call my VX my “mullet magnet.” )

My line of work is higher education. I have been a professor of Statistics for 19 years. I have to stay current with computers and software, so that makes me a lifelong geek. (Hell, I remember the days of PDP1150s and punch cards!) I love all electronic gadgets and toys. When it’s warm, I ride long distance bike rides on a cool Trek bicycle made out of carbon fiber. I have a 14 year old Sheltie, a 9 year old dachshund, and a 7 year old cat. That’s about it for me…

(I have just re-read all that I have wrote here, realizing that it won’t be just us VX women who read this post. I think I’m still safe…) :bgwp:

Sue777
01/27/2004, 07:56 PM
Great to see so many females who love their VX's as much as I love mine. I was starting to worry about mysef - thought I was having a midlife crisis or something. I have never LOVED a vehicle in my entire life . . . until now. Back in September I knew it was time to buy a new vehicle.... my Mitzubishi was getting ready to retire. Couldn't find a darned thing that turned my head, but knew I wanted to NOT dread snow anymore (getting a lot in Connecticut lately) and I still wanted my vehicle to look sweet. NOTHING fit the bill, until I ran into a VX while scrolling through E-Bay. Had NO IDEA what a VX was, but KNEW I had to have one. After much reading and research, I was even MORE convinced that nothing but a VX would do. Found one only 3 hours away and went up there with check in hand. I KNEW I was not coming home without it.

What's the attraction? It's just SO DARNED SWEET to look at, and equally as fun to drive! I feel safe in it, I have fun in it, and I am always proud to walk up to it in a crowded parking lot. It's not a practical "family vehicle" and since my kids now have cars of their own, I don't NEED to be practical. This is basically a two-seater vehicle which is just fine with me.

I'm an Executive Assistant in the front office of a large company, and I just love the fact that while everyone was panicking today wondering if they'd make it to the office tomorrow with all this snow, I calmly and smugly was able to say "I know I'll be here."

She'll plow through and look darned sweet doing it, too!

(OK, so maybe it IS a midlife crisis - so what!)
Sue;Dy;

Apostle
01/27/2004, 08:20 PM
Sue,

if it is a midlife crisis, at least you know that youll be going down hill in style and kickin *****

dragonfly22design
02/22/2004, 08:14 AM
;py; Another spunky girl who loves her VX. I'm an artist and all my friends say they couldn't see me driving anything else. It fits me perfect and it's proton yellow so you can see me coming from 100 miles away. I love it because it's so rare around here and everyone is always gawking at it and asking me what it is. I'm here to tell the world about our kick *** VX's!!

Andrey
02/22/2004, 08:32 AM
Hi Ladies,

Just dropping by to say hi ! Keep on going and counting and adding to the great gang of fellow VXers !

Just two days ago I saw a girl driving Proton VX on Cambridge Street in Cambridge, MA I jumped out of my store and waived at her and asked to join vehicross.info so hopefully she will stop by here.

Best of luck to ya all !