PDA

View Full Version : There is one less VX in the world...

RalphDog
02/21/2004, 06:56 PM
On Thursday (2/19), my VX was pretty much totalled. I was trying to get on I-83 in York, PA when a Volvo struck me from behind and knocked me into the middle of the interstate, where a tractor trailor hit me. Pieces of cladding and glass went 100' down the highway.

Although I am devastated about my VX, I walked away without a scratch from an accident that should have killed me. My VX protected me like a champ!!!

Unbelievably, all the guy in the Volvo could say (after almost killing me) was, "I thought you were going to go"

I was just coming up on my one-year anniversary.:(

By the way, after it is declared totalled, which it will definitely be, it is in Red Lion, PA. If anyone needs parts, the interior (Blk/Grey) is still in great shape.

I don't know if I'll get another VX or not (I need another car quick), but I really loved this board. Everyone here was so knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks!!!

VX922
02/21/2004, 07:01 PM
Very glat to hear that you are OK! Sorry about the VX.

mrtew
02/21/2004, 07:54 PM
Wow! If my VX saved my life like that, I'd get three more of them! What else could you possibly drive after having a VX anyway?

Anita
02/21/2004, 07:56 PM
Ditto that...

I hope a nice VX that needs a good home, finds you!

Navigator
02/21/2004, 08:03 PM
...Sorry to here about your VX. You survived and that is most important. Good news is their are a few VX's available, so at least you could get another, so brush yourself off, cheer up, and get back in the saddle with another ASAP :luck:.

coachreed
02/21/2004, 08:11 PM
Good to hear you made it out without any problems... its too bad about your VX... but even as special as they are, IT can always be replaced...

Originally posted by RalphDog
..."I thought you were going to go"...

As for that idiots comment... I HATE PEOPLE becaue of stuff like that. People don't want to admit that they were stupid... all they can do is say stupid things like that.

Sorry for your loss, but good to see your still here. Get back into a VX if you can... you may be sorry if you don't. Good luck!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Heraclid
02/21/2004, 08:14 PM
Man, I feel so bad for you that I almost want to donate mine to ya. I hope you'll understand and forgive me when I say almost. :-)

Really glad you came out of this as well as you did! Sounds like your VX did a real stand-up job of protecting you. Imagine if you'd been in so many of the other things roaming the road. Have you got any pics of it after the accident? Not that I really want to see a destroyed VX, but obviously some things held up when you needed them to and it would be interesting in that respect.

There have been a few pretty nasty wrecks that VXers have survived without nearly the damage to themselves that you'd expect, and that's good to know, but I do hope none of us get to feeling we're invincible in these things, either. Be careful out there, folks.

johnnyapollo
02/21/2004, 09:16 PM
Gary put some pics of his accident up:

http://wormgod.8m.com/crunch.html

-- John

Heraclid
02/21/2004, 09:37 PM
Yep, saw those a while back. Amazing. And Sgt. Batguano's roll comes to mind right away as another particularly nasty one. I know they both had some injuries, but when you see the vehicles you expect worse.

NJVX
02/22/2004, 05:53 AM
Hey Ralphdog, glad to here you are ok. I saw the pics. Holy ****. I know of a 2001 for sale over here in NJ. Let me know if you want me to check into it for you. Its at a dealership. Demassi Pontiac. Rt. 23 south, Riverdale NJ. I don't have the phone #. The VX looks really clean. Good luck finding a new one....

Dean

Medman
02/22/2004, 08:49 AM
Ralphdog,

Sorry to hear about your VX, at least you came out of it unscathed! There's are more VX's out there to be bought if you're interested. When the business/insurance issues are settled, I might be interested in some of the interior parts like the steering wheel, center console arm rest, and the passenger door carbon fiber cladding. When your ready, get in touch. Thanks!!

-Medman

RalphDog
02/22/2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the nice words guys.

I'm already looking for another one, but a lot will depend on what the insurance company gives me. My wife and I just bought a house, so unless the insurance company gives me back a couple thousand more than I still owe (which is possible b/c I owe around 2-3k less than what NADA, Edmund's, and KBB says its worth). Of course I don't know how insurance cos decide those things. Fortunately, the guy that hit me has the same insurance co. as I do so it should simplify the process.

In terms of the way my VX looks, I don't think it's as bad as the others (I can't/don't know how to post the pictures or I would). It was more of what could have happened after I was knocked into the middle of the interstate. I was sitting horizontally in the middle of the road, and I just had to watch as the tractor trailer came and hit me, it was just so weird sitting there, knowing there was nothing I could do. To tell you the truth, the quick reactions of that truck driver (he hit his brakes and swerved to lessen the impact) saved my life...I know I am going to be a lot more forgiving and friendly to truckers in the future (I always used to think they caused the accidents).

Thanks again guys!!!:D

Nerfzooka
02/22/2004, 11:37 AM
Such a bittersweet story: the object of your love is destroyed protecting you. :waag: :waag: :waag:
Just like in that old disney film about the frontier boy who was saved from rabid wolves by his faithful yellow dog. :cryy:
What was the name..."Old Silver"??

mrtew
02/22/2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by RalphDog
[B]In terms of the way my VX looks, I don't think it's as bad as the others (I can't/don't know how to post the pictures or I would).B]

If you want to send a couple of pictures to me I will post them for you! mrtew@comcast.net

SGT.BATGUANO
02/22/2004, 05:05 PM
I hope you're doing well. Sorry to hear the VX was lost. Don't let the ins. co. lo-ball you. Do a lot of searching for comparable VX's and print out the info in case you need to send it to your rep. They will try to settle in THEIR favor because that's how they make a profit. Farmer's ins. uses a company (Certified Collateral Corp.) for their valuations that has come under scrutiny for their methods. I ended up getting just over $20 k for mine (including misc. expenses like title, taxes, etc.) in Dec of 2003. Had less than 7K mi. on it.

If I can be of any further help, let me know.