PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Dream Job - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Panther_Black_VX
02/20/2004, 06:56 AM
Hey people,
The show starts this Sunday,

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3160&highlight=ESPN

but I need to let you guys know that it is a NEGATIVE vote. So you vote who you want OFF the show. In short

DON'T VOTE FOR ME!

Unless you really want to. :(

So a vote for me would actually be a vote for someone else... :)

Thanks for all the support!

VX_PA
02/20/2004, 07:01 AM
I take it back then, won't vote for you. Again, GOOD LUCK MAN!!:thumbup:

BigJoe
02/20/2004, 07:16 AM
I won't vote for you either.......

Good Luck.

Anita
02/20/2004, 08:10 AM
We'll vote for someone else.... :naughty:

zzzyang
02/20/2004, 01:51 PM
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOG.........................

Anita
02/20/2004, 02:02 PM
I've been emailing everyone I know to watch the show and make sure that you come out on top.

Congratulations Chet and best of luck!!!!;Dr;

Heraclid
02/20/2004, 02:09 PM
I'd never vote for you in a million years. :-)

Dallas4u
02/20/2004, 03:44 PM
I will totally vote for someone I don't care about!!!

joesvx
02/21/2004, 06:22 PM
Good Luck.....

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/21/2004, 07:23 PM
Anybody that you don't like...so I know where to direct my
oh so negative vote???? We are all pulling for you!

Navigator
02/21/2004, 08:07 PM
...Looks like it's too late for re-programing the internet worm not to flood that site with votes in your favor :naughty: Oh well, either way given your choice of vehicle you should win based on style and originality :luck:

Close call... how did America vote down Chris Williams anyways JK :rotate: Best of Luck next week Chet :thumbup:

Beavertractors
02/22/2004, 07:23 PM
:) My Vote is in ;) --Good Luck Chet---

Heraclid
02/23/2004, 03:31 PM
Watched the episode last night, and while Chet wasn't in it so much because his group is not up yet, I have a pretty good feeling about this. Anytime I did see him on the screen, he radiated confidence and composure - didn't look the least bit worried and was just out there having fun. That's great, and you could tell a lot of the others were pretty rattled and Chet just struck me as unshakable. Granted it's just an initial impression without a whole lot to go on, but that's my perception so far. Looked cool as ice.

Chet, it crossed my mind that you were going to try to work in a VehiCross reference somewhere along the line, and all I'd say about that is to pick your moment wisely, because most people won't know what one is and it could backfire.

Oh yeah - how in the heck did Quigley survive the first show?! Geez.

BaM*BaM
02/23/2004, 04:22 PM
Man, it's a PAIN to vote for this thing. But I was glad to do it. The way it's set up, it's almost hard to NOT vote on Chet's picture. So vote carefully. DO NOT VOTE ON CHET"S PICTURE!!

ps
(I hear that the guy in the cowboy shirt drives only HUGE Cadillacs, and HATES VX's)

Panther_Black_VX
02/23/2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the support!

It was pretty cool being out there. Kind of surreal (Lavar Arrington joking with us during commercials, Stuart Scott hanging out with us after the show). It was a long day. They had us in the studio from 9am till showtime. I didn't get back to the hotel till 1am...
http://www.chetanekwe.com/Smiles/sleeping.gif
But my turn is next week. I will just go out and be myself. I'll take it one week at a time... .... Oh no... http://www.chetanekwe.com/Smiles/_freaked.gif I'm using sport cliches...

Anita
02/23/2004, 05:52 PM
sassy molassy... ;pr;

deermagnet
03/01/2004, 03:05 PM
Great job last night, Chet! I'm not able to watch the show live or vote 'cause I have to get up at 4:30 each Monday, but I taped it. You should definitely make the final four and I think you have a great chance to win it all. You're obviously very comfortable in front of the camera and it's just a matter of tweaking things each week to please those judges. Good luck!

Mark

Heraclid
03/01/2004, 03:34 PM
Damn.... grrrrr.... I wanted to see that and we have visitors from out of town and all and I missed it! Argh! <kicks self>
Is that going to re-air this week sometime? Geez.

Panther_Black_VX
03/01/2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by deermagnet
Great job last night, Chet! I'm not able to watch the show live or vote 'cause I have to get up at 4:30 each Monday, but I taped it. You should definitely make the final four and I think you have a great chance to win it all. You're obviously very comfortable in front of the camera and it's just a matter of tweaking things each week to please those judges. Good luck!

Mark

Thanks Mark! I will try to keep getting better each week and keep moving on!

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

BaM*BaM
03/01/2004, 08:49 PM
Here's a link to where one can register to enter, and then vote in the ESPN contest.

http://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/mazda3/index

Just fill in the 'register' stuff and then 'login'

Remember,... DO NOT VOTE ON CHET"S PICTURE!!
You vote only to REMOVE someone. We can enter a NEGATIVE vote only.

BaM*BaM
03/06/2004, 09:18 AM
Here's a link for anyone who wants to catch up to this weekend's show.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/dreamjob/index

Remember that Chet is our long time VX bro, who we all know better as Panther_Black_VX. Let's help him get this ESPN post!!

http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/GO%20TEAM.gif

ps... i also suggest that we vote Zach Selwyn OUT!! :thumbdn:
Feel the POWER!!!

Heraclid
03/11/2004, 08:24 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Chet and say great job and congrats on making the final 8!

Heraclid
03/14/2004, 08:45 PM
Chet, I watched Dream Job tonight, and I absolutely hated to see you go. I hope you will take something positive from the experience, and I think that you will. After all, you didn't get as far as you did by thinking it can't be done. Just remember how many people tried out for it, and you were in the final eight!!! That's pretty awesome! So keep your head up high and be proud of what you've done, as I know all of us are. Good job! And hey, who needs that Mazda anyway - you've got a VX! :-)

Anita
03/14/2004, 10:14 PM
Chet, it really miffed me that you were voted off. I know that you will make the most of the situation. So much more happens when the cameras are off. Work it...;Dr;

VCAMILO
03/14/2004, 10:43 PM
:( Sorry to see you go... :(

VXMAN
03/15/2004, 06:31 AM
Chet, sorry to see you get cut man. You were NOT one of the worst two. Kelly stinks. I don't know how he can still be around? But, hopefully you've made some good contacts and will take full advantage of everything good that has happened to you, over the last few months? You will go far Chet. Keep us posted on your next adventure, I'm sure it will be a good one!
Great Job Chet.:clap:

:D
Dave...

BTW, with the one's left, I beleive Aaron will win it now.

Navigator
03/15/2004, 07:05 AM
... That accomplishment in itself is a victory. The opportunity to vie for a major sports reporter job dosen't happen for everyone, so be proud you had what it took to make it that far. IMO you could have gone the distance too bad I wasn't a judge. :luck: You'll go far, I am sure their are news agencies scouting new prospects, so who knows where that national exposure might take you :D

Bantan
03/15/2004, 07:19 AM
Hey Bro,
In my book you the man for the job. Its their lost.
Stay Cool, at least you still got your Dream Ride.;Dy;

Panther_Black_VX
03/15/2004, 07:32 AM
Thanks my bretheren! It was a good run. I really appreicated the support! I would have been more pissed if they were giving away a VX... :)

Thanks for all the support!!!