PDA

View Full Version : Finnell's PowerVault Muffler...

jayfotos
02/19/2004, 07:08 PM
Anyone got'm?

You like?

Convince me to buy one!

Jay Dunford
02/19/2004, 07:14 PM
Every question you have asked so far has been asked numerous times. Use the search button to get all the info you want.

Heraclid
02/19/2004, 07:35 PM
It's not always obnoxious, but it can be a little obnoxious at times, although I'm still a supporter of it and after today even more so. Today it was different than ever before when I drove it. Typically it gets to sounding better after you've been driving a few minutes, but today the VX sounded and performed great just after start-up, with no dead spots under hard acceleration - very smooth and consistent power. Not like I wanted it to go - more like it wanted to go. What exactly I should attribute this performance to is a mystery, but the PV2 sounded just right and there wasn't too much or too little heard from it. They say they mellow with age.

A lot of this is just psychological. Honestly, there have been some times where I felt like I had lots of noise and not enough go (and sometimes ya lay off the gas a little so it won't be so loud, but it still makes the noise and you're going slower so that makes it look worse LOL), and while it didn't sound real ricey, I felt kinda ricey. What you have to do is just drive like you always did. It amplifies the sound of course, so when you're not really gasing it much it sounds like you are and you're sitting there thinking you oughta be going faster with all that noise. In reality, it sounds like you're giving it more gas than you really are, so give it more. It only SOUNDS like you're running it too hard. And it will sound better when you do.

jayfotos
02/19/2004, 08:19 PM
Jay-
Take a pill...I'm new here and trying to establish a repore with you locals. I've had my VX for a few years, not knowing about any of this stuff....I'm excited, like a kid in a candy store.

If you don't like my questions, don't answer them.

-Back to my tread-

That's what I'm scared of....I don't want it to sound like one of those Honda Accords with the crappy slip on noise makers.....more like a Mustang GT.

MZ-N10
02/19/2004, 08:24 PM
it sounds more like a stang or z28...lol
________
perfect tits Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

Heraclid
02/19/2004, 08:42 PM
He did have a point about the search feature - not jumping on your case about it, but there is a library of stuff on this already.

Anyway, hey, I had the jitters about welding it on there too, but I like it... it's definitely a real presence now and if you didn't see the VX before you'll not miss it now because it boldly announces itself. It gets better with time so you just have to get through the break-in period. Even at its worst, it's not what you're worrying about.

jayfotos
02/19/2004, 08:48 PM
Cool, thanks....I think that will be my first purchase, before the sc.

Thanks again.

Heraclid
02/19/2004, 09:03 PM
Worst that can happen is you don't like it and then you can just sell it to someone here who does. Might as well try it and see what you think.

jayfotos
02/19/2004, 11:27 PM
Just bought it from Tone!

Spy Hunter
02/20/2004, 12:08 AM
I've been thinking about this search stuff and agree that there are lots of common questions out there that can be answered by doing a search, but I think even the long-timers probably learn something new from the dialog that goes on during the answers. In short, I feel like we shouldn't discourage people from asking even the most common questions. You can always include links to the search. People asking silly questions keeps this place bumpin'! Just my 1.5 cents...

Jay Dunford
02/20/2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by jayfotos
Jay-
Take a pill...I'm new here and trying to establish a repore with you locals. I've had my VX for a few years, not knowing about any of this stuff....I'm excited, like a kid in a candy store.

Don't need a pill . . . but thanks! All I'm saying is that there is a wealth of info on this site and reading through all the older threads will answer a lot of your guestions and probably give you even more ideas on how to spend your hard earned money. I don't think there are too many of us here that have lost the excitement over the years of ownership.

Sheik-YurBooty
02/20/2004, 08:17 AM
best invention since the wheel! & my best purchace since the VX