PDA

View Full Version : Peeling Chrome rims...help!!

drdavidr4u
02/17/2004, 01:39 PM
I'm about to bring my 2001 VX into the dealer for warranty service before the bumper to bumper expires, passenger window crooked in track, headlights rubber gasket comming off...all the usual stuff.

But....I'm trying to get the Isuzu rep to look at my peeling chrome rims. They are peeling on the inside and it has not yet traveled to the out side.

ALL THOSE WHO HAD THEIR CHROME WHEELS REPLACE UNDER THE WARRANTY

WAS THE CHROME PEELING JUST ON THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE ALSO???

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCE/BATTLE FOR REPLACEMENTS

...I need to know this before I tey to get mine covered.

Thanks so much,
Dave

BBVX
02/17/2004, 01:44 PM
I had mine replaced without arguement, of course, I only had around 8500 miles on at the time.

The bubbling was on the insides only. If I remember correctly, The warranty on the rims is for 12000 miles, but I could be mistaken.

Good Luck,
Brian

AlaskaVX
02/17/2004, 01:51 PM
I had mine replaced at 50,000 but with a lot of grief and phone calls. See my old post "+100 cool points to Isuzu" If you need more. They were only peeling on the inside and it was REAL BAD!

Good luck :luck:
Alan

Anita
02/17/2004, 02:05 PM
Headlights..under warranty get new set (ask if you can keep the old)

Windows ... under warranty fix tracks and replace the regulator if necessary. (I think that there is now an official Isuzu fix for the window problem, provided the mechanics know what they are doing)

Replacing pitted rims are kind of a crap shoot-- depends on dealer but they certainly should do it if it is still under warranty.

Raque Thomas
02/17/2004, 03:40 PM
Dave,
Had mine replaced under warranty at around 19,000 miles. The dealer had to call the factory rep, but no haggling was required. I hadn't even noticed that mine were peeling until I read a post about it here. Mine were bubbling on the inside only.

Raque'

redline
02/17/2004, 05:01 PM
Hey Dave, Mine were pitting on the inside and I took them in at 11,800 miles per the 12,000.Isuzu also tried to get me to cover the remount to the new rims.Long story short I ended up with the peeling rims and the new rims.

AlaskaVX
02/17/2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by redline
Long story short I ended up with the peeling rims and the new rims.
Nice!
They made me pay to have my old tires mounted and balanced on the new rims. And as with anything I have had replaced under warranty the dealer takes the old stuff. And for the headlights, they glued the stripping back on and it came off 2 days later, I went back to the dealer and they gave me 2 brand new headlight assemblies!

Chopper
02/17/2004, 05:42 PM
My wheels were bubbled and peeling, in at least one spot on each wheel at the time I bought it (11mi.). They wouldn't cover it because it was the rear; AND I F'N WORKED THERE!! When the repair they did on the light moldings came off in a couple of days,I got them to give me the new ones. Using auto trim tape primer before sticking them I've no trouble since. They've fixed the right window twice now...and it is starting to lean a bit again. :smack: This time I'm fixin' this too. I've been calling around for triple platers to do the wheels now.(lots of guys plate... few do wheels) They win; I'll do it I'm sure I can do it better. ;puke:

TucsonVX
02/17/2004, 07:15 PM
I had the same wheel peeling problem with my 2001, local Isuzu rep here in Tucson said wheels are not covered after 30 days or 1000 miles. Called Isuzu hotline got the same rap from them also. It only on the inside where the brake dust falls. out side still look great.

SGT.BATGUANO
02/17/2004, 07:55 PM
Got mine replaced within the last 2 months. Peeling inside. Had to give 'em the old ones.