PDA

View Full Version : Model Differences

USS Enterprise
02/16/2004, 07:25 PM
Hi: I'm a newbie to this forum and have a newbie question. I'm considering buying a VX but first wanted to know if there is a significant difference between the 99, 00, and 01 models. I did see where the Tires increased in size and AC became standard but I don't see any other significant changes over the years. Am I correct or just a little green? Thanks!

Heraclid
02/16/2004, 08:19 PM
You pretty much summed it up. A/C is standard on any VehiCross... what changed from 99 to 00-01 was that Isuzu added a more sophisticated climate control system. Look in the gallery for some dash pics and you'll see the difference.

99's have 16-inch wheels, 00-01's get 18-inch wheels. The 18's have been known to pit and peel.

I believe 00-01 models may have a lengthened strap for when you fold the rear seats down.

Other than that, well... 99's came in astral silver, ebony black, and victory white. 00-01 added proton yellow, a darker kaiser silver, foxfire red, and dragon green mica. Different exterior colors come with different interior color options. With some you only get red/black, others grey/black, and some get a choice between the two.

Pretty much the only added options for any of the years were a roof rack and Ironman graphics package (victory white only). Everything else is standard, and you get some pretty cool standard equipment.

Oh, I saw somewhere that the 00-01 or maybe just 01 models switched over to Sony Xplod speakers too, but not real sure on that one.

Andrey
02/18/2004, 04:20 AM
also, I ve read somewhere on the net that displasment of engines are a hair notch different on '99 (being 3.498 L) vs. 00-01 (3.46 or so)

pros.. please chime in....

Eckstream
02/18/2004, 11:57 AM
As far as I kno only the 01 Ironmans had sony explode equipment..... I have a 00 and its got eclipse stuff.... Wont last long tho... Tax refund is going into a whole new setup!