PDA

View Full Version : Arizona VX Spring Show and Shine...off road...Dinner!

Triathlete
02/16/2004, 10:00 AM
All right here it is! The Arizona VX Show and Shine...Off Road...Dinner get together.
This one will unite the roadie and off road VXers for a fun day.
Its more of a spring event than a summer one. The temps should be nice plus the event elevation is a bit cooler.

Date APRIL 17
Place Oracle, Arizona
Event 18th Annual Oracle Spring Run Car Show and Automotive Parts & Products Swapmeet
Time 8:30 meet/sign up 9:30-3:00 car show
Cost to enter show is $20 before Apr.10 $25 after. This includes donuts in the morning and 2 meals. T shirts, dash plaques and goody bags to first 95 entrants!

So the plan is to shine em up show em then go get them dirty afterwards. Those that don't off road are welcome to get the off road experience from the passenger seat! Then we will do dinner!
Car show info (http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/0417oracleinfo.gif)
Car show registration form (http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/0417oraclereg.gif)

So, lets hear from EVERYONE who is going to attend. No excuses not to be there!

Participant list...
:cool!: Triathlete
:cool!: VXCAVER
:cool!: SpaceTruckin
:cool!: VCAMILO
:nuke: Anita
:nuke: Jayfoto
:nuke: Multimediaman
:nuke: VXTasy
:nuke: Bill Brown

( :cool!: =definate :nuke: =possible )

VXcaver
02/17/2004, 01:54 PM
Hmmm..... Since its in Oracle, afterwards we maybe could do the back road up to the summit of Mt. Lemmon, about 1 hour from Oracle on a well maintained dirt road for Great Apple Pie at the top.

Triathlete
02/17/2004, 09:53 PM
The last I checked the back road was still closed since the fire and was not to open any time soon. But there are several trails in that area and I'm sure that there is a good ol place to eat!

VXcaver
02/18/2004, 05:55 AM
I've been up that road a few times since the fires. Its been open for a while. I suggested it just because its a good dirt road for people who don't want to necessarily off-road, but it would leave a LONG ride home for people travelling north to Phoenix after that delicious pie... ;Db;

Triathlete
02/18/2004, 08:32 AM
I will leave the options open for the trail and eats. We can check it out closer to the date . There are some fun side trails out there also. So its a definate option.

Anita
02/18/2004, 10:48 AM
:nuke:

VX_PA
02/18/2004, 01:01 PM
Sorry guys, I will still be in PA in April. I should be able to make one in the fall. ;)

VXcaver
02/18/2004, 02:47 PM
Just to clarify - I'll show up and hang out with the gang. I'll bring the beer and SoBe (for Billy) I'll even help Anita shine up her fine black truck ;Db; but I won't be entering VXcaver in a car show! That would be too funny!

Anita
02/18/2004, 03:41 PM
oooooooo, I might take you up on that! ;Dr;

Triathlete
02/19/2004, 08:06 AM
Bob, I'll be needing to borrow your talent and buffer to help remove some "pinstriping" beforehand so i can give the VX a good coat of Zymol!;Dy; :naughty: Then you'll need some sunglasses to look at it, well at least till after the show when I get it all dirty again!:cool!:

Triathlete
02/23/2004, 08:19 AM
Allright, where is everyone else at? VCAMILO? Zu4Two? Wetmutt? Saint? ASUYeehaw? Multimediaman? usmcsiu? Synopsis? Sabres151? SpaceTruck'n? Charron Sin? And anyone else I forgot...

Anita
02/23/2004, 08:39 AM
Hey, any California VXers up for this? LisaK?

Triathlete
02/23/2004, 08:47 AM
Would be real cool to have the Cali contingent show up! :dance:
If you need any assistance with places to stay or anything else let me know!

Multimediaman
02/24/2004, 04:54 AM
Still in BABY limbo! I am sure my boys would love to do another show. Let's see what's go'in on in the next couple 'o' Months.

If the boys & I can get away we're in!

Triathlete
02/28/2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone else? This is a chance for all you "road" guys to show us your goods!

Charon_Sin
03/01/2004, 08:46 AM
I am going to need a lot of wax and elbow grease to get the pinstripes out of my paint.

Triathlete
03/01/2004, 09:43 AM
Me too...I'll take that as a yes!;Dy;
Its a small show so I don't think we'll have to be perfect. I just think people will get a kick out of seeing the VX's plus it gives us a chance to get together. Don't worry...we will go try to re-pinstripe it after!;eeky;

jayfotos
03/03/2004, 10:41 AM
This might sound bumb.....where the heck is Oracle? I've been in AZ.(Phx) for about 8 years and never heard of it....nutty.:rolleyes:

VXcaver
03/03/2004, 06:17 PM
Jay- Oracle is 35 miles or so north of Tucson. From Phoenix I think you take the 60 and then south on 89 through Florence. I think its just under two hours from Phoenix.

jayfotos
03/03/2004, 07:32 PM
What's so cool about it?...That's almost in Mexico.

Triathlete
03/04/2004, 08:34 AM
Its further away from Mexico than Tucson. It is a lot cooler there due to the altitude being a bit higher. It is on the edge of the Catalina mountains. It also has some great trails near by.
Here is a map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=search&countryid=250&addtohistory=&country=US&address=&city=oracle&state=az&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map) .

Triathlete
03/06/2004, 07:36 PM
SpaceTruckn will be there so we can check out all his mods he has created!:thumbup:

Triathlete
03/07/2004, 06:09 PM
Sent in my entry form today...so now I'm official and there is no turning back!;Dy;

VCAMILO
03/08/2004, 10:21 AM
You know Im in! Im marking that one on my calendar.

Triathlete
03/08/2004, 12:07 PM
Cool, good to hear Victor. Now to get the rest of the Phoenix area VXers to caravan down with you! We know theres a lot up there!;Dy;

Triathlete
03/15/2004, 09:22 AM
Well going to work on the Az pinstripes the weekend after next! Anyone else send in their entry form yet? Any more VXers up to joining us? Come on. All you guys that kept saying we only had off road trips and you didn't want to go off road....here is your chance! Lets hear from you!;Dy;

Triathlete
03/27/2004, 04:04 PM
Lets start hearing from everyone who is going to be there! I know there is a LOT more of you out there. Who else has sent in their show entry forms? I don't want to be sitting out there all by myself!:naughty:

VXtasy
03/29/2004, 06:49 AM
Hello all... I am a VX nubee (Since 10/03) and only know Tone so far. I am proudly housing my VX in Round Rock,TX and met Tone via his website and through the purchase of some mods. He turned me on to this site so I am going to make every effort to make this Arizona meet! I look forward to meeting all!!

Triathlete
03/29/2004, 08:42 AM
VXtasy...that would be cool. If I can be of any assistance let me know.

Bill Brown
03/29/2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Hey, any California VXers up for this? LisaK?
I've been considering this meet. It's a 746.2-mile drive, 1-way, from Clovis, CA. Still giving the idea some thought.

VXcaver
03/29/2004, 03:35 PM
For anyone considering coming from FAR away, there's a nice campground about 10 miles from Oracle. It's called Peppersauce Campground, and it's decent for tent camping, etc. 8 bucks a night, I think. Wooded, shady, all that good stuff you want in the desert. I'm thinking of staying over there, and if enough are interested we can check into their group site ($35 per night.) Any interest, let me know and I'll make some inquiries.

VCAMILO
03/29/2004, 04:39 PM
HEY!!! VXtasy and Bill Brown if you guys have the time that would be cool. ;Dy; I live in S. Phoenix and will be driving that the show that morning. Its about a 90 minute drive from my apt. We always have a good time off-roading in AZ. Hope you guys are also interested in some off-roading. ;Db; If you take a look @ my sigmature photo; thats VXcaver's and Triathlete's Vx's in front of mine. We all get along!

Triathlete
03/30/2004, 08:13 AM
Wow, that would be cool to meet some out of state VXers. If you need any help with recomendations for good eats, lodging (cheap to 5-star) or anything else let me know. And even if you guys don't like taking your VX's off road we all have extra seats that your welcome to fill for our little excursion after the show!

Triathlete
04/04/2004, 04:02 PM
Okay, with only 2 weeks to go its time to start getting those VX,s ready to show! Bob (VXCAVER) swung by today with the buffer. I gave the VX a quick bath. Bob broke out the buffer and buffed away the "Arizona pinstripes". Some were pretty big but Bob spun them out. Another quick bath and then came out the Zymol. First time using this (everyone that knows me knows my VX doesn't get washed much let alone waxed;eeky; :cryy: :deady: ) and I was thoroughly impressed. Bob will hopefully post the "before" pics of the scatches. Here are some pics of the after waxed VX. You can practically read the label in the shine. And thats with just 1 coat. Everyone says it gets deeper with multiple coats. She will be looking good come show time!!!!:naughty: :cool!:
Any more confirmations???????

The after wax pics...
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/002/48/92/59/46/HWh6ATW9urKWZF+FZqpMglMbHhpl7PJd0300.jpg
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/00E/1B/AB/7C/DC/LllsWH97D0Zr7nHqe+LAsfMkCPSxzAHS0300.jpg
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/005/5A/0F/35/A9/QYRVOv8xwZX9mRneVTy-PZ0vwucoVlHP0300.jpg
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00E/27/D2/47/86/nCesPbH4pN13dA6uE0O9BYf7LcIn15pm0300.jpg
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/002/52/54/33/FD/JSkcuTvprhSCqdnAig4-aqC3Aa-uva1l0300.jpg

Triathlete
04/05/2004, 11:58 AM
For those considering doing the show the $20 fee goes up to $25 on Apr.10.

Bill Brown
04/05/2004, 01:03 PM
Pressure, pressure. Took today off and spent my time engaged in sadistic self-torture. :madr2: However, I finished my taxes. The State of California took me to the cleaners. Still unsure about driving out to Arizona. Will have to see how some work related things pan out.

Anita
04/05/2004, 03:08 PM
I am still planning on going. Only problem would be if my photo shoot has to move from this Saturday to the next. Oh, and guys, I will probably need names of hotel/motels in the area.

For the car show, did you enter your VX's in the truck or the sports car category?? ;Db; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dr; ;Dy;

:cool!:

VCAMILO
04/05/2004, 05:22 PM
I gave my VX a Dawn bath and rewaxed it with Zaino. :rolleyes: I dont think I liked it. Its clear and all but from what I remember I think that The Zymol worked better on the pinstripes. ;eekr; Just my 2cnts

Triathlete
04/05/2004, 11:05 PM
I entered mine in the off-road catagory. Would be cool to see you here Anita! What level of hotel are you looking for? 5 star? Motel 6? Something in between. The cheapest I've seen advertised is under $40 a night. And then theres the El Conquestador and a few other 5 star resorts.

Bill Brown
04/10/2004, 01:16 PM
Anyone familiar with the Chalet Village Motel in Oracle?
http://www.siboliban.org/bio2/images/chalet.jpg

Triathlete
04/10/2004, 01:34 PM
Nope, but I can probably get you some info if you need. The town is pretty small so it will be close!

Triathlete
04/10/2004, 01:37 PM
7 days and counting. Would like to get a final count of everyone who will be there so we know who to look out for and don't leave anyone behind!
The weather is looking to be in the mid to upper 80's!

Triathlete
04/12/2004, 12:15 PM
5 DAYS!!!!! :thumbup:
Since the info is fairly vague as far as where the check in point is I emailed the event to get a better idea of where it is at. As soon as I hear back I will post it.
Got the cladding done this weekend along with another coat of wax! Did the interior except the seats. Friday will be the seats, engine and suspension cleaning and the final wash and wax! This is way to much work! But oh well...can't wait to get it dirty afterwards!;Dy;

azskyrider
04/12/2004, 12:35 PM
Not to undermind Triathlete efforts but just to inform everyone that in Scottsdale Arizona there is a Car show that is free of charge and held every Saturday at a 1950's inspired McDonalds. It is a big car show that brings all sorts of crowds and vehicles. From classics, exotics, to custom Rice rockets and Rockcrawlers. There is no registration, all are welcome to display their vehicle and they play 50's tunes. Being in Scottsdale/Phoenix area it is in close proximity to all fancy hotels and nightlife.:D The new mustang was debuted there before it made it to the showroom as well as the Prowler. I have been going there every Saturday for 10 years and each time there is always different cars and motorcycles. The Corvette club is always there and the other Saturday the FST trophy truck (http://www.fly-n-hi.com/fst.htm) was on hand for people to sit in. The owner was very nice answering questions. Last Saturday the new Cadillac Sports car based off the vette was there. The owner said he was the first in arizona to receive one. Enough rambling....

Cheers,

PS. The only rule is that you park your vehicle in the right area for your vehicle I.E. classics in the location labeled classics, trucks in the location labeled trucks etc... and NO for sale signs. Thats it!

Triathlete
04/12/2004, 12:44 PM
We attempted to attend that show about a year ago. A past VX owner knows the person who puts that on and was going to try and get 8-10 reserved spots so that all the VX's could be displayed together. Long story short...it fell through.
This is just a chance for all the VXers to get together. In the past many have wanted to get together but complained that all our outings were off road. So here is their chance.:cool!:
So, come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VCAMILO
04/12/2004, 03:03 PM
I got my PV muffler installed an hour ago. BROOM BRROM BRROM!
But I will have to get used to it. ;Db; Im glad for my sound system. With all the speakers and Dynamte arund I could barely hear it inside...

Vic

VXcaver
04/12/2004, 05:04 PM
Bill Brown, Anita ...

I'm not familiar with the Chalet Village Motel but its right on the road as you drive into Oracle. Its kinds small and funky wierd looking (as you can see from the photos!) I'll be happy to place a call to them if it helps... with the car show they might be booked. If its full, Tucson hotels are about 20-30 miles from Oracle. If I can help let me know!

Triathlete
04/12/2004, 10:50 PM
All right! Here is the response I got for getting to registration:

"Hi Billy, if you are coming from the west, you will turn into Oracle and drive about a city block. On the left is OK and on the right will be a white enclosed trailer where the girls at registration will be set up. You will pick up your goody bag, T-shirt etc and park in the middle of the street. At 9:30 the cars will then proceed about a mile and 1/2 to St. Helen's Church where the road is closed for the cars to park on either side of the street. At the registration area Casa Rivera's Mexican Rest. is offering a delicious breakfast burro at reg price and the 2nd 1/2 price if you come hungry. I hope this answers your questions. See you Saturday. Margaret"

Its a small town so I am assuming she is talking about the main road into town.

Bill Brown
04/13/2004, 07:02 AM
I won't know if I'll be able to take off Friday, until Thursday. It's about a 12-hour drive.

Triathlete
04/13/2004, 08:39 AM
We will keep our fingers crossed for ya Bill!:luck:

Triathlete
04/14/2004, 08:52 AM
3 mo dayz!!!! http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/images/smiles/moon.gif

VCAMILO
04/14/2004, 11:42 AM
Im installing my springs and flipping my ball joints today. Then my new tires tomorrow morning!! ARG! I dont want to wash the beast again! :mad: how about a dirty vx in the show! ;eeky; Any last minute "YES YES YES YES??" We need all the VX's we can get!

Triathlete
04/14/2004, 01:30 PM
Victor, don't forget to get the front end aligned soon after tweaking the torsion bars and flipping your ball joints. Don't want you to wear out those new tires!

Anita
04/14/2004, 01:49 PM
Okay, it ends up that I wont be able to go. Ive been waiting for word on whether I would be working Saturday or not. Today the plans finalized.. it's a no-go for me. :nor:

Have fun and take lots of pics!!

Triathlete
04/15/2004, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear you can't make it Anita. Was looking forward to meeting you. Dreaded work!:goof:
I'm glad I get to retire in 5 years 20 days...but who's counting!

VCAMILO
04/15/2004, 09:24 AM
5 yrs and 20 days!!! ;eekb; I have about 20 yrs left on mine! Well atleast I have met Anita before. ( back in the day on a rainy LA meet) Sorry you cant make it Anita. They are doing the alignment when I get the tires put in.

So, who is showing up besides Caver, Tri and me!!!??? Bill Brown?????? Wow! 12 hrs... By the way do I really have to wash my car? Its dusty dirty and I dont have time to wash it.

azskyrider
04/15/2004, 11:13 AM
I think Billy's VX is up for sale. Maybe he might make his last VX show ride before he says good bye.

PHX VX for sale (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=160856256&dealer_id=&car_year=1999&make=ISU&distance=300&max_price=&model=VEHICROSS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2005&min_price=&certified=n&address=85258&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1984&color=&cardist=14)

VXcaver
04/15/2004, 01:26 PM
Its the wrong Billy! But that's a pretty cool VX with all those red accents. Like that lisence plate too.

Victor: You gotta wash your VX, bro. Billy has been polishing and waxing his so much it's gonna look like a blob of black mercury by saturday!

azskyrider
04/15/2004, 02:05 PM
I think your right... This is the same Billy who posted his for sale about two weeks ago on this board. People stated that it was high on the asking price. It does look nice.:D

Triathlete
04/15/2004, 10:45 PM
Victor: You gotta wash your VX, bro. Billy has been polishing and waxing his so much
Thats right...better bring your sunglasses!;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky;

dogue
04/16/2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
We attempted to attend that show about a year ago. A past VX owner knows the person who puts that on and was going to try and get 8-10 reserved spots so that all the VX's could be displayed together. Long story short...it fell through.

That was me that dropped the ball on the Pavilions car show. I appologize I have been extremely busy lately (the last year or so) and have not had a chance to make the call. I will call and try to arrange something for the fall if you guys want reserved parking or if you want we can just pick a weekend and as long as you show up early we should be able to come up with 8 spots. Reserved spots are hard to come by, but I can see what I can do if enough people are interested.

azskyrider
04/16/2004, 07:53 AM
everytime I have gone we just parked where we could. Since Scottsdale has a lot of surrounding attractions and restaurants I am sure people can get there early and park where there are spaces and walk over to some restaurant while we wait for the crowd to come in. I would love to see more VX up here :D

P.S. I am VX less but I will be at the Pavillions this Saturday since it is closer to me. Take lots of pics TRI!!!!

Triathlete
04/16/2004, 10:46 AM
Will be arriving in Oracle about 8:30ish tommorrow. Gotta go put the finishing touch's on the VX today.

Good to hear from you again Terry. What Ferrari did you end up getting? To bad you couldn't make a high speed run down to the show tommorrow. Would be good to see you again.

Bill Brown
04/16/2004, 11:31 AM
Well, too much to do to take off to drive to Oracle, today. Ya'll do us proud at the auto show.

dogue
04/16/2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Triathlete
Good to hear from you again Terry. What Ferrari did you end up getting? To bad you couldn't make a high speed run down to the show tommorrow. Would be good to see you again.

I bought a beautiful 1982 308 GTSi Silver with black interior. It is a european car so it looks sleeker and is about 300lbs lighter and has about 15 more HP.

I would love to make it down there, but I am going on a rally that leaves Phoenix at 6:30am and we are headed to Flagstaff over night. I hope to be able to catch up with you guys the next time you have a VX event that is also Ferrari friendly. Or if the offer for a ride on your next off road trip is still available, Maybe I could do that. I do miss the VX, but for the same payment I am enjoying a car I have dreamt about since I was 11. Someday I will have both.

Terry

Triathlete
04/16/2004, 09:02 PM
There is a seat always available for you Terry. Good luck with your rally!

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 07:53 PM
Well, the turn out was far from what I expected. None of the road guys showed!:mad: Only show ups were Me, VCAMILO, and VXCaver. The old faithfull 3! But , it was their loss. We had a good time checking out all the tricked out vehicles (over 200) in a nice, layed back setting.
Can you believe I got beaten out in the off road category by a rail dune buggy and a heep that had dents the size of my door and 3inches of grease on the suspention (it was a nice "trail" vehicle though). The funny thing was he got made fun of by his club buddies because he blew out a U joint during the parade of vehicles going to the show spot (traveling at about 5--10 mph on pavement). HaHaHa;Dy; .
So here are the pics of mine and VCAMILO's "show" rides (VXCaver was only spectating) and some of the competition!

Lining up for the vehicle parade
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/007/3C/63/43/2F/-hwE904i4igLMGZOdSSv053sqzkr8N460300.jpg
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/003/41/B8/72/95/ZoICoX1w4k5rRzhDkxUVef5T4Oln1PtI0300.jpg

A sweet 'Stang with a BIG engine
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/009/07/AF/BF/54/kUGAz42MesHCFFVRVwm-RXOwcHGts6kH0300.jpg

http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00B/22/7A/1C/6E/7FPhYzPc3G7+VDBOfVWJ2mXlz0XAEPyB0300.jpg

Bill Brown
04/17/2004, 07:59 PM
The black VX definitely looks best in the photos you've posted.

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 07:59 PM
Gullwings...but not doors!
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/004/0A/8C/CE/15/YmqUwdUpm7T6vz0HaUgxc86AgYQugQDk0300.jpg

http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00D/0C/A3/F5/06/hJfoKEB7fbbmhW4DK6cM5H6Z2al1rLLO0300.jpg

My VX on the left and Victors on the right (sporting his new lift and tires). Yeah, thats Vic in the orange shades.:cool!:
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/006/4E/E1/A6/6B/ZI8fJumVmuFt4an8qB8Wk-Fvl6hQUp720300.jpg
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00C/6A/08/19/9A/W3QynMn1-HGPBlUVpRInXGSnzGxYgnf10300.jpg

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 08:04 PM
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00D/46/40/5C/A2/sryXbCecc2Iju19VxbF+2IsxA+SE1nMn0300.jpg
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/009/4E/90/CD/59/9BPLilNvlcx3ymnH7zv4ZvIhe-tZRofq0300.jpg

Reflections
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00E/05/10/93/76/hqfEyv0UbJiutYJ7LoYr82aq310REhly0300.jpg

The reflected...
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/009/75/62/6C/74/ttfM+moPeVLbbLMVRL6FOlw5jfwfjC2A0300.jpg

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 08:08 PM
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/002/5C/63/7B/D7/Fo1ei2JiVr6SNZ6Hdfnao2dF8xzjkr8d0300.jpg

Can you believe we didn't get "best of show"?
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00E/34/74/BA/09/FEcejKAphVrE9riUp5632tew6ZhT7UHJ0300.jpg

http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/009/20/53/65/49/nqy1qiC4Qas7MZSybFPufsTL6U2jbkmt0300.jpg
http://pstr-g01.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/00F/2D/7D/07/1A/LTseLHdfUKhLmzQrsIX7mgpUP0Q4zTUu0300.jpg

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, thats the white jeep that beat me!:mad: ;eeky; ;Dy;
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00A/3D/D3/C2/15/JgM9cMhpPymGdLaf6khh2OiQc+YFMlFg0300.jpg

Simply beautifull!!!;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy;
http://pstr-g02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00C/74/2A/10/D0/RPHl4vhHbCMWhRWPlrNsVmYhlb7rS6cG0300.jpg

Triathlete
04/17/2004, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, the after show off road trip basically got canceled. VXCaver had to go caving and Victor had a longish drive back to Phoenix. I did however go scout out some trail heads and needless to say my VX is no longer all shiny!:waag: :thumbup:

azskyrider
04/17/2004, 09:08 PM
Ver cool pics and rides! Thanks for sharing with us for those that did not make it. To be honest the whole day since I woke up I was thinking about the show in oracle and how I was missing out.

I did see a Silver VX at Kierland today. Hopefully they will get the website info I left as it was really windy.

Thanks for the PICS!

VCAMILO
04/18/2004, 11:31 AM
Here the the link to my pictures... click here (http://www.12puertoricaninches.com/oracle.htm) Yup Yup! The old faithful 3 ;Dp; Thanks Billy I had a good time. But I did get a sun burn from the Arizona sun. ;eeky;

Triathlete
04/18/2004, 12:32 PM
This car (a 1922 ford) had a sticker on the dash that read..."roof must be retracted at speeds above 120mph". The radiator cap also squirted water out!
http://66.135.165.164:81/images/oracle/DSC00230.jpg ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy;

azskyrider
04/18/2004, 12:56 PM
Don't let the looks fool you. That little bottle in the back looks like a Fire extinguisher but I bet it is really NOS;)