PDA

View Full Version : Bits and pieces...ideas for convience stuff..

Maverick
02/16/2004, 05:46 AM
i made a few minutes the other day to take a walk through "pick and pull" salvage yard, screw driver in hand... I didnt expect to find any VX's in there, and didnt , but i did find some odds and ends that might be usefull.
i happened upon an impulse turbo, what a nice car that must of been..any how,i think it was a later model, maybe a 88 or so..had the same dome light thats in our vx.. i pulled it and thatll go in the rear cargo area..
i also pulled a set of door courtesy lights from it, with the little red safety lens , i havent decided if ill mount them to the vx or not, but i found them "neat" . and since my vx has no lighting other then the dome and map lights, i was think it migh be a nice easy upgrade...
i pulled a factory clock, just to play with, but im thinking it might look nice in the shift console, or wire cover..the casing pretty large, but the actual electronics are fairly small...so well see what comes of that...
and i yanked a factory cig lighter assembly(in the impulse's door arm rest), that ill probably use for a spare 12v outlet in the rear cargo area, had a nice round trim bezel that should make for a factory looking install pretty much anywhere theres room...

i pulled a tail gate switch out of an old mitsu truck, the illumination seems to be orange (i wanted green, i like green)
but im thinking i may be able to do something with that when i get tones door popper, itll fit in the armrest console with just a bit of trimming..

anyhow, ive got some toys to think about, i may use them all, or none at all but for $15 total, i may have some quick and easy upgrades that look factory installed... and the browsing gave me some other ideas im brewing for later on... it was fun!! :D

VX922
02/16/2004, 07:36 AM
I like your way of thinking

Chopper
02/17/2004, 05:16 PM
Love a boneyard story...... specially one with a creative ending.