PDA

View Full Version : Rearview mirror w/LCD display

Heraclid
02/15/2004, 05:49 PM
Anyone got a rearview mirror setup with the LCD display built-in? I want to do this - anyone got it, and if so, how do you like it? JollyRoger, I think it was you that won that Automan off eBay a while back - ever get it installed?

J La
02/15/2004, 10:12 PM
I just purchased a 2000 VX that does have the rear camera and LCD rear view mirror. I absolutely love the idea, and it is great to just look up to see behind me. My problem is that is has a 5" monitor, and I am some what tall at 6'-2". So this unit takes up a large viewing area out the center of the front window for me. So I will sometime be changing it out for a in-dash monitor. But I think if you aren't as tall, they are absolutely wonderful to have in the mirror. Just my opinion!

MZ-N10
02/16/2004, 12:29 AM
wait wait wait....5" display on the rear view mirror?....i wanna see a picture of tat bad boy
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Tone
02/16/2004, 06:14 AM
I have 4” LCD display in my rear view mirror that also inlcudes a TV tuner and auto activation of the rear view camera. It is great but I just got a new 7” indash screen that does all that and more so I need to let it go - $275 for mirror, tv tuner with remote, and rear view camera. I also offer 2.5” and 4” LCD mirrors on my site.

J La
02/16/2004, 11:26 AM
Yea this thing is big for sure! Nice thing though, it serves as a 3rd (and larger) visor for the middle of the windshield. :D

Tone: I actually had looked at your site and I didn't see any monitors smaller that the 4.2" Can you give me a price on a 2.5" and some rough dimensions? Thanks

Heraclid
02/16/2004, 02:28 PM
I'm looking at the Automan mirror w/camera with integrated digital compass, temperature, and distance to what's behind you. Only thing is it is a bit pricey.

Know what ya mean about the mirror getting in the way... I'm the same height and just the stock mirror gets in the way sometimes.