PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Isuzu Off Road Spring Run (Indiana)

FIEND
02/09/2004, 02:52 PM
Here's the scoop....

April 24th 2004
Badlands ORV park Attica Indiana
9:30am behind sign in building

If anyone one wants to camp over there is a campground there now:dance: .There is a hotel down the street as well.

I am not sure if anyone will want to make a 2 day run out of it but if you do I can always try and make it for 2 days....no promises.I may be a little worn out from the camping:jump:

Yes
FIEND
Yal^
OmegaVX
Crager34
AnalogVX
NocturnalVX
NC_VX
joesVX
doubleadesign

Maybe
Sgt.Batguano

Lot of maybe's!!:goof:

crager34
02/09/2004, 03:38 PM
:thumbup:

I am soooo sorry that I won't be making the Moab trip. Just a bit to far and early in the job to leave for that. Yes, I know it's in May, but......

I will keep my eye on this one.

AnalogVX
02/09/2004, 03:40 PM
As of right now...I can make this. Don't expect a lift or any other mods yet, but I'll be there.

FIEND
02/09/2004, 04:40 PM
NO LIFT!!!!!!!Oh well I was thinking of buying a new tow strap anyway...LMAO!!!!

I hope to see both of you and my other 2 VX compadres!!!
Looks like Sean is out,he has finals and then graduation.I'm going to see if I can drum up some more over on the Wire.

SGT.BATGUANO
02/09/2004, 04:48 PM
A definite "maybe".

yal^
02/10/2004, 02:01 PM
Yes, I am making plans for it. I will order my tie rod shields hopefully this week. And maybe some other things...
It will be hard, but I will be there.

k.

nocturnalVX
02/10/2004, 10:36 PM
You guys actually set up a meet where I don't have to take off work!?! :clap:
Now I know this schedule change at work is going to go through! :rolly:

FIEND
02/11/2004, 01:45 PM
I did it for you man....I did it all for you!!!!!!

joesvx
02/13/2004, 01:03 AM
I am pretty sure I am in....

FIEND
02/13/2004, 01:44 PM
This could possibly be the most VX's ever at one get together at the Badlands(that I have been apart of).How nice it is to see so many people coming out to play with FIEND!!!!

I guess you can come out and wheel too but first I bought some new toys........:rolleyes:

Just kidding...it'll be nice to have some new people there.

omegavx
02/13/2004, 01:49 PM
More then likly I'll be at this meet. It doesn't look good for me and moab this year. I was really wanting to go, but I have some work that is scheduled for the whole months of april and may.

Gonna try and get my cladding line-x done by this meet if at all possible.

yal^
02/13/2004, 08:46 PM
Bring your sis with you, Omega :)

It would be nice to see her again...

omegavx
02/13/2004, 11:26 PM
I'll see if she can make it. I asked her which color she liked the most and she liked your proton alot. She thought it was the easiest to see and be seen in at night :)

yal^
02/14/2004, 01:22 PM
She probably didn't tell you that, but we girls like "loud" colors. At least I love my yellow for the attention it gets, maybe even more than other colors on VX's.
Bring her with, if she can come, please.

I have to tell you something - I really want to see your Green Dragon in sunlight. I couldn’t tell that night in Schaumburg, and 'till I just looked at you avatar, I thought it was black. :confused: (shame on me!!!)

crager34
02/16/2004, 10:11 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear.. I am in for sure (unless I can't go of course)

FIEND
02/16/2004, 01:35 PM
I'll put you down as yes....unless that's a maybe...LMAO!!!

FIEND
02/17/2004, 02:46 PM
Just to let everyone know there are now 2 or 3 rigs from the Wire coming as well

omegavx
02/17/2004, 08:10 PM
ok, what should we bring? Its gonna be my first time offroading so I need to make sure and bring everything. A list of items please!!!

nocturnalVX
02/18/2004, 06:47 AM
CB radio, a tow strap & shackle, and a full size spare. That's pretty much it as we aren't doing anything extreme. The CB is most important. You need to be able to communicate (read: call for help!!!). Plus, it's fun listening to the comments thrown around by the other guys & gals! You can get away with not having a tow strap, because most everyone else has one, but only forget the full size spare if you want to gamble that you won't get a flat. I didn't bring one last time, but the store at the Badlands park carries Pro Comps. :goof:

NC_VX
02/18/2004, 12:34 PM
FOR SURE IN.... I am so pissed I missed the Foxwoods cause Valentines was a sham....

Lets rock and roll..

joesvx
02/18/2004, 01:50 PM
Ok I am for sure in......:D ;Db; ;Db; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dr; ;Dy;

FIEND
02/18/2004, 02:18 PM
A nice selection of hand tools isn't a bad idea either.Like Gill said though we don't do any hardcore wheelin so breakage is only do to your own stupidity(read as MY stupidity)..LOL.For the most part the list above is good.A CB is probably most important so we can all comunicate.I say this and mine hasn't worked for the past 4 runs...LOL.Shaping up to be a fun day with lots of people....I love it when a plan come together,

On a side note the new parts have started rolling in,I just got my first shipment today.

yal^
02/18/2004, 04:12 PM
Any ideas how do I pack full size spare without cargo basket?

I was considering buying roof rack and the rest, but I run into a very interesting problem: how in the world would I take the tire off my roof, when I can't even reach on top of VX? Not to mention that pulling around 60 lbs down and not damaging the paint seems virtually impossible... :confused:

Help?
k.

AlaskaVX
02/18/2004, 04:20 PM
yal, wrap it up in blankets and set it in the back, pack it with blankets as to make the tire "unmovable". Just an idea

FIEND
02/18/2004, 05:52 PM
That sounds like a pretty good idea kiddo.Pack it up in blankets.I really can't see yo luggin a tire off your roof....LOL.You VXers usually run with your seats down anyway so it's not like it'll hinder you.Give it a shot....couldn't hurt

yal^
02/19/2004, 12:56 PM
Thx Alaska, I'll look into it. I guess I could see about some sort of harness on top of that. Hmmm...

Yup FIEND, I wouldn't be able to get it off the basket... LOL
Although who knows - Christmas time I managed to throw 7' tree on top of my VX and strap it so well it didn't even move while on a highway, doing 80 mph against the wind. But then I was really, really mad at so called "help" that ignored me for good fifteen minutes, chatting away by the heater...

AnalogVX
02/19/2004, 03:08 PM
I fold up the rear seats and use ratcheting straps to hold the tire in rear cargo. Attach the straps to the 4 hooks in the floor criss-cross.

FIEND
02/19/2004, 03:24 PM
I wondered if you guys had those strap tie downs

FIEND
02/24/2004, 01:09 PM
BTT

doubleadesign
02/28/2004, 04:41 PM
I've never been to a meet, let alone an offroad meet. i'll see if i can swing it. i hope someone can show me the ropes. maybe the eq. of a bunny hill or something. this is my only vehicle and i need it to get me home and not need a repair shop.

yal^
02/28/2004, 06:08 PM
John broke his arm. He says it doesn't look too good, but should be up and running before meet...

Now, doubleadesign - as far as I know, most of us uses VX's as daily drivers. No second car for replacement, so pack your stuff and come out with us. It's scary only for a minute, and then it doesn't hurt anymore ;)
Just think of that smile on your face after your first obstacle... ;Db;

nocturnalVX
02/29/2004, 03:14 AM
Yal's right. It really is a fairly low-risk park as long as you have sence enough to stay away from extreme stuff. There are sand dunes and the quarry to play in, and if you need guidance... just ask. That's what the CB is for, and quite a few of us can act as spotters to help guide you through any tricky spots. My only advice is that you talk to the other drivers, look at the condition of thier Zu, and watch how they approach obstacles to decide whom you might want to take advice from! ;)

FIEND
02/29/2004, 10:26 AM
Just don't look at the condition of mine,,,rockers are all beat up...LOL.

I know that I went stock with no backup car for DD job and still came home.As a matter of fact I haven't seen a lifted VX out there yet....You'll be fine.Come on out and play...lmao.

BTW...Wrist broke and dislocated...3 screws and a chunk of steel and 6 to 8 weeks off...no to figure out how to get the Rodeo fixed with only one hand...lol.

AnalogVX
02/29/2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by doubleadesign
this is my only vehicle and i need it to get me home and not need a repair shop.

DITTO!

FIEND
03/01/2004, 12:59 PM
Hey...my Rodeo has returned home every time we have gone...just not always the way it left...

The VX has this great ability to go through the Badlands with no issues.It usually needs a good buffing but I haven't seen body damage on one yet either.

Just bring it out man...you'll love the experience and meeting everyone and you may suprise yourself when you see what you and that machine can do together..LOL

This only took a half hour to type....LMAO!!!!

doubleadesign
03/01/2004, 04:34 PM
i'm starting to get hyped. i think this will be the most fun i've had in my VX yet.

FIEND
03/02/2004, 10:21 AM
I KNOW it will be!!!! Of course you do know about the "Darkside" don't you?

VX owners get affected by the "Darkside" differently then the rest of the Isuzu world.VX owners split 2 directions when the "Darkside" hits.Some take the dirt road and some the pavement but both types know you can't do both.

All of us non VXers just go the dirt road and the rides grow bigger,dirtier and usually louder some to missing exhaust components.

Either way I KNOW you will have the time of your life!!!!

yal^
03/02/2004, 04:42 PM
Something tells me, It's going to be a BIG event. If everyone shows up, VX's might be at large. Pretty cool, I think...

FIEND
03/03/2004, 05:33 AM
The most VXers in one spot I have personally seen.I think that one spring run there were 5 maybe 6 so we should be past that.Pizza Hut will love this group coming in...LMAO!!

yal^
03/04/2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I really want to see that skinny waiter calling me "honey" again...
Maybe this time we could drive him crazy a bit more... Maybe... :evil2:
LOL

FIEND
03/05/2004, 05:17 AM
Start licking your palm and winking at him...if asks you out just tell him you were trying to get his attention for me...LMAO...that should do it.

yal^
03/05/2004, 02:47 PM
ohh.. I knew you would protect me from greasy waiters... :yesb: :mbrasd:

but what will you do if he plays both ways?
those rough biker looks... you know, can be pretty tempting...
especially blondes are... you know... ROTFL

FIEND
03/06/2004, 07:37 AM
I have a pretty stout cast on now...none of those ace bandages anymore so I can do some woopin if necessary...LMAO!!

Hopefully I will get some help soon to get the Rodeo together...probably in the next 2 weeks...so I can shake it down and make sure it's going to stay together...LOL.I should get my staples out in a week or so so I will be more likely to do some work so putting mine back together and anything else I decide to do I can at least try:rollb:

Hopefully some more people will pop in to join us...I think our total is up to 11 or 12 with mostly VX's.I'm not sure how many Toy guys will be there and some people are talking about bringing people so it could be BIG...YAY!!!

yal^
03/06/2004, 05:14 PM
I am glad to see you in better spirits. :D
I guess it's a great thing to have friends ready to help. I was worried; I will sleep better now... LOL

I might've made some purchases in last week or so. Oops, I'll wait till the whole thing gets delivered. I am still researching though... Might have some questions soon.

O.T.
I do not really know what it is about yellow trucks that makes others so happy, even if they don't own them ;) My wheels got a smaller center "thinis" - forgot the word - because guy at the tire place thought those would be better for my baby. Well, it's just that he sees my truck parked by my restaurant every day, and he thinks it's such a nice car, and he knows I would be happy too...
And he knows those, since they are smaller, might encounter less damage on a trail...
Funny, he was blushing while talking to me. :p

nocturnalVX
03/07/2004, 01:29 AM
Well Yal, you can't blame the guy... you're a good lookin' woman with a good lookin' ride. How can he not act the fool? ;)

FIEND
03/07/2004, 08:27 AM
What did you buy kiddo?????

Well you have to dig a guy that knows a good lookin truck and a good lookin woman when he sees one.Maybe if you talk to him nice enough he'll go buy a VX as well and join us down here...LMAO!!

crager34
03/07/2004, 08:33 AM
Women in VX's..... va - va - voom!!;pb;

yal^
03/07/2004, 04:59 PM
Ok you guys, stop it!
Now you are making ME blush!
Is it hot in here, or is it me burning? :bwgr:

John: I got a little something-something, sorta'-kinda' a little apology present. Not for me, since I got classified as not completely normal – I should be shopping for clothes not for car parts - but for my baby, for some grief I got in last couple of weeks... Anyway, the pile of questions is growing :confused: , and I will seek answers, maybe soon. I am waiting patiently for you to recover and take care of your Rodeo, 'cause I need idiot-proof explaining... as always.

FIEND
03/08/2004, 11:45 AM
I talked with my buddy today and we are going to trailer the Rodeo out to his house and him and another friend are going to let me point at stuff and tell them what to do so I don't miss the spring run!!!Niether one owns an Isuzu or ever has and they haven't done any work on them either but both have some of the biggest baddest trucks around so I am not too worried.He just got tired of listening to me whine about having all my stuff and only getting to look at it because my arm is screwed together so he told me to shut up and he'll come get the Rodeo and me in about 2 weeks or so and we will all put some parts on it...LMAO!!!I am such a baby...LOL

Fire off an email when you need some help with something and I will be more than happy to answer.I get on the computer 2 times a day so I'm sure I'll get it..LOL.

yal^
03/08/2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, you big baby, you... ;) Thank God I didn't see you in a whining state. I do not know if I could take it with straight face... LOL

I am collecting my thoughts at this moment, and will write, if you say I might be able to get through the fan-mail at some point. (sarcasm? hmmm.. interesting)
Well, get ready... I need to start from basics.

FIEND
03/09/2004, 07:08 AM
LMAO!!!! No problem kiddo just start firing them off and I'll answer what I can.

yal^
03/09/2004, 06:10 PM
First torpedo on target.
Hope it didn't scare you too much ;)

FIEND
03/10/2004, 06:19 AM
HOLY COW!!!!!

yal^
03/11/2004, 05:54 PM
c'mon... It wasn't THAT bad ;)

but don't worry, it's not the end yet. Cookin' some more, but school started apparently yesterday - I was convinced it was next week, so I have to make up for it. Give me a day to regroup.

yal^
03/13/2004, 06:04 PM
Ok, so I've discussed the problem of my spare tire with bunch of my customers, as they all are severely enjoying the tales of my VX by morning coffee ;)

We all came to the conclusion that a cargo basket is going to have to happen. For the purpose of the spare tire. We tried to tuck spare in blankets like Alaska said, and even tried to harness it down, but I feel very uncomfortable with it behind my back. The thing is, it does not seem to be safe. I keep looking back to make sure it will not fly through my windshield taking my head with it.

No, I do not drive like a maniac anymore... I am probably a bit more paranoid than I should, but it's my safety.

The only time I am concerned is really only when we go wheeling. I know you wouldn't leave me without help, but I was strongly advised to ask you guys, if poop happens, and I get a flat, will you help me haul spare tire from my roof?
Just to make things clear, I am knocking on a wood right now, so I don't jinx myself either :p

Oh, and I found a basket (http://www.prolineracks.com/car-rack-special.html) I think I might like, mostly because of the price $139 plus shipping. Can someone tell me what do you think?

FIEND
03/14/2004, 05:27 PM
I am not a good one to ask about baskets.Most people will only get the pricey "Look What I Have" kind of basket.I myself say screw it and if it works it was worth it.I like your choice.Alot like the one I want.

Another option is to buy a stand up carrier for inside your ride like I am getting

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/misc.html

They also make a flat one that I would suggest if you put it on the roof.Just my thoughts.

AlaskaVX
03/15/2004, 10:54 AM
Hey yal, where did you try putting the spare at? I was thinking behind the rear seats, I couldn't possibly see a spare jumping up though there and flying foreward.

yal^
03/15/2004, 01:14 PM
Alaska, I guess that would be the easy way... ROTFL
I have Tone's trunk box in behind the seat - look in my gallery, not a very good pic, but you will get the idea. Although it's not screwed down, it is a great pain to put it in, as the fit is
very tight, and I do not want to really take it out since I have more than load of crap in it. So we tried to harness the wheel flat on the folded seat. It seems virtually impossible to have the wheel not moving while driving.

I looked at those carriers FIEND is talking about. Nice, but how would I mount it without taking the seat out? Or maybe I am missinge the point here, John?

FIEND
03/16/2004, 05:42 AM
You VXers would probably have to remove the seat.I can get it in without removing mine but it wasd just a thought.

FIEND
03/25/2004, 02:10 PM
So who's pics do I get to steal to put on the site?I made up a picture page that can hold alot of photos so someone will need to take a bunch of pics...LMAO!! I would but between the pain killers and the fact I don't own a camera it could be fairly difficult...LOL;Db;

crager34
03/26/2004, 07:19 AM
I am bringing the lap top, digital camera (takes small videos), dog and a very lucky woman (haven't found one yet....damnit)...

FIEND
03/26/2004, 08:24 AM
On your way over to the Badlands you can buy a woman in Indianapolis on the east side...LMAO!!!

Just kidding...don't need mods ticked at me again...LOL.

omegavx
03/26/2004, 08:56 AM
lol Fiend, I read that and couldn't stop laughing!!!

Anyway, I'll be bringing my digital camera as well. I can get about 100 pics to disk or about 20 small 5 to 10 second video's.

NC_VX
03/26/2004, 09:41 AM
I've got a camera with lots of room for pics and video's. If I remember, I can even bring some CD's to burn the files to a disk before even leaving!!!!

FIEND
03/26/2004, 10:28 AM
Good golly...too sweet guys.I had been thinking about having a photo page so people could go to one place to see some pics from the runs.I figured after each run change the page(i.e. Snow Ball then erase and put in Spring run)Everyone would still have their individual galleries but people could also see all the photos in one spot.

Maybe when I can go back to work I will actually pay the money to make the site even bigger.We'll see.

Thanx again all!

yal^
04/06/2004, 05:52 PM
FIEND, here is a suggestion. Maybe instead of erasing everything, and puting new only run up, you could convert past runs in a one page gallery, where the old pics in small format could still be sitting there for everyone to look at. Lets say 10 on a page, the best ones, or something like that.
How much space do you have there now?

btw I ordered my basked last nigh... I got one of ebay, $10 more than the one I asked about before, but this one has lights mounts on it, so I am thinking, maybe I could attach my flag to one of those...
Oh, and does anyone know if glass mounted CB antena holds tough enough to have it installed on a side window. I am worried that it may get ripped off by brunches...

FIEND
04/07/2004, 09:31 AM
Y'know...I have no idea how much room I have on the site.It is a free site with templates to work from.I'm sure if I put too much on there they will let me know...LMAO!!

Good to see you got your roof rack.You could definately run a flag up there no prob.

As for the antenna...I saw a fella in there with a cell antenna on his window and it survived.I have been through 1 antenna that was hard mounted to the rear of the Rodeo but I see guys go all year and maybe morew with the same anrenna.So in short....I have no idea!!!

BTW...I'll be in Chicago Thursday nite till Sunday morning.I am pretty sure I should see some of you Chicago-ites then.I'll be on California Ave. and that's all I know.It is right off off one of those interstates.Those that have my cell number give me a ring.I have Gill's and Kasia's...I may call to see you guys.

doubleadesign
04/07/2004, 10:23 AM
Are you going to the Clipper? I live near the park a little to the west of California. Off the boulevard. Near a black VX i see parked sometimes a little norht of me. I wonder if he's a member of the board.

yal^
04/07/2004, 12:56 PM
Oh man, "I have no idea" is no answer for me right now.. LOL
Just kidding. I was asking about antena, as I am considering an exchange for one with magnetic mount... I just don't know what works better here...

And one more question John. You "may" call us or you "WILL" call us? 'cause there is a big difference here, and time is tight... LOL

FIEND
04/08/2004, 08:09 AM
Fine...I WILL call you on Friday.How is that?Short of a definative time that is the best I can do...LMAO!!!!

I will call you once I get up there and maybe hook up.

I will be going to my brother in laws place and he lives by some Yoga place and by a really good coffe shop.Not even sure of his address even...LOL

yal^
04/08/2004, 01:43 PM
I meant my time being short, but fine... here it goes...

YAY ;Do;

nocturnalVX
04/08/2004, 07:33 PM
Well folks, the schedule change at work is a go! I'll no longer be working the bizzare swing-shift, and will be on my favorite shift for good! I re-checked the dates, I am not scheduled on the 24th and I WILL be at this event! The only down side is that Moab is out for me this year. Oh well. See you all in Attica!

By the way John... the Calmini lift has not happened yet, so Kasia is still the tallest VXer (unless Sgt. Batguano shows). See you this weekend?

yal^
04/10/2004, 05:30 PM
Gill, nice to know I'll see you in Badlands.
About Moab... sorry you won't make it this year. I wanted to go too, but things cannot work for me this time. Nothing lost I guess.
I AM going to make that trip next year and hope to see you going too.

Happy Easter Everyone :)

eric0819
04/11/2004, 01:01 PM
I just joined the site, have had a VX since Aug, 2001. My cousin and I both live in the Chicago area and both of us have Yellow VX's. I see there is one in Darien which is very close to me. Wish I knew about this site earlier. I will try to be at that Indiana meet.

EK

:cool:

SGT.BATGUANO
04/11/2004, 06:40 PM
Welcome.

Looks like the ranks of protons in Chicago are growing.

FIEND
04/12/2004, 01:34 PM
I know I will catch h3ll for this but(insert excuse)I didn't have my phone.We left on Thursday and I moved out a bit too quick.

I did find out where I was going though after sitting in Chicago traffic for an hour Thursday afternoon.He lives on California 1 block north of Fullerton.I was going to say by the Starbucks but I think I saw over 1000 of those places there...LMAO!!!! I walked all over that city.We went to some Zoo in Lincoln Park(?) and went to eat at Ed Debevicks(sp?).All in all a good time but the lack of my phone hence lack of numbers that I wish I had.My sister-in-law was wanting to meet you Kasia...someone to speak polish with her.That and at least you two could wonder what we were saying as well...she barely speaks english as well...LOL

Glad to see you'll be there Gill,can't wait to meet up again.Hopefully Hollywood can swing through and get me but if he can't I will drive myself.I was practicing this weekend at Dave and Busters...driving game and pain killers...did decent...LMAO!!!

See ya soon!!! 12 days and counting!!!

yal^
04/12/2004, 03:49 PM
Watch your mouth FIEND!!!
We both could wander what you are all saying, huh?
Nice.... just be careful, she might understand more, than you think ;)

I am happy you had a good time. You were way north from me, probably good 45 min to an hour drive. Oh well, next time Mr. Forgetfull. LOL I was hoping a little this mini met would happen, 'cause for some reason *hint hint* people here are so hard to get togheter LOL *hint hint over*.
To be honest, I simply thought that since it was Easter, and you were with your family, there was no time for you to call anyone. But if you really ask nicely for it, I'll give you some h3ll ;Dr;

Kasia

eric0819
04/13/2004, 12:13 AM
Hey Kasia,
I have a Proton VX in Bolingbrook, probably 10 mins away from you. Sometime we can hang out. I am not sure if I can make that Indiana meet.

EK

nocturnalVX
04/13/2004, 05:32 AM
Hey John, I live right off of Fullerton Ave. dude!!! The only reson I'm not going to give you h3ll is that I've been working nights, and a phonecall from you would've cut into my much needed :snooz: . (Not that it wouldn't have been worth it!:evil: )

NC_VX
04/13/2004, 10:03 AM
So, I'm in Chicago next week for business, flying in Sunday and then staying through Wednesday afternoon.... Sounds fun, will enjoy the site seeing... Then I am turning around and driving to Indiana from North Carolina! I am crazy!!!!

I am leaving Thursday morning to arrive in Attica Thursday night I guess. Is anyone planning on being up there sooner or camping or anything? Just wondering cause my wife and I and my dog will probably be there (not sure about the wife, but for sure me and the dog!)

I need to read our 6 pages of thread to figure out the details again, I am getting excited!

FIEND
04/13/2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by NC_VX

I am leaving Thursday morning to arrive in Attica Thursday night I guess. Is anyone planning on being up there sooner or camping or anything?

Yes...I live here...LMAO!!!!

FIEND
04/13/2004, 10:22 AM
I wish I could have got up with everyone....kinda sux when I was not that far from you Gill!!!

So Kasia you weren't into driving an hour to see your second favorite long hair(Gill gets tops driving a VX and all)...LOL.

I will probably be driving myself to the Badlands...I don't know if I trust my only other option....he seems a little off.Go from having a Troop and no money to having an almost completly modded Cherokee???Seems fishy.

Oh well see you all soon.11 days and counting

yal^
04/13/2004, 01:28 PM
Eric: was that you few weeks ago at Wendy's a on route 83 and Planfield Rd. by any chance?

Hey NC_VX you are a bit crazy, but hey, life is short I guess, so we have to make the best of it, right? ;)

John: of course I was up to driving an hour to meet my favorite 'zu crazy long hair, or three of four for that matter... you should know that already... LOL

And yes, I do not trust that Hollywood either, but I thought you would notice I got so gentle with him to get you a ride, it hurt me more than you can imagine... a little appreciation here, please.

FIEND
04/13/2004, 05:21 PM
LMAO!!! Thanx for thinkin of me Kasia...LOL.
I think I will struggle on my own....Now he's talkin about more parts.Something definately different about that boy...LMAO!!!
Those Greenwood guys are all hillbilly's anyway...LMAO!!!!

I will DEFINATELY catch h3ll for that comment...LMAO!!!

yal^
04/13/2004, 05:28 PM
Not from me John :)
I had a nice reply for Hollywood, but I was affraid I am pushing it with mods on wire already... LOL

AnalogVX
04/13/2004, 09:09 PM
3 DAYS UNTIL ATTICA!

nocturnalVX
04/13/2004, 11:41 PM
... and can I have some? :goof:

Seriously though Rich, I hope you know that this meet is a WEEK from this Saturday. The 24th of April, not the 17th. :smack:
Hope I didn't ruin your day! LOL See you there? Hmmmm?

joesvx
04/14/2004, 07:57 AM
Kinda scared me with the whole 3 day thing..... I thought I messed up the date.... :confused:

FIEND
04/14/2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by joesvx
Kinda scared me with the whole 3 day thing..... I thought I messed up the date.... :confused:

He made me stop and think and I put this thing together...LMAO!!!

Rich I dearly hope you can make it NEXT week and I really hope you didn't honestly think it was this week.

Go get him Kasia...the mods will only delete your post its not like they will arrest you!!!

10 days and counting

10 RICH....10 DAYS!!!!!

AnalogVX
04/14/2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
3 DAYS UNTIL ATTICA!

I am SO out of it! I am a whole week ahead of myself! I guess I just can't wait...I really need some 4-lo time.

FIEND
04/14/2004, 11:42 AM
Scared me for a minute man!!!

I can't wait either and I'm not going to be driving...LOL.I am going to bring my video camera seein's how I am not driving I'll be able to video tape it and show the family.I hope to get crankin on my truck soon.I just talked to my friend and his cast comes off this week and maybe next week we can begin on mine.I think we are going to put the new one-piece driveshaft(which is SWEET by the way)in and drive it to his place for the begining of the MAJOR work.

Can't wait to see everyone...and can't wait to meet all the new faces!!!

yal^
04/14/2004, 12:19 PM
Whoa... Rich, I almost fell off the chair because of you!!!
Don't do that again, please... ;)

Originally posted by FIEND

(..)

Go get him Kasia...the mods will only delete your post its not like they will arrest you!!!

10 days and counting

10 RICH....10 DAYS!!!!!

John, first you tell me to stop, then you tell me to go for it... man, you need to make a decision, you are worst than I am when it comes to shopping - for parts of course... ROTFL

Are you driving yourself to Attica and then riding with me?

YES, 10 days!!!

I just got my basket, and I will hace CB installed Friday, and my fairing is in, I am just missing mounts, but hopefully trip to Gallyans will make it work, and.... I have a very upset family member, whom I am going to kill sonner or later... so if I am not in Attica next weekend, send food and cigarets to Cook County...

omegavx
04/14/2004, 12:27 PM
I can't wait for the meet either, doesn't look like I'm gonna have time to line-x the cladding before the meet :( BTW, what brand/model CB do you all recommend? Also Fiend, if you can't find a ride, let me know I'd be happy to stop by and pick you up.

FIEND
04/14/2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by omegavx
Also Fiend, if you can't find a ride, let me know I'd be happy to stop by and pick you up.

I Thank you much...I won't know until that Friday how I am going to feel if I can drive or not.I hope I can but we'll see.I'll PM you my Cell number and see what we can come up with.Surgery is really putting a bind on my wheelin' time...LOL

Leave me alone kiddo...I was trying to be nice to him because of the whole ride issue....now that that is getting solved I don't care if you irratate him now...LOL

As for a cb preference...what ever I can find cheap!!! I think Gill has one of the better in terms of size.Very small and not hard mounted into your dash like mine.He will have to chime in to tell you what he has.I have the cheap Radio Shack one that hasn't really worked in 2 years(my fault not the radio).I think it's just in what you like.You could get one of those hand held ones like Rich carries with him for just something to use.

Actually if you go to our site it has the cb model's they have in the spec's and pics section.

http://www.fiend.4wdriver.com/

yal^
04/14/2004, 04:49 PM
omega: do search on this site, I think sveltax started the tread I got whole info on CB from.
Rich gave this page: http://www.valcoelectronics.com/cb/c75wxst.htm .
I know that if you order sometime before this Saturday, they can ship it to you before the end of next week, and you can have installed in time for this run.

nocturnalVX
04/14/2004, 05:05 PM
Yup, that's the one. Thanks to Moncha for turning us all on to this little unit. It mounts discretely under the driver's seat and disconnects quickly when not in use. I can't wait for this run! Glad to see you'll be joining us NEXT week Rich! See you all then!

AnalogVX
04/15/2004, 09:16 PM
:homer:
mmm... next week

I got the same CB. Works great. Mine is mounted behind the dash with the remote plug coming through the lower dash, just to the left of the cd player. It was a pain in the neck. I had to disassemble the dash under the steering column and work the metal backing plate that was under there to get the remote to fit right. For such a small unit, it was sure hard to find a place to mount it.

FIEND
04/16/2004, 07:31 AM
Good to see you have your head on straight now Rich...LMAO!!!! I would have hated to see you roll down here and find that you can only go on guided trail runs...LOL.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/info_events_april.htm

yal^
04/16/2004, 08:47 PM
So I finally got around to my basket, and now I am a basket case.
According to measurements it's only longer, but not wider than Load Warrior, but:

1. It looks huge!!! I won't complain about it though, because my spare tire is full size and it looks like I have 39" of capacity for 32" tire, so it all works.

2. The damn brackets don't fit roof rack bars!!!! They are way too small for width of the bars, and I do not really know what to do :(

I have horizontal mighty mounts coming, but I have no idea if they would work. I hope with my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, anyone has any ideas? I guess the real problem lies in basket itself, the bars that mounts snap on are about a half an inch off to the roof rack. The basket itself is Eddie Bauer, and it's build a bit differently, but I didn't expect it to be such problem...

AnalogVX
04/16/2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by yal^

2. The damn brackets don't fit roof rack bars!!!! They are way too small for width of the bars, and I do not really know what to do :(

I have horizontal mighty mounts coming, but I have no idea if they would work. I hope with my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, anyone has any ideas?

I love those mighty mounts. I love them so much I bought 2 sets of each, horizontal and vertical. You'll be suprised what you can mount to the factory roof rack wth a mighty mount! If you need an extra set for the weekend let me know. I'll let you borrow a couple to get you through until you can order some more.

Just a PS, if I am envisioning this correctly...what about using the brackets sideways and fastening it to (2) mighty mounts per bracket.

yal^
04/17/2004, 12:41 PM
Rich, you are the best. I might take you on your offer if my mounts don't come on time.
I shall take a few pic so you can see if I am being just a bit scared of this basket, or it's really too big for my VX.

I had a tough time to understand, what you mean by "using the brackets sideways", but I think I know now. The thing is, it's only one side that would be off... see pics.

One question though. Do you know part number for vertical mighty mounts? I have this feeling, I might have to buy a set...

EDIT:
I got pics (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3078&ppuser=569&thumb=1) in my galery, cuz I just simply got beaten by the system...

FIEND
04/18/2004, 08:52 AM
I like that rack kiddo.Pretty sweet.It dosen't look too big to me.It seems it stands pretty tall off the roof but for the most part all racks do.Looks good.

6 days and counting

AnalogVX
04/18/2004, 03:35 PM
I see what you mean about the brackets not fitting. My idea really wouldn't work either. You may have to ditch the brackets all together. Anyway, the part number for the vertical mighty mounts ...
Isuzu #2-90116-821-0, Description-"wing bar mighty"

Maybe someone else looking at the pics might have a better idea.

BTW, the rack looks AWESOME! I hope you can get it to work.

yal^
04/18/2004, 03:45 PM

BTW, the rack looks AWESOME! I hope you can get it to work.

Thx Rich :)
I think so too, but don't want to say it outloud... I really need it to be up before Friday, when I pick up my spare tire. I have an idea, but I need to go to Home Depot and see if they have, what I think could work.

John: Front looks tall because it sits on brackets that don't fit for now. It's about an inch higher than if I was to mount it properly. Besides I already have fairing that will go in front, and maybe this way it will look a bit lower? I do not know. All I know, that I have a problem to mount it, so I am waiting for mighty mounts to be delivered. If those will not work, I guess I'll make a trip to hardware store and see what I can work out.

BTW my CB radio got installed today. Crappy job, but I think I can fix it...

FIEND
04/20/2004, 05:43 AM
4 Days people.Is everyone ready????Here is a weather forcast for Attica.Dosen't look beautiful but any day wheelin is a good day.The weatherman last night says all rain in the evening but that could change in a second around here.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=usinct1096&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

doubleadesign
04/20/2004, 05:55 AM
i know how to use mapquest but how about some landmarks so I know i'm close and maybe a cell phone # of someone going in case I really get lost?

FIEND
04/20/2004, 08:21 AM
i know how to use mapquest but how about some landmarks so I know i'm close and maybe a cell phone # of someone going in case I really get lost?

You have mail

doubleadesign
04/20/2004, 08:52 AM
Anyone from Chicago want to convoy out there? Though if it's pouring out I might stay in. But, since it most likely won't be raining we should meet up somewhere, change a few cell phone #'s and head out together. I think somewhere south of UIC would be best, after the 2 expwys. merge.

yal^
04/20/2004, 11:28 AM
I was just wandering the same, doubledesign.
Last time I met Analog at Hinsdale Oasis on 294. Where are you coming from? It's the best spot for us, it seems.

Rich: are we meeting like last time, or you will be going there Friday? Let me know please. I am not sure, but I think kegard from Wire wants to join us somwhere on a border of IL and IN.

Correction: kegard's daughter has a soccer game so he can't make it this time.

doubleadesign
04/20/2004, 12:24 PM
My closest entrances range from California to Augusta. Which also includes Fullerton, Armitage, North Ave., Division, etc. Basically just before the loop.

FIEND
04/20/2004, 12:42 PM
My closest entrances range from California to Augusta. Which also includes Fullerton, Armitage, North Ave., Division, etc. Basically just before the loop.

That's Gill's territory...try him

yal^
04/20/2004, 01:01 PM
Hey John, can you take your lucky tow strap with you?

omegavx
04/20/2004, 02:38 PM
Hey John, sent you email instead of PM just because its easier for me to actually get it.

AnalogVX
04/20/2004, 09:49 PM
3 DAYS UNTIL ATTICA!

:D

AnalogVX
04/20/2004, 09:55 PM
I was just wandering the same, doubledesign.
Last time I met Analog at Hinsdale Oasis on 294. Where are you coming from? It's the best spot for us, it seems.

Rich: are we meeting like last time, or you will be going there Friday? Let me know please. I am not sure, but I think kegard from Wire wants to join us somwhere on a border of IL and IN.

Correction: kegard's daughter has a soccer game so he can't make it this time.

Yea, let's meet up at the oasis again on I-294. Say about 5:00am? Anybody else from the Chicago Metro area is more than welcome to cravan down too.

doubleadesign
04/20/2004, 10:37 PM
I was wondering how the time thing worked. Does every one meet up at the site and go on a trail or is it like an area with a central parking lot that everyone ends up at (I'm thinking of paintball type stuff, where there is a parking lot and from there you go in different directions for differnet types of rides). What happens if I'm late?

nocturnalVX
04/21/2004, 12:33 AM
Normally I'd drive down to Danville, Il. the night before to crash at a motel and meet everybody at the park after driving a mere 30 minutes. However, because I'll be getting out of work at 10:30 Friday night and need to get SOME rest, I figure I'll meet my fellow VXers at the Hinsdale Oasis on 294 at (yikes!) 5:00AM and convoy down there with you. Hopefully I can crash out the second I get home on Friday! Can't wait!!!

FIEND
04/21/2004, 06:52 AM
I will most definately bring my strap if I make it out.I need to get a new one...that one is lookin bad...LOL.

I got your e-mail Jay and I even replied...LOL.

Hope to see everyone soon and wish me luck for tomorrow I go under the knife...LOL.

3 days

AnalogVX
04/21/2004, 08:10 AM
Yea, good luck John. Any surgery is a big thing.
Gil, do you think you're gonna make it?:zzzo2: I mean this early morning stuff is pretty new to you!

DoubleDesign, we usually meet up in the parking lot after everyone is checked in and go from there. If you're gonna be late, we usually use channel 13 on the cb or if your cell is working, call one of us. The quarry is good place we like to start off at and not too far out of the way that someone can meet you if you are not too late. Otherwise ummm...don't be late?;)

crager34
04/21/2004, 09:26 AM
Ok - I will be staying in Layfette, IN at the Red Lion Inn with my girl (yep...found one) and the Freak dog. I won't be there till late Friday night. I didn't find where to meet Saturday morning.... Can someone fill me in?

Someone give me a shout at eccqcboy@yahoo.com and will exchange cell numbers.... don't want to miss out on any of the fun out there. I am staying till Sunday.

Darrin

yal^
04/21/2004, 01:00 PM
I will most definately bring my strap if I make it out.I need to get a new one...that one is lookin bad...LOL.
Please do. I think I can draw a map of auto-moto stores in my area with my eyes closed, but still no strap :mad: They just don't sell them, or maybe I am not looking where I am supposed to..

got your e-mail Jay and I even replied...LOL.
Now that's a surprise... LOL

Hope to see everyone soon and wish me luck for tomorrow I go under the knife...LOL.
Hey, take care of yourself, ok?
You ARE gonna be fine, you hear me? :yesg:
*keeping my fingers crosed*

3 days
We'll see you then!!!

yal

yal^
04/21/2004, 01:19 PM
Ok, now back to business

Rich: yes, I'll be there at 5:00 AM. If it happens - and I am sure it will - that I will stop to get some coffee, would you like one? :)

Gill: LOL... I'll see you there then. Would you like coffee also? Something tells me you are going to need it more than every one of us. That is if you can settle for Dunkin Doughnuts...

doubledesign: I have a solution for you. Instead worrying if you are going to be late, just meet us in Hinsdale Oasis at I-294 (southbound).

BTW my basket didn’t work out :( I have to go for Load Warrior.
Unfortunately there is no way to mount BVG basket without cutting it, fabricating mounts, and then praying so it doesn’t fly away…

FIEND
04/21/2004, 02:41 PM
For those who have never met me I have placed a photo in my gallery to give you a small idea of what to expect.It just sux when everyone runs scared and starts screamin....LOL.

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 05:05 PM
Hinsdale Oasis is 50 miles in the opposite direction I want to go. 50 miles = 30 min more sleep! I'll chance it. What time will you guys pull out?

yal^
04/21/2004, 05:45 PM
9:30 am in front of the gate at Badlands, so I am guessing we want to be moving 9:45, but not later than 10 am. Just remeber Indiana is one hour ahead of us.

I PM'd you my cell # just in case.

FIEND: bwahahahahaha.... you are too modest ;)

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 05:53 PM
So I need to be there at 8:30 my time. Grrr. less sleep! I'm bringing a friend with and he's worried he won't have any fun. Will we be able to each do a run? How does that stuff work?

omegavx
04/21/2004, 06:31 PM
Actually, we arn't ahead of you anymore are we??

http://www.time.gov

I would say its 8:41pm here and what time is it there?? But, that's kinda hard over the internet :)

nocturnalVX
04/21/2004, 06:50 PM
Well boys & girls,
Looks like I'm going to keep with tradition and drive downstate Friday night after all. :rolleyes: See you there!

Oh, and by the way... Omega, you've got the coolest source of tires/4-wheel parts in your neck of the woods. http://www.4wheelparts.com/

We have to set up a meet and head there. I still need to get a spare tire & wheel from them. I figure, instead of having them ship it, I can use it as a reason to get together! Hmmmm?

yal^
04/21/2004, 08:16 PM

I would say its 8:41pm here and what time is it there?? But, that's kinda hard over the internet :)

LOL... that's funny :)
so maybe we should rethink departure time?

doubledesign: check out some galleries, like mine, Rich's (AnalogVX) and Gill's (nocturnalVX) to get an idea what is going to happen. I guess you could switch behind the wheel with your buddy, but that's not the real idea. The point is to actually meet all of us, have some good time, see what's wheeling is all about.
And I think problem of your sleep is solved, since there is no time change... Tough it up a bit and you might actually like it ;)
Or talk to Gill, he is going the night before and gets some sleep at the motel. Maybe that wouldwork for you?

AnalogVX
04/21/2004, 08:23 PM

THAT'S RIGHT! DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!
yes, we are now the same time zone.

An hour more SLEEP!:p

PS...Oh and coffee sounds good yal!

PPS...Since we are now on the same time zone, we can meet 6:00am!

AnalogVX
04/21/2004, 08:24 PM
For those who have never met me I have placed a photo in my gallery to give you a small idea of what to expect.It just sux when everyone runs scared and starts screamin....LOL.

Oh boy. :rolly:

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 08:42 PM
OK
OmegaVX, when you posted at 8:41 it shows here you posted at 7:41 my time. So, I believe there is still an hour diference. Hmmmm....

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 08:44 PM
I was looking at the wrong post time!
we are on the same time!!!!!! YES! 1 more hor of sleep. My buddy will appreciate that, since we'll be up late playing warcraft with the guys.

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 08:48 PM
Look up Arandas tires. He will always give you a good deal. He has the same prices that I was able to find at the cheapest sites that looked legit. They don't have a website so use the phone book. He has a VX too. I just turned him onto the board. He's excited about it. He goes to the DUB shows and wins. I just ordered my summer wheels so this trip is the last hurrah for the bad boy MT's.

omegavx
04/21/2004, 11:47 PM
Gill, yeah just happens to be on the opposite side of town from me, so I dont get over there very much. A "shopping" meet sounds interesting, although I dont think we should call it that since it sounds to girly (no offense) for a 4x4 meet. Its on the east side of indy and most of us from other parts of the city try to stay away from that side of town, except ofcourse when we need a girl for the evening, or the weekend as john suggested :naughty: j/k

doubleadesign, yeah the whole forum time is deceptive because of the way the forum is setup you can change your post times around so it looks off. Thats why I posted the http://www.time.gov, you can see the exact time in each timezone no matter Daylight savings or no :)

Everyone, enjoy that extra hour of sleep, or can you really sleep with all the anticipation of the meet? You know your just gonna get up at the same time, go outside and try to do some last minute prep work on your trucks, don't you??

Its kinda funny, you guys sound all prepared for the meet. I still have to go get and install a CB, get a tow strap etc. Man am I way behind, I'm thinking the full size spare isn't gonna happen so I guess I'll have to buy one if I need it.

omegavx
04/22/2004, 12:05 AM
Kasia, I got your PM, your not butting in at all, just wanted to post the info for everyone. So far I will be picking john up. We're supposed to work out the details on friday, but I'll probably send an email about it tonight. Anicia is supposed to come if she can get away. She's willing to sit in the back, so no real problems in getting us all three there. Maybe you have an open seat for anicia so she isn't resigned to the backseat the whole time :)

John, you got mail!!!

omegavx
04/22/2004, 12:28 AM
Looks like one of those action shots from the movies. Guy comes flying over a hill and the stunt guy has to jump out of the way. BTW, I think this angle is one of the best profiles of the vx, really makes the front + fangs look mean coming down the hill.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/5692004_0117badlands0037-med.jpg

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 06:27 AM
I know how to prepare fot a triathlon but what do I bring to the meet? I've never done this before. Is there anything I should get at the auto supply store brfore Saturaday?

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 06:34 AM
Thought you might like this.

http://doubleadesign.com/VX/fiend.gif

NC_VX
04/22/2004, 07:48 AM
Ya'All, Don't know if I will be making it. I just got back from Chicago and my wife is giving me a hard time about leaving since we are moving next week!!!! Women!

If I don't make it, I will soon connect with some VX crew. I am feeling quite lonely out here in NC.

I wanted to say afew things about the quote that 4wheelparts is the best 4 wheel place. I know that there is one in Charlotte, NC and this is what I have to say.... I spent $2k on parts for my jeep, from springs, to seats, liner, push bars, pitman arms, steering columns, etc... All the accessories get in and I take the jeep in to have it all installed (because I don't have a garage to do it myself) and the freakin company calls me and said they can't cause the jeep has a spring over and they don't work on spring over lifts.... Holy Cow, it was their staff that came out, surveyed my car, recommended the correct solutions, and **** like that... And then they say they can't install any of it!!! PLuS, PLUS, PLUS, they recommended I sell the VX instead of mod it and spend the money I woud have spent lifing the VX and shiz to fix up my jeep!!!! F$*#&$'s

Just a few days!!!

yal^
04/22/2004, 12:52 PM
omega: thx for helping John out. Just stick him in a back, and have you sis take the front seat. I think we can work something out if Anicia comes along. I will be happy to take one of them off your hands ;)

Btw, I took that pix :) Pretty cool, huh? I just don't get why is it so blurry...

doubledesign: check the whole tread. We talked about what to bring somewhere at the beginning.

2 days people!!! ;Db;

FIEND
04/22/2004, 01:05 PM
Home from surgery and ready to pass out but needed to check posts.

Gill 4 wheel parts suck.If you aren't driving1 of the "prefered" off roaders it's best not to deal with them.You can order off line though and it'll be fine but going to the store is hell.

DoubleA The fading skull is my avatar on the wire although Kasia says she didn't see it...where did you get that one?It looks like it shows up just fine.

Jay I love you man....nuff said.

Kasia.....you get me as usual so no gettin out of it.Who else screams like you going up and down those hills...lol.

Remember people take good pix especially of Omega and Double A...we dont' have them on the site yet....lol.

must sleep now...cya in 2 days

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 03:43 PM
I don't have a full size spare! So I have to be careful and take a chance that everything will be fine. I'll look into a CB. With 1 day left I might be out of luck. I'll have my cell phone, some gatorade and a few Clif bars!

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 03:45 PM
Fiend: I just found it on some forum. Not sure which now. thought of yours and grabbed it.

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 03:53 PM
I did a quick search on Radio Shack.com and found one for $50. Great price but no time for an install. If there is a quick work around some one knows about, I mean quick. I'll pick one up. Otherwise please turn on those cells for my emergencies!

omegavx
04/22/2004, 05:37 PM
doubleadesign, I waited till the last minute to get my CB as well. I couldn't find the cobra remote power one that everyone recommended here, was gonna install it tonight myself. I had to have gone to like 8 stores, so finally I went back to radio shack, my first stop, and got their cb walkie-talkie. No hookup required, its like $99 and includes everything you need (ie: batter, AA battery casing, DC adapter for recharging etc.) The only thing you might consider buying along with it is a dc car adapater incase your battery runs out. Other then that, the only difference between the walkie and the unit you would actually install is the walkie gets about 3 miles and the installed unit gets about 5 miles. I figured I wouldn't need more then a few miles cause if I'm that far from everyone else then I'm screwed anyway. I also liked the fact that I wasn't tied to my truck and could use it anywhere.

John, lol, I LOVE YOU MAN :D

Ok, is it Kasha or Kasia?? Have I been butchering your name this whole time?? Anyway, was there any doubt I'd help a brother out??

Anyone know of any actual store that carries tow shackles?? I got my tow strap, but can't find any place that carrys shackles.

nocturnalVX
04/22/2004, 07:30 PM
O.K. guys, 4wheel parts blows chunks (get rid of a VX for a heep?!? Yeah, right!)... however, I did get a great deal on the tire & wheel package, so I guess I'll just order the spare via their 800 # and do something else for our next non-off-roading meet. Yup, that's right I still didn't get a spare! Trusting the Powers that Be once again. Good thing the store at the Badlands carries Pro Comps!:goof:

omegavx
04/22/2004, 08:08 PM
Gill, thats three of us without full size spares. Hopfully we dont have a catastrophic tire failure :)

I know it costs alittle money, but what do you guys think about going to the 500 here in indy in may or maybe even the F1 in june?? Havn't been to a 500 race in about 8 years and havn't been to a f1 race at all. Was thinking about going this year, but havn't really decided. Ofcourse it doesn't really get us in out VX's or anything, but it might be cool.

yal^
04/22/2004, 08:11 PM

(...)

John, lol, I LOVE YOU MAN :D

Ok, is it Kasha or Kasia?? Have I been butchering your name this whole time?? Anyway, was there any doubt I'd help a brother out??

Anyone know of any actual store that carries tow shackles?? I got my tow strap, but can't find any place that carrys shackles.

LOL Jay, you too? ;)

It is Kasia, and don't worry about it. As long as you don’t call me Sasha or something ridiculous like that, you can spell my name however you want :)

And NO! There was no doubt you'd help a brother. I just wanted to know if I can help somehow if it turned out you run into problems picking John up.

About shackles, I just got great idea from a salesman at local sporting goods store. So simple it hit me in the head really hard. Try any rental company with moving trucks - Haul or something in this matter. I am going to check it out tomorrow. I myself am having problem to find tow strap, that's why I asked John to bring his.

omegavx
04/22/2004, 08:15 PM
I found tow straps at alot of places finally got a 5 1/2 ton one at meijer. They also had them at autozone, pepboys, walmart and believe it or not target. I'll try the uhaul places tomorrow to see if they have any shackles, but I havn't been to one store, vehicle related or not that had any. Couldn't even find a smaller ATV shackle. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place or somthing.

btw, sorry about the name. People always spell my name incorrectly its "Jayseph" and almost everyone tries to correct it like I misspelled it or it was a typo or somthing. They're always like, you mean "Joseph" right?? LIke I dont know my name, so I just get everyone to call me Jay and its easier.

Mr. I-MAN
04/22/2004, 09:05 PM
I live by Soldier Field on prairie ave. I might be going if any body from Chi-town wants to meet up and follow each other down.

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 10:57 PM
I'll meet up with you. You tell me where. I'm up north from you so we could meet near UIC off Roosevelt. Maybe at the Jewel near the expressway on the east side.

nocturnalVX
04/23/2004, 02:00 AM
Can't wait to meet all the new VXers that are willing to get 'em dirty! You will love playing in the sand/quary/mud, and next year we will have a convoy to Zu Zoo VIII, right? That means you too John!!! By the way... if anybody wants my cell # (just in case) e-mail me. This is gonna ROCK! Otherwise, get down to the Badlands & turn on CB13. See you tomorrow!

crager34
04/23/2004, 05:23 AM
I owned a Jeep for quite a few years (great auto really) and have done a ton of wheeling in Colorado and Moab.... I am really looking forward to seeing a new part of the country with the new car, seeing how the VX performs wheeling, making some new friends....(sniff)....I don't know any of you, but I love you all so much already (sniff sniff)

HEHEHEHEHE - Any way. I will have a PC and a digital camera, my VX not lifted or a full size spare, but wiling to get agressive if needed.... HOT DOG PEOPLE!! This is gonna be fun. Again - I am at the Red Lion in Lafayette and will see all of you tomorrow. PM me if you want my cell... I already have a couple from the list.

Darrin

AnalogVX
04/23/2004, 08:07 AM
I was looking at the wrong post time!
we are on the same time!!!!!! YES! 1 more hor of sleep. My buddy will appreciate that, since we'll be up late playing warcraft with the guys.

Did I hear LAN?

FIEND
04/23/2004, 08:10 AM
Omega I am going to call you here in an hour so this is going to be redundant but maybe others can use the info.

For tow shackles go to TSC.Tractor Supply Company....they have everything you could want...even have a highlift(not named highlift) for about 40 bucks.They have every size you could ever want of shackles.If you can't find a TSC go to Thrifty Supply in Brownsburg.Those are the best places I know of.

As for CB's you are missing the obvious....go to the truck stop.Jay there are several around the city and 2 on the west side.Great prices and REALLY good models.After all,CB's are a truckers best friend...lol.

See you all tomorrow.

AnalogVX
04/23/2004, 08:21 AM
I'm going to add to John's post for us in the Chicago area. Try Farm and Fleet for a shackle.
I got mine from Indy4x4, but it's a little late for mail order!
I am getting my VX ready to go now. I got a mandatory lunch meeting and have to work tonoght so I'm trying to avoid the last minute stuff in the morning. See ya all tomorrow!!!

omegavx
04/23/2004, 08:55 AM
lol, ok so driving around yesturday I had to have passed at least 4 truck stops and never once thought to stop and look for a CB. I even needed gas at one point and stopped at a station across the street from a truck stop. Anyway, I got the walkie one and I think its gonna work out really well, I wont be tied to my truck with it, I can take it anywhere.

I'll head out to Thrifty Supply in alittle bit to pick up a shackle. I knew there had to be a place around that had them just couldn't think what store would carry them. BTW, there is a TSC on this side of town, its in plainfield, alittle farther south.

Rich, everything is about last minute for me :)

Mr. I-MAN
04/23/2004, 08:56 AM
We can meet at the dominicks parking lot on roosevelt that is close to the expressway. Name a time.

AnalogVX
04/23/2004, 09:31 AM

Rich, everything is about last minute for me :)

Yea, but the great thing about off road meets is you don't have to detail your truck!

doubleadesign
04/23/2004, 09:59 AM
I think 6 am should be fine. I need to do some last minute shopping. We might even run into the guys coming from the Oasis!

Does the park provide the flags!? anyone know? how late is everyone staying? anyone else nervous? I am. Make sure you all bring business cards to share.

yal^
04/23/2004, 10:02 AM
Yea, but the great thing about off road meets is you don't have to detail your truck!

I don't know Rich, I like mine nice and shiny all the time. Even if I am going to make it the dirties VX you've seen ;)

Question: I got a Load Warrior, but this thing is still a bit off to my cross bars. Is it common, and I just have to move it around to center it, or I have the worst luck, and nothing "really" fits my truck?

yal^
04/23/2004, 10:18 AM
I think 6 am should be fine. I need to do some last minute shopping. We might even run into the guys coming from the Oasis!

Does the park provide the flags!? anyone know? how late is everyone staying? anyone else nervous? I am. Make sure you all bring business cards to share.

hahahaha...
slow down, it's going to be fine :)

Call us, and see if you can catch up with us on highway.

And Rich, one more thing. Are we meeting at 5 or 6 am then???

FIEND
04/23/2004, 10:23 AM
Flags are provided for a price.I really can't remember but I think the flags are like $5 or $10 and you own it.It's a one time thing unless you forget to take it down and drive down the interstate....then you buy another....lol.

Nothing to be nervous about.Just like one of those bling bling meets y'all have except you get to get dirty...lol.

Not long now.

omegavx
04/23/2004, 12:22 PM
Can't wait to see everyone, those I know and those I dont. Its gonna be tons of fun just meeting up and seeing all these vx's in one location let alone all the offroading we are gonna do.

BTW, expect tons of mud tomorrow. Yesturdays storm had to be enough to make the place one big mud puddle :)

Crager34, Mr I-man and doubleadesign I emailed you my cell number just incase you needed it.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!!

AnalogVX
04/23/2004, 08:59 PM
And Rich, one more thing. Are we meeting at 5 or 6 am then???

We are meeting at 6:00am due to we are now on Indiana time.
I forgot about that hour we get from daylight savings time!

AnalogVX
04/23/2004, 09:01 PM
Can't wait to see everyone, those I know and those I dont. Its gonna be tons of fun just meeting up and seeing all these vx's in one location let alone all the offroading we are gonna do.

Don't forget abut the other 8-10 people coming from the Isuzu 4x4wire!

This is gonna ROCK!! I am so wired...I can't sleep!
Time to hit the captain morgan's I guess. That will get me to sleep!

LeglizHemp
04/24/2004, 05:02 PM
Man that was KOOL....i would like to thank the organizers of this event.....even though i didn't talk to anyone that much and left at 1:00 pm.....IT WAS KOOL!.....i was a liitle stoned so was kinda quiet....but was nice everyone looked after each other....i appreciated the help i got when i got stuck on that rock....next time i will be better prepared and will come nite before and camp out......camping would give time to get to know people and drink some beer.....lol....would lower tolerance for caring about scraping bottom of car all over the place....LOL.......again thanks guys and gals....we really enjoyed it

FIEND
04/24/2004, 07:33 PM
Glad you got to make it out man.It really is a great time out there and wish I would have got a chance to talk at you and your bud(no pun intended) more.Although y'all about drownded me in that one big water hole...came through a bit fast didn't ya...LOL.

Any time you're ready to go out again...let us know...we'll see what we can do.

Mr. I-MAN
04/24/2004, 07:48 PM
vx died just as I pulled in my garage(witnessed the limp home feature up close and personal) Batt light came back on about 20 miles from Chi-town Thank God The HID's only use 35 watts. I guess I will have to charge the batt tomorrow and find a coin op wash to blow the crap outta my Alternator hopefully its not toast.

how much do they run?

doubleadesign
04/24/2004, 08:24 PM
I had so much fun guys!

Sorry to hear about the ride Josh! I hope it the end it might be nothing. Or your looking at about $600-800 I think. I should know (I've replaced so many) but I've blocked that out of my memory.

My TOD problem went away, like i had hoped and it's back to normal, though after today I can't look at the VX the same way anymore!

It would have been nice to get to know all of you better. I supposed there will be more meets! I'll put up a photo page soon! Anyone who wants high res just ask.

doubleadesign
04/24/2004, 08:55 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/doubleadesign/PhotoAlbum53.html

nocturnalVX
04/24/2004, 09:07 PM
I don't know why some act up when others do not. However... some of us had more fun playing in the water than others. Thanks to all who came out to play. I can't believe this Isuzu meet consisted soley of VehiCROSS owners (and 2 honored guests from the Wire)... shocking! A record 8 of them! Overall it was another great time in the Badlands. We had a few VXes put in 4-LOW for the first time EVER! I enjoyed meeting all the new VXers and putting faces to names on the forum. Omega took his VX off road!?! Never would have thunk it. I figured it was strictly a show-n-shine street VX. Jay, you really proved me wrong (glad your sis made it too... way cool)! No breakage, no un-rescuable stucks (nice try though Kasia), and beautiful weather too! I hope that the VehiCROSSes suffering glitches return to full health, and that we have another meet soon. Pictures will be up A.S.A.P.

Hollywood
04/25/2004, 08:24 AM
well wassup guys. figured i would do like what fiend did and just say im a non vxer. yes it was fun. if you read my post on the wire you would see how much fun i had. since not alot of you visit the wire though im gona make another pit stop here.

the pics were awesome. enjoyed them. still waiting on fiend though to figure out his cam corder. need them vids man.

AnalogVX
04/25/2004, 08:51 AM
It was really great to meet everyone and see some familiar faces! We have to have another meet so I can keep everyone's name straight. had a great time.
Fiend, you were a madman running around spotting everyone and camming...with a broken arm! Thanks John. I would have bought you a beer at Pizza Hut but Gil had that monopolized. Next time bud!
Sorry to hear about your altenator Josh. I hope it's just crudded up like you say.
The weather held pretty well I thought, for Indidana. It changes more in a day than Chicago does in a week.
Really cool pics DoubleA! I will try to get mine up later today, have to drop off for developing. I know, I know, I got to get in the now!

omegavx
04/25/2004, 09:51 AM
Had a great time meeting and offroading with all of you. Found it kinda funny on the first run there were 8 vx's all following a yota, but he did a great job of leading, until he ran off that "cliff" :) I'm up for a run in june/july, somone pick a date.

I was definatlly amazed at all the non-lifted vx's and how well we did. Alittle slippage, alittle hangups, but overall not really anything major. I think one body scuff for body damage and that was it besides some pin strips.

I think the award for slippage has to goto Aaron for his amazing ability to gun those crawlers. And the hangup award has to goto kasia for her little mud play. I think you took about half that hill with you back to chicago :) It was kinda funny that both happend at the same time, kasia was back in the mudd on one hill while aaron was trying to get up another.

Thanks to all the spotters that helped out, I know I felt much better seeing john, rob and darrin standing at the top of the hills yelling to just gun it over and everything will be ok. Especially on the second run where you couldn't see anything on the way down.

Gill, I know what you mean, I always planned on taking it offroad. But, after you and Rich's horror stories at that first meet I had second thoughts. I'm really glad I just did it. I'm looking forward to the next meet. I know I wouldn't have done half the stuff we did if I wasn't with all of you guys and trust you so much. I think overall I'm more scared of hitting a tree then bottoming out on rocks.

Rich, I gotta say man, you question every hill, you scout it out and I love you for it. I know some disagree alittle, but being my first time I'm glad you were up front checking things out.

Josh, I had a similar problem while out on the trail. Mine died 3 or 4 times after getting out of the river. Then again on one of the hills in the second run. Although, It didn't die at all after that. I'm guessing I just had gunk some place it wasn't supposed to be.

John, man it was great giving you a ride. I'm glad you were able to get out of the house and work out some of that energy. You sure were jumping in and out of kasia's truck running up hills filming and spotting. Thanks for everything especially getting this meet started. Let me know if you ever need a ride again.

Darrin, just incase you need it here are the lights I'm running.

Fog Lights:
PIAA P-3000

Marker/Parking Lights:
PIAA W2 - part number 19224

Dome Lights:
PIAA T-6 - part number 19223

PIAA reference - http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-Miniature.html
Place I bought them - http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/piaa_bulbs.htm

Head Lights:
Sylvania SilverStar's 9003ST
Sylvania Reference - http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

nocturnalVX
04/25/2004, 10:29 AM
Here are the pics I took yesterday...
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMmrJyxbOGbCeA
:dance:

Hollywood
04/25/2004, 11:16 AM
hahahhaha gil those pics are great man. kinda wish someone would have gotten pics of kasia getting stuck ;Dy; .

some of the pics of you guys were cool. lots were extremely cool. i loved the incident that rob had. the pics of that are fantastic. im ready for the next run

FIEND
04/25/2004, 11:24 AM
Guys I had a great time and I'm glad I could help so many of you.As soon as the voting finishes we will set up a meet for this summer.I should have the Rodeo by then.It was great meeting everyone that I hadn't met before and I really that Jay for coming up to get me...Hat's off man!!!

On a side note could you guys mail your pics to me....my computer is not liking any of y'alls links and it seems to think every link is a porn site....LOL.I honestly don't go to porn sites but for some reason my computer wants to....LOL.

Hopefully if all goes well we will need a different runner spotter for summer because I will be driving.

AnalogVX
04/25/2004, 02:07 PM

On a side note could you guys mail your pics to me....my computer is not liking any of y'alls links and it seems to think every link is a porn site....LOL.I honestly don't go to porn sites but for some reason my computer wants to....LOL.

Isuzu porn!

Hollywood
04/25/2004, 02:24 PM
o man now there is isuzu porn? whats next in this world?

yal^
04/25/2004, 04:49 PM
man, you need isuzu brains!!!

yal^
04/25/2004, 05:27 PM
Boys and girls!!!

Thank you all for this meet. It was a pleasure to see old faces, as always, and extreme pleasure to see new faces - you know who you are :)

I'll start from the top:

John: you were great as the spotter!!! :flower:
Thank you for shackling me when I got stuck in that mud. Too bad no one would help you or Gill, even though you had to work with a broken arm.

Gill: I don't think I really said thank you to you for pulling my ***** from that sludge. So here it goes: thank you :)

Rich: I know you did not want to get muddy, and I tried not to get it on you, but thank you for rocking me out of mud.

Rob (toytoy): thanks a lot for help. Not only there, but in other rocky moments too!!!

Guys, thnx for keeping my spirits up on our way back to Chicago.
Btw, my lips are sealed!!! :supercool

Hollywood's DAD: it was good to have you with us. I really appreciate your pointers. Thx.

Anyone else I might've forgot, or just didn't know their names: it was a pleasure to be there with all of you. I didn't expect it to be VX only run, but I turned out GREAT.

Rob, I think we should get an Isuzu badge on that Toyota of yours, if not VX!!!

Ok, I am done. I think I go now, before I start... *sniff*sniff*blurp*...

Kasia

yal^
04/25/2004, 05:44 PM
I got the pics up on sutterfly (http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b3e6d59ea41f) . Let see if I know how to work it.

Btw, John you got mail. See if that helps.

EDIT: I oficially hate shuterfly, so as soon as I get to it I'll post pics in my gallery here.

FIEND
04/25/2004, 05:55 PM
Ok...now links don't work at all.I'll take not working over blitzing me with porn any day.

Glad you had fun Kasia and really glad you got your spirits up....how was this accomplished exactly...lol.There has to be a reason you won't tell on Rich and Gill...LOL.

Ok....all y'all need to come up with a run date...let's have it.

yal^
04/25/2004, 06:06 PM
hahahah...
thay know what we had to do. Twice!!!!
:supercool

FIEND
04/25/2004, 06:11 PM
hahahah...
thay know what we had to do. Twice!!!!
:supercool

Oh....oooops.

So where are these pics kiddo.I am going into picture withdrawls...LOL.

Those pics that I am able to look at no and then are great.I haven't see Kasia's or Toyo's yet but I will eventually....when my computer feels like cooperating...LOL.

yal^
04/25/2004, 06:12 PM
Don't push me so hard. Now those things don't cooperate with me :(

I'll work on it in a few....

Kasia

FIEND
04/25/2004, 07:02 PM
New pics page up on site.Thanx all for the pics.Lots of people show up and look over the site it will be nice to have some of the better ones all in one place.I didn't put any pics of the tipsy Toy but if I come across a real gfood one I will...lol.

Hollywood
04/25/2004, 07:28 PM
hey fiend if me and rob give you specs and some pics of our trucks can we honorary zu's on your site? kidna feel lonely. me and rob are only ones not on the site that almost everyone else is.

crager34
04/26/2004, 05:47 AM
I would like to thank everyone for making the trip and being so hospitable to one of the new guys. Myself, Carla, and Juba the freak dog had a great time.

Kasia - Thanks for all the Saturday morning help on the phone.

Rich and Fiend - Thanks for the trail spotting and direction pointing.

Josh - Thanks for the racing and watching the butt end of your Vx bounce around on the rollers.....hehehehe

Aaron - Great job on not freaking out to much on the rocks and ruts (your face was sure a pretty shade of red at times).

The pics I have are at shutterfly, but not sure how to share them....

I do have some small videos but not sure about posting them here..... a little help on that would be great.

Darrin

doubleadesign
04/26/2004, 06:06 AM
I saw a "share you photos" button on the site. Maybe it will bring you to a page where you can copy and past the address. I've never used Shutterfly, just Ofoto.

omegavx
04/26/2004, 07:52 AM
What do you guys think of June 19 as the next run date? Didn't see anything on the badlands site for that weekend.

crager34
04/26/2004, 08:04 AM
Count me in.

doubleadesign
04/26/2004, 08:06 AM
I might have a triathlon event that day.

FIEND
04/26/2004, 09:13 AM
I might be able to go for June 19th.It depends on the wife kids and truck but it might be able to happen.

Jay,Crager and doublea need to pick a favorite pic of your ride and email it to me with the year specs and of all things....real names.I am terrible with names but never forget as face....LOL.

I will put June 19th down on the calander and we can work from there.I'll get some info off the Wire too as to when is good for them.

Hollywood....I think we will keep Midwest ISUZU Off Road just that.

Hollywood
04/26/2004, 10:52 AM
thats cool fiend. june 19 works for me.

yal^
04/26/2004, 10:52 AM
I'd also prefer something before 14th. My family comes from Poland on 14th or 17th and I don't think they would be happy if I took off right after they got here.

FIEND
04/26/2004, 11:05 AM
If Kasia is needing before the 14th...how bout we go into early July.

That gives Kasia time with her family and me time to get my truck rollin.

All up in the air but this is the way it works....put the dates your good for and we will hit the date we can all make it.

yal^
04/26/2004, 11:11 AM
crap, I didn't look, and was convinced omega said July 19. June is fine with me. It's second half of July that is the problem.

omegavx
04/26/2004, 11:33 AM
If June 19th isn't good I'd suggest a week later, June 26th. I'd like to see it happen before July if at all possible.

Aaron, is June 26th any better for you??

FIEND
04/26/2004, 11:56 AM
Now I'm liking the 26th of June.That is one more week for me to get up and running.Anyone else?

yal^
04/26/2004, 11:58 AM
good with me

Hollywood
04/26/2004, 01:50 PM
works for me too

AnalogVX
04/26/2004, 09:17 PM
I am out for the 19th, gotta work. The 26th MIGHT be a go, but I would have to see what kind of summer schedule I get with my kid. Bringing her is no big deal, it's the travel conflict that may happen. Write me in as a tenative yes.

MIOR huh? I kinda like it!

FIEND
04/27/2004, 07:54 AM
Actually Rich it is MWIOR(Mid West Isuzu Off Road).Have you never been to the site?????You're on it y'know...lol.

Let's keep it at the 26th right now and see who has complaints with that.

Mr. I-MAN
04/27/2004, 10:52 AM
26th sounds great just gotta check with my wife and dog.:D not in that order.

doubleadesign
04/27/2004, 11:41 AM
26th? I'll need to check when i get home. But summer months are big tri seasons.

yal^
04/27/2004, 05:59 PM
All right, people!!!
I finnaly got around to putting them in my gallery, in Badlands Spring Run (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3080&ppuser=569&thumb=1) album.

Enjoy :)

Kasia

doubleadesign
04/27/2004, 10:30 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/doubleadesign/PhotoAlbum54.html Again, anyone wanting hi-res (or as hi-res as I got) just let me know.

crager34
04/28/2004, 04:22 AM
Thanks for your help with the pictures Aaron.

I am looking forward to another run with all of you this summer. By then, the lift will be installed and bigger tires... then I'll lead...hehehe Aaron.... FOLLOW ME!!!!

FIEND
04/28/2004, 07:09 AM
Nice pics Kasia.You have quite an eye for the good photos'...especially that super handsome man talking to Gill with the bandaged up are.That guy needs to look at a modeling contract....LOL.

doubleadesign
04/28/2004, 07:24 AM
I can put in a good word for you at Ford. Chicago's largest modeling agency.

FIEND
04/28/2004, 07:33 AM
I think I'll skip a modeling contract.Unless they need a sorta Frankenstein looking body part model...LOL.They took my bandages off yesterday on my arm and it looks alot like Frankenstein with the huge scars now....LOL.Got some big pain going without a cast to support it.

Again...I need all Midwesterners to post or e-mail me their favorite pic and year,specs and real name for the pics and spec pages on the site.I have put up Crager34's(Darrin) and I put one up for Jay but have yet to get any specs on his.

All others that want to be on there need to send me a pic and all the above info.Also if you want your pic changed send me the one you want.

http://fiend.4wdriver.com/

omegavx
04/28/2004, 09:43 AM
John, you got mail!

Hollywood
04/28/2004, 11:11 AM
john man site looks good. keep up the good work. i should put a big isuzu badge on the XJ and we can call it an honorary?