PDA

View Full Version : Az. VXers Respond!!!

Triathlete
02/08/2004, 11:05 AM
I am planning on putting together a summer Arizona VX gathering for the "roadies" and off roaders to converge. This get together will probably take place in the Tucson or Phoenix area. The idea would be for us to shine em and show em at a local car show then after the show (most are done around 2ish) maybe hit a short trail (the "roadies can ride along) and then maybe do dinner.
So what I'd like to do here is get an idea of who would be interested. Out of state VX's would be welcome too. Then I will start putting together some info, date, and place. http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/images/graemlins/butwiggle.gif

Nerfzooka
02/08/2004, 03:11 PM
Phoenix in summer, :flame: , we can have a contest to see who's A/C is the coldest.

It's a perfect excuse to add some mods and show them off.

I'd like to attend. Choose a day, lets see who can make it.

coachreed
02/08/2004, 03:30 PM
Porbably a stupid question, but WHEN would you be talking about? Do you have a rough idea of when? I typically take 2-3 roadtrips per year and so I will be do by then. Would give me a chance to test the high-heat resistance of the new conversion! lol Lemme know...

TTYL!

Triathlete
02/08/2004, 04:35 PM
Will come up with a date in a week or so after I get some feedback and check out the car show callendar. Would be awsome to see that V-8 squeeezed in and fully operational!

VX_PA
02/09/2004, 07:56 AM
Post a date and I will see if I can join you. That would be the perfect time to quit my job and relocate to Arizona. I was planning to be there by September anyway. How many days will it take to drive from PA to AZ?? I was guessing maybe 4 or 5. Never drove my VX that far before.:cool:

Triathlete
02/09/2004, 08:00 AM
VX PA...depends on if you like to stop and sleep or drive straight through. I have made the drive fron Tucson to Slippery Rock and back a few times. Took me 4 days but I only stopped for a few hours a couple times to sleep in rest areas.

VX_PA
02/09/2004, 08:12 AM
I figure 8 to 10 hours a day drivetime. I could probably drive longer, but I'd rather stop and rest then drive again the next day. I'm in a hurry all the time now, it would be nice to just relax and drive for a change. It's not like it would be the Cannonball Run, in that case I'd probably make it in record time. LOL:D

AlaskaVX
02/09/2004, 11:24 AM
Denver Colorado to Vancouver Canada takes 33 hours driving time, took me 36 hours (never slept) but we made a few food stops and changed the oil. Also some time crossing the border.

VCAMILO
02/09/2004, 04:02 PM
YOU NNOW IM ALWAYS GOOD FOR THAT. I STILL REMEMBER WAKING UP @ 3:30AM TO MEET YOU GUYS @ 6AM IN TUBAC, AZ. OFF-ROADING IN THE ARIZONA SUMMER MEANS 6AM TILL NOON. LOL! ;Db;

VXcaver
02/09/2004, 06:22 PM
Tri- Whenever you plan it I'll try to make it. Meeting up in Flagstaff or the Grand Canyon might be kind of fun to get a little ways out of the heat! 97 insteed of 110. ;eekb;

We just had a car show here in Tubac. I almost invited everyone, but my desert racing striped, dented, dinged VX just isn't show quality! But the rest of you AZ vxers could shine.

Hey Victor - That 6 am trip was fun though! You got up at 3 am and drove from Chandler, Billy from Tucson, and I got up at 530 and drove two miles and I was the one that was late! ;eekr;

Anyhow, I was out that way last weekend and showed some friends the gully of death at the bottom of the ravine you drove down... that road is messed up from all the rain. Worst road I've ever been on now.

Triathlete
02/10/2004, 08:33 AM
Bob, went to the car show your talking about. That was partly where the idea came from! Time and place will dpend on what show I can find. I've checked a few sites to see what is available. I also want to find one thats not going to put a big hole in everyones wallet, be fun and hopefull be near a short trail that we know and of course be near some good eats! I'll keep everyone updated as I find more info!:cool!:

VCAMILO
02/10/2004, 09:20 PM
;Dr; YOU GUYS LIKE MY SIGNATURE PIC? My two favorite VX's...Triathlete & VXcaver are also in it. ;Do;

SPAZZ
02/10/2004, 09:25 PM
do you ever check your PM's???? I have sent you like 100 PM's by now....:confused:

Triathlete
02/11/2004, 08:40 AM
Uhhhhh, just did;Dy;
Kind of wierd...where it says how many PM's you've got, mine says 0 but I have like 6:confused: :confused: :confused:
I'll try to give you a call this weekend:thumbup:
Oh yeah, I'll be in Couer d' Alene June 26-28. Won't be too mobile though do to pre race obligations but could do lunch or dinner (27th is out...will be on the race course all day).

TucsonVX
02/11/2004, 03:41 PM
Have a few trips planed so when you get the date confirmed I see if there is no conflicts to be there.

Jeff

Triathlete
02/18/2004, 12:26 PM
Okay...
Here is the deal. Summer get together will actually be a spring gathering. Cooler temps and car show availability helped dictate this. HERE (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3270) is the info. Hope to get a large group since there will be a little of something for everyone! Lets hear from all who plan on attending!

jayfotos
02/18/2004, 03:05 PM
Maybe I'll show up, I'll bring comic books!

Triathlete
02/19/2004, 08:18 AM
Cool, will be good to meet add another Az VXer to our group list. Let us know if you decide! Hope you can make it! Where in Az are you from?

VXcaver
02/19/2004, 09:04 AM
Bring comic books! I'm all over that one! ;Db; (Great Flash website, Jay.)

jayfotos
02/19/2004, 10:09 AM
I'm in Mesa/Tempe

Triathlete
02/19/2004, 12:09 PM
You could hook up with VCAMILO and caravan down from there!

coachreed
02/19/2004, 01:02 PM
DOH! A really good friend of mine is getting married on April 17th! I was actually gonna try to drive down for the road trip... oh well... I guess I'll save all of my roadtrip mileage for Moab! Ahh well... Maybe another time.

TTYL!