PDA

View Full Version : seat belt not retracting...

VX FIX
02/07/2004, 07:26 PM
Couldnt find anything in search for this small problem.

This is the first and only problem so far, My drivers side seat belt doesnt want to retract.. I have to pull on it two or three times to get it to retract...

Is there an adjustment to correct this ...small ..but annoying problem...?

Thanks in advance.. Fred

Triathlete
02/07/2004, 07:56 PM
The seatbelts will "lock" if you are on a steep incline or decline. I have fund this out while four wheeling...it can be annoying at times!

SGT.BATGUANO
02/07/2004, 08:55 PM
Haven't looked specifically at my VX yet, but there is usually a door operated lever or button that allows the belt to retract when the door is opened. If you have one of these check it for binding.

WyrreJ
02/08/2004, 01:16 AM
I dunno if it is the weather or what, but in the last couple of weeks I've had similar problems, but upon further inspection it was the belt getting folded over on itself going through the upper metal guide doohickey. It gets twisted a little bit, and as it gets pulled through the twist turns into a full-blown fold-over and then it is too thick to continue sliding through the doohickey. Pull on it, curse at it and maybe it won't fold over again, or maybe not, repeat until it eventually goes all the way through.

EclipseGSX
02/08/2004, 03:17 AM
i have noticed the similar problem. it's especially annoying when I slam the door shut on the belt buckle. will lead to chipping the paint.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/08/2004, 07:07 AM
I sometimes think there are clearance issues between the Recaro seats and the door panels that allow for the belt to become pinched especially if you have harness pads. I noticed my MOMO harness pads work very well in allowing the belts to retract, but, the plain black harness pads I had on earlier caused me big balls.

I especially have to be cautious with passengers who are unfamilair with this...I always give a subtle warning to avoid paint scrapes and chips.

skullcap
01/15/2006, 03:17 PM
Basically, both my driver and passenger-side front belts either retract slowly, or not at all. A god stiff tug seems to make them pop back, but only slowly retracting. I suspect a lubrication problem.

Also, after tilting the seat forward, my driver's seat latch doesn't always engage and lock into place (a definite safety hazard). Without dismantling the seat, I tried a little silicone spray. Better, but still not performing optimally.

After owning my 2000 for almost 4-years, between the wet mat, the binding driver's-side window, the seat-belts, and the seat latch, I'm more convinced than ever that Isuzu got cold-feet advancing production of the VX because they had a quirky concept from which they never exorcised the bugs (mostly water and debris leakage).

I'd just love 5-minutes in Lockheed's wind-tunnel with a bag of colored powder to see where dirt winds-up beneath the door and interior panels.