PDA

View Full Version : complete_VX_powertrain_for_sale

VX922
02/06/2004, 10:40 PM
All !

Sometimes soon I will have these items for sale:
-6VE1 3.5L engine long block C/W everything!
-4L30-E automatic transmission
-front driveshaft
-rear driveshaft
-mounts
-air intake tract
-instrument cluster
-possibly TOD transfer case C/W control unit
-complete F/R exhaust
-possibly rear transaxle
-possibly calipers and rotors
-possibly front drive shafts
-possibly hood insert
-possibly A/C compressor
-possibly PS pump.
-and possibly some more

Above assemblies will come out of perfectly roadworthy 1999 stock Vehicross with well photo documented 42,000mi on it.
There is no known problem with any of those items and maintenance was always performed as it is required, no leaks of any sort either (note synthetic oil!).
Gaskets were kept re-torqued as a part of maintenance.
Brake in period was on mineral oil, first oil change was also mineral the before 2,000miles engine, A/T, x-fer case was changed to synthetic fluids, shafts u-joints were chased with synthetic grease. Engine coolant is original but clear.

Vehicle is mostly parked for last two years, before each storage period engine was given good volume of 2cycle oil to protect rings and oil filler plug was removed to reduce internal condensation.

The vehicle was off-road numerous times but NO abuses such deep water, mud, road dust only moderate Colorado steep red earth and snow.

Prior removal of the power train I am willing to (if potential buyer requires) provide documented 0-60mi times, 1/4mi time & speed, cylinder wet/dry compression reading and oil pressure (psi@rpm@temp). Detailed photos of the power train will be available before and after extraction.

Furthermore I’ll be willing to firm up vulnerable 6VE1 bottom end (details will be negotiated as required) this will be at additional cost to the future buyer.

Based on the feedback from you I might consider breaking assemblies (water pump, torque converter, alt. etc.)

Reason for this sale is transplant of different power train.

Vehicle is located in Edmonton Alberta Canada at the present time, shipping issues exist!

VX922

VX922
02/10/2004, 08:26 PM
comments anyone?

smcneal
06/29/2004, 05:43 AM
It's my understanding that the VX/3.5 L has an issue with throwing the number 1 rod. My VX got hot yesterday and also threw the rod. I am awaiting to hear what the total damage is today and will post this this afternoon. Thanks to all for the input on finding an engine. As a newlywed this is a pain in my ***** and my wallet.

colmhd
08/09/2005, 06:40 AM
So that's what that loud clacking is from me engine.
I'm in the process of finding out wheiterit's crankshaft or small end.Can you give me any info on why t does this.?
Thanks
Colm

Tone
08/09/2005, 06:44 AM
I remember this same offering over a year ago....

Raque Thomas
08/09/2005, 08:43 AM
I remember this same offering over a year ago....
It IS the same offering from over a year ago - date of original post is Feb '04. Wonder if he ever did the swap or sold the drivetrain?

1CROSS
08/09/2005, 09:00 AM
What would you be asking for the hood insert?Any chance of having the roof rail caps,grille fangs or the side pillar letters?

colmhd
08/09/2005, 02:52 PM
So what's the deal on the engine?
How much?