PDA

View Full Version : 35x12.50x18's?

coachreed
02/06/2004, 01:54 PM
Just wondering if ANYONE knew of a manufactorer of tires that has 35x12.50x18's? Of course i want these to be in a fairly aggressive tread pattern... I know BFG has some, and supposedly Nitto is gonna release the Mud Grapplers sometime in the next century... but we shall see. I wish that Interco Tire (http://www.intercotire.com) had something... they hav tires to go on 16.5" and 17" rims... but nothing listed for 18" rims... I know that MOST offroaders use 15" rims and whatnot... but with all the new upscale/upsized SUV's out, you'd think they would cater to their wants/needs. Discount Tire Direct has the BFG's for $287 each shipped... and I need FIVE so... $1435 to my door... but I'm not really happy with the looks of them... I want something like the Swampers or Boggers... just REALLY meaty and noisey running down the road! lol

Lemme know if you have ideas.

TTYL!

Daver
02/06/2004, 04:11 PM
Yes, with a quality muffler for that LS1 and proper tires, your VX should sound very good indeed. :cool:

-Daver

coachreed
02/06/2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Yes, with a quality muffler for that LS1 and proper tires, your VX should sound very good indeed. :cool:

Yeah, I have talked to a few of my F-body buddies and it was unanimous... Hooker AeroChamber Muffler... now the question is... ONE or TWO?! Think I'm gonna go with true duals... as long as my friend with the exhaust shop gives the OK... he wants to look at it this sunday and let me know if it'll fit... I see no reason it won't... sooo... I'll be able to un-cork the built in dumps on the muffler when I go to the drap strip! ;Db;

Anyway, I can't wait to ask someone if they've ever been beat by an SUV!! lol

TTYL!

Coach!

coachreed
02/06/2004, 07:08 PM
Money says that if I buy a set of 15's or 16's with tires... 35x12.50... set of five... its gonna cost me as much or more... I like the stock 18's... and even though it'll cost me a bundle everytime I replace a tire or a set of tires... I am inclined to keep them. Just my warped opinion though.

TTYL!

Randy!

SPAZZ
02/06/2004, 08:00 PM
BF Goodrich T/A KM Mud terrain 35x12.5x18 $268

PRO COMP XTERRAIN 35X13.5X18 $304

;eekp;

coachreed
02/06/2004, 08:59 PM
Spazz-
Where did you find these other tires? I did a search on Yahoo... and looked everywhere... the BFG's are the ONLY ones I found. I had received an email back from Nitto six months ago stating that the 35x12.50x18's were slated but not sure when they would be released. Anyway... if you know of ANY other tires in that size.. and know where to find them online... PLEASE post a link... Thanks!

Coach!

SPAZZ
02/06/2004, 10:27 PM
not to um...sound..um..like an @$$..but, if you really are looking for tires......where is your nearest grocery store or book store with the biggest selection of magazines????

Just go there and look at all the advertisements in the Offroad Magazines...and....Whoallllahhhhhh;eekp; ....you will see for yourself.... Tire Sizes, prices, and wheel packages...

;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp; ;Dp;

hope this helps...

Daver
02/07/2004, 05:32 AM
Pro Comp tires aren't sold by a lot of dealers. I've only ever seen them at 4WheelParts.

They have a website at 4wheelparts.com, but I
don't see the 18s there.

-Daver

coachreed
02/07/2004, 06:07 AM
Alright @$$... I mean Spazz! ;Db; ;pb; Are you saying that its easier to find tires in a magazine that online? If thats the case... people need to get their shnit on the net. Alright alright... I'll check the newstand pretty soon. Thanks for the suggestion... btw, in case you didn't know, I'm playing with the "@$$" comment.

TTYL!

Coach!

BBVX
02/07/2004, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I got all 5 of my BFG MT 33x10.5x15s from 4wheelparts.com, and they usually have free shipping.

I didn't think you could put 12.5s or 13.5s on a 7" wide rim. Am I wrong?? Anyone??

Brian

Triathlete
02/07/2004, 11:17 AM
Also check Desert Rat. They have some pretty good pacage deals. I am getting my 15x8 crawlers clad in 33x10.5 Swamper TSL's from them for like $650. Of course I save on the shipping since they are here in town and I can pick them up.;Dy;

coachreed
02/07/2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BBVX
I didn't think you could put 12.5s or 13.5s on a 7" wide rim. Am I wrong?? Anyone??

Well, if you ask the tire manufacturers... they will say NO... but they aslo said you couldn't put 285/60's on my stock 18" rims... they however DO fit nicely and have worn quite well if you ask me. The 12.50's will only be about 1" wider than what I have already... sooo... yeah, ask the tire manufacturers will say no... I say sure... BTW, look for pictures of BigMeatVX's truck... he has pictures in his gallery with 36's and 35's... both of which I would guess are at least 12.50" wide... maybe he can say for sure.

TTYL!

Coach!