PDA

View Full Version : Accelorator/Brake Pedals

crager34
02/06/2004, 09:24 AM
Does ony one here have an issue with the pedals being close together. I am a medium built guy and find that when driving, I depress the brake pedal and my foot (size 9) will hit the gas pedal. Is it the brakes are not catching soon enough, or just the way it is?

Probably just me being lazy and not getting my foot over far enough.

Darrin

Cyrk
02/06/2004, 09:27 AM
I had the same problem with my Razos, just recently re did them so that the brake was as far left on the pedal and the gas one was as far on the right, help allot.

-Dave

johnnyapollo
02/06/2004, 09:28 AM
They don't seem too close together to me. My only complaint is in the size of the pedals themselves. I put some aftermarket RAZO pedals on there to increase the surface area (did the same as cyrk and spread them apart as far as possible).

-- John

XCross69
02/06/2004, 09:28 AM
LOL, same problem here.. Hasn't happened to me for awhile so maybe I have adjusted to it finally!

coachreed
02/06/2004, 09:55 AM
Heck, I was pulling into a parking space at the grocery store... went to cover the brake and the motor started to rev... of course, my reaction was to step on the brake more... which not realizing that I was pushing the gas too... gassed it more... this being my FIRST experience of this (several months AFTER I got my VX), I didn't realize what was happening... I luckily didn't panic and reached up and shut the motor off! ;eekb; Then and ONLY then did I realize what had happened... SCARY! ;eekb; No, its not just you... I considered looking fora fix to this... but then I found myself swapping motors... soooo... anyway... it'll happen... just be careful not to panic if it does.

TTYL!

VX_PA
02/06/2004, 10:02 AM
Yea, that has happened to me a couple of times. Usually only when I get new boots or I haven't worn a certain pair of shoes for awhile and then I need to get used to them again. It is kinda scary when it does happen. Just have to be careful.;)

crager34
02/06/2004, 10:09 AM
Where is the place to go get some of these. I have seen the pics and like em.

Nerfzooka
02/06/2004, 12:30 PM
I'm a small female and my foot accidentally touches both pedals too. This is when I'm wearing my cowboy boots, not the platforms!

AK VX Lvr
02/06/2004, 12:33 PM
And when you wear the ankle strap spikes??:wtfr2:

coachreed
02/06/2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by AK VX Lvr
And when you wear the ankle strap spikes??:wtfr2:

I guess that question had to be asked... lol :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if a small woman is having the problem too, it really is an issue. I have had the problem only 1-2 times... so its ok... but like I said, if a woman has experienced it... not good... need more space on peddles.

TTYL!

Randy!

johnnyapollo
02/06/2004, 01:49 PM
eBay's always got some for sale - look for the AT (automatic transmission) models:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=razo%20pedals%20-style&?ssPageName=ADME:B:TB2:US:2&from=R18

This is the set I put in mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33700&item=2458463145

-- John

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/07/2004, 09:23 AM
Here's a pic of my MOMO pedals:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2415&papass=&sort=4

Spike
02/07/2004, 04:23 PM
I have never had that problem with my size 10.5 cowboy boots on (which I wear about 350 days a year...)

I did however have it happen once when I was wearing those large rubber soled sneaker style hiking boots...

...and it just so happened to be the first time I started the VX up after installing the Interceptor. It freaked me out big time.

(No VX's, people, animals, plants or other inanimate objects were harmed during this incident.)

Maverick
02/07/2004, 05:06 PM
same problem here... the pedals are too small, and too closely spaced, i have more problems in my shoes than in sneakers ..
I added a set of pedal pads from auto zone, not sure what type, but it definately gave the pedals a better "feel" with the additonal surface area. Just be carefull to install the brake pad cover as far to the left as possible, or itll make the tight spacing even worse...

Heraclid
02/07/2004, 05:42 PM
I've done it a couple of times too, early on in my VX ownership. Right now I am typically wearing a pretty luggy size 12 hiking-type shoe and no problems - I think it's just a muscle memory thing for me and now it never happens even with bigger shoes than I had when it used to.