PDA

View Full Version : OT: How about that Super Bowl?!

Heraclid
02/01/2004, 09:33 PM
Let's see... we had a couple of erectile dysfunction commercials... one where a horse fart incinerates a man's date... another where we see a dog trained to attack private parts... a guy in a kilt getting a cheap thrill doing that Marilyn Monroe thing... the guy getting his personals accidentally waxed... and that's just the commercials. That doesn't even count the streaker on the field and Janet Jackson "accidentally" exposing her breast in the halftime show (it was pre-planned and I saw a dancer try to beat Justin Timberlake to it earlier in the act). Seems we've sunk to a new low here, huh?

WyrreJ
02/01/2004, 10:17 PM
She had a pastie on. How weak is that? Anyone who missed it can see a still from the hi-def feed here:

http://www.kaleirish.com/hdtv/sb2004/janet_2004_superbowl_pastie_01.jpg

I was disappointed in the commercials, and then the hi-def audio went to crap during the half-time show, so I turned it off at the start of the 3rd quarter. While I was watching, it seemed like the only commercials in hi-def were the ones for movies and not even all of those were hi-def. Given the cost to run a commercial, you would think they'd at least make sure that it looked good.

I did have to laugh at the blatant innuendo of throwing a football through a tire in the penis-pill commercials though. Seemed like he just kept throwing and throwing and throwing...

Joe_Black
02/02/2004, 03:19 AM
Superbowl?!?! What Superbowl?;Do; Pastie? Damn!

Navigator
02/02/2004, 05:41 AM
...C'mon, why else would Janet wear a pastie under that top? LOL I must say it was entertaining :naughty: I guess Janet has her limits on the things she'll do for "exposure" Lil' Kims mink thong is still the best stunt I've seen so far on national TV. I can hardly wait to see what's next :naughty:

EDIT: Closer examination has revealed, there was no pastie. It was a metalic sunburst nipple piercing. Dayum, Janet has gotten freaky :naughty:

Game got very interesting in the 4th quarter, final five minutes were some of the best football I've seen all season. Commercials were bliase for all the millions that went into them, but all in all the "SHOW" was a hit(t). Janet threw in the extra "T" ;Db;

Panther_Black_VX
02/02/2004, 05:46 AM
At least after the first quarter and a half.... At least it went down to the wire. Carolina showed that they definitely deserved to be there. Great effort, but against the best coached team in the NFL, came up short.

As a true NYer, I root against all NE teams (Pats, Celts, Bruins and especially the Sox), but I have to grudgling admit the Pats are the cream of the NFL and look like they are going to remain so for a while. Omigosh!!! ;oog; Are they going to be the 49ers of the 80s for the 2000s??? Its going to be a long decade.... :waab:

Commercial::thumbup:
The wife screaming at the Ref was the best.

Janet Jackson: :noo:
My childhood crush has disappointed me and sunk to a new low. I will be singing J Giles Band's "My Angel is a centerfold" all day long...

theericharris
02/02/2004, 07:04 AM
Looks like CBS is blaming MTV and MTV is saying it was a costume failure. LOL.

Anyways, if you were like me last night sipping a beer and missed the boob flash, go to http://www.drudgereport.com and you can see a couple of the pictures. (looks like they took off the closeups and the antimated picture). But you can at least see what you missed! :D

Maverick
02/02/2004, 07:14 AM
It was an extraordinary game.. i could only catch the first and last quarters, and ive been away from football for quite awhile... but i really got into the game.. my first problem was "carolina who?? " (yes, its been that long since ive followed football) ...... and i wasnt too fond of the barage of genital destruction which seems so popular...im not buying any product that voluntarily associate themselves with extreme pain and humiliation ... scarry isnt it? ;eekb;

but the game was exciting, close and full of suspense..the way a good game should be :)

volume311
02/02/2004, 07:22 AM
Um, that aint no pastie, that was a pierced nipple with a ring-a-ling thingy on it.BOOBIE! (http://www.drudgereport.com/jjt.jpg) Sounds like mtv though to pull a stunt like that. Anything for ratings.

WormGod
02/02/2004, 07:25 AM
The game didnt pick up and get exciting until the second half IMO. Considering none of the guys all crammed in the house we watched it at were fans of any of the teams, we kept it exciting by making small bets on the table about touchdowns, penalties, turnovers, interceptions, etc. In all, about $30 was traded hands the whole night, heh. Kept it interesting anyways.

Dunno if the Pats are here to stay. As I recall, the last team that beat them was the Redskins. ;)

Commercials. Ah, those blurbs that they filled in when the game WASNT on. Ya, I remember a few of them. HORRIBLE!! The superbowl commercials have gotten worse with the fall of the DotCom market. The only ones that stood out last night were the ones with the American Chopper fam, the Cadillac one with the soundbarrier, and the NFL one with the singing players. In all, the funniest was the Slam Dunk for $1 Million Dollars. And if I had to watch one more CBS self ad for CSI, Survivor, etc, I was gonna kick the tv over.

Dallas4u
02/02/2004, 09:10 AM
I agree... I thought the game was pretty boring, up until the middle of the 3rd and through the 4th. Hell, by that time I was falling asleep.

Also, anyone that fantasizes about Janet Jackson now has to have some fetish for her brother. I mean, I couldn't think any way sexually about her seeing that they both seem to exchange heads!! Seriously. Either Janet or Michael are headless and must now share a head to make appearances.

AlaskaVX
02/02/2004, 11:50 AM
What a great game. I watched it at a buddies house and everyone was going for Carolina. Of course I showed up with my old Bledsoe jersey and got to laugh at all of them! (They gave me a hard time the whole game but when the end of the game came I just couldn't help myself)
PATS WIN... PATS WIN!!!!!!!

Heraclid
02/02/2004, 03:21 PM
Another Drudge Report follower among us... good to see. :-)