PDA

View Full Version : Spiralmax

powered by isuzu
01/31/2004, 05:41 AM
Has anyone tried the spiralmax upgrade on there VX? Just wondering if it would be worth the money. Wasn't to impressed when I was passed by a ford thunderbird. Now I really want more horsepower!!!!!:mad: www.spiralmax.com

Hotsauce
01/31/2004, 06:42 AM
Air spinning in the intake is turbulence, and lost horsepower. You want to increase air velocity, not spin it. Smoothing the airflow, either into or out of the engine will add power.

John C

Heraclid
01/31/2004, 11:25 AM
Haven't looked up the numbers yet, but I would expect a Thunderbird to pass a VX. (?)

P.S.- looked it up - hell yeah, they're faster than us. 280hp on the new ones, large displacement V-8... we have sporty trucks but they're not going to run with a dedicated sportscar.

powered by isuzu
01/31/2004, 11:30 AM
this one was an old rusty hunk of #**@......he must have gotten tired of seeing the back of my kick *** VX......Jealous maybe?;Dy;

Joe_Black
01/31/2004, 01:24 PM
Well, even old junky T-birds had like a 351 in 'em, plus I've see some fully-function Turbo Coupes that looked like they were scrap.

As far as the spiral max thing goes, SNAKE OIL! If you ever have any desire to ever buy something like this just look at what real performance vehicles do: MAKE THE CAR BREATHE. There is no such thing as drop-in miracle. Anything you put in the intake stream will disrupt the airflow that engineers spent countless hours making work the way it does. Granted, there's always room for improvement. But whatever you do to allow more air into the engine has to be compensated for elsewhere. Bigger valves, longer duration cams, better flowing manifolds (intake and exhaust) etc. If these bolt-on drop-in miracles worked you could go down to Pep-Boys and spend $200 then go kick everyones tail at the track. Anyone do that? Nope. The people that make cars go fast do it the way that works: WORK. Plain and simple, get greasy and start pulling wrenches.;Do;