PDA

View Full Version : vx sunroof

zzzyang
01/30/2004, 04:37 PM
does any one know how much it cost to build a sun roof and a back up camera on VX

Thx

Colin

VehiX
01/30/2004, 04:52 PM
I'd say about $1,500 + for both :)

gregory46
01/30/2004, 05:03 PM
I paied $1100 to get THE HOLLANDIA SUNROOF.

Very nice!

Oh! I got this from New York local shop.

Bobster
01/30/2004, 05:10 PM
With only 300mi I had first mod inalfa pop-up sunroof installed ~$250. Hard plastic ring was used in stead of replacing headliner. Matched black interior trim exactly. No loss of headroom.

http://members.iglou.com/pinpoint/06300005.jpg
http://members.iglou.com/pinpoint/06300006.jpg

mrtew
01/30/2004, 05:22 PM
WOW! That sunroof is all I need. I don't want to pay the bigbucks for the wires and motors and headliners and low roof etc. i just want to see out the top and be able to open it up if the weather's really nice! Where did you get that? Did you put it in or have it done? I'm very excited!

AK VX Lvr
01/30/2004, 05:58 PM
Ya, just where did you get that sunroof?? For that price, I'd like one myself!?!?!?
:thumbup: :yes: :thumbup: :yes:

Bobster
01/30/2004, 06:47 PM
I visited about ten different shops in the Louisville area that installed sunroofs and listened to their proposals. All but one wanted to replace the headliner. It was the liner ring as an option with the inalfa pop-up sunroof that greatly reduced the price and sold me.

The VX is a very airtight vehicle and the doors are hard to close with the windows up. I leave the pop-up sunroof on the slightly opened notch all the time (even in a light rain or snow) just to make it easier to close the doors. And, I like the extra ventilation w/o getting a blast in the face from the window.

Of course, if I'm parked in an unsecured area, all is locked down tight.

gregory46
01/30/2004, 08:11 PM
Check the New York Yellow Page

Just shop around.

I paied $1100, and it was an one day job(7-8 hours).

Holandai Sunroof ; Fully automatics. Three Programmable buttons
No wind noise, No leaking(I got mine about 14month ago)

Tone
01/31/2004, 07:22 AM
Electric sunroofs start around $800 for the type that extends outside the vehicle so you don't loose as much headroom to $1100-1300 for the slightly deeper but narrower roof that retracts inside the roof. Holandai Webasto's are the top of the line and are the same mechanisms used in factory roofs. Make sure the installer is knowledgeable and offers a lifetime guarantee as the roofs are warrantied that long.

For a rear view camera system, the sky is the limit. You can do a tiny screen and a cheap inside camera for less than $200. I can offer a rear view mirror with a good exterior low lux camera for under $500 - see my web page.

I also have a 4" screen (with a TV tuner builtin) in a mirror with interior camera that mounts on the rear window and automatically comes on when put in reverse for $450. I used it for a month until I was able to do it even better by adding a Panasonic 7300U 7" screen with built in TV tuner, DD player, MP3 and auto reverse switching - but this was a BIT more than $500....

jim.LR>AR
01/31/2004, 08:27 AM
What's the name of the installer and place? $250 sounds very reasonable. Worth a drive ...

Bobster
01/31/2004, 09:09 AM
Custom FX Automotive Accessories 7815 St Andrews Church Rd Louisville KY 40214 502-937-2359 800-766-1075 - My bill was $245 in June 2002 - small inalfa pop-up with blk trim ring installed.

jim.LR>AR
01/31/2004, 09:28 AM
Any leaks ? Do they put a drain in for rain? some do. I've always been reluctant about aftermarket sunroofs. I may be going that direction in the summer. thinking about a trip to cedar point amusement park in sandusky,ohio.

Bobster
01/31/2004, 10:24 AM
No leaks - no drains - glass seals against a rubber gasket - The rubber gasket may need to be replaced after years of sun exposure. My VX stays out of the sun most of the time.

Maverick
01/31/2004, 02:52 PM
i just blundered across this site that has a couple cifferent variations of sun/moon roofs..i dont know if their reputable or anything else about the link. prices arent bad, but then you need to have it installed , or be brave enough to hack out a good portion of your roof... anyway, thought id share... sunroofs, err sun rooves? rouves?? :) (http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/newinsklitsu.html)

ScubaSteve
01/31/2004, 04:09 PM
Folks, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't there a roll bar that runs across the roof? How much room is there between the roll bar and the back of the truck? One thing i've noticed is how dark the back seats get (which is fine sometimes;eekb; ) but not the greatest when there's people back there.

I'm definintely interested in the one on your Kaiser, but if possible it's kick arse to put another one above the back seat... i actually thought about getting the OEM # for the sunroofs in the 2004 Nissan Quest (they installed 2 sunroofs that run lengthwise above the back seats) and checking compatibility...

ideas/opinions?

mrtew
01/31/2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ScubaSteve
I'm definintely interested in the one on your Kaiser, but if possible it's kick arse to put another one above the back seat.ideas/opinions?

I doubt if you could put one over the back seat because the roof has serious external ribs up there that would be kind tough to seal against.

zzzyang
01/31/2004, 09:56 PM
guys, thx for the comment on the sun roof....i am still waiting for my VX, once i get it i definitely want to get a sun roof : ) once again Thx

Vauxhall
02/02/2004, 08:17 PM
Bobster,

What model Inalfa sunroof did you get? If you don't recall, do you happen to know the dimensions? The model number may have changed since you bought it. Looks like they have a few models out there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Bobster
02/02/2004, 09:38 PM
The pop-up I had installed was inalfa model # F700. The glass measures 14.25"x30.5" - and 31.75"x15.75" for the outer measurements of the rubber seal on top around the glass.

I believe the larger one 34"x20" was ruled out because it may have required moving and re-wiring the overhead light. I think the smaller one looked better with the roofline and ridges. Not to say the larger one may work out OK as well.

Hope this helps