PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagon Concept anyone?

WormGod
01/30/2004, 03:22 PM
At work, I am surrounded by many folks who belong to a Volkswagon club. They all really dig the VX. Recently, one of them sent me a link to a VW concept that he thought reminded him of the VX. It's actually pretty cool looking. Reminds me of the RAV4 concept.

Volkswagon Concept (http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/iaa_03/article_555.shtml)

Daver
01/30/2004, 03:28 PM
Old news. :)

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2904

-Daver

Apostle
01/30/2004, 05:07 PM
if they do make that, i will trade my V in for it. sorry, but VW makes a good car

mrtew
01/30/2004, 05:26 PM
I don't know where you got the idea that VW makes a good car! They suck! They're fine for 2 or 3 years but then they shed parts like mutha! I'd consider leasing one. The styling is superfreaky... I saw it at the Detroit autoshow. It makes our trucks look really.... normal! There are some really really nice big pictures of it here....

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-Volkswagen-Concept-T.htm

WyrreJ
01/30/2004, 07:43 PM
I spent a week doing some onsite consulting work for VW at their Wolfsburg plant (freaking *HUGE* place) around eight years ago. One day an employee's new ultra-economy model VW caught on fire as he was driving onto the plant's grounds. Totally burnt out the interior before site firefighters could get there and put it out.

Still, I'd probably buy one of these if they actually brought it market without any substantial toning-down.

coachreed
01/30/2004, 08:06 PM
I remember seeing those pictures some time back... totally kewl vehicle... I'd definitely own one... but if it were to come to market, I see it costing more than I can afford for quite awhile... I'd have to buy it used... just like the VX... too expensive in the beginning but ok once it depreciates a little.

TTYL!

Heraclid
01/31/2004, 05:57 PM
That's pretty friggin' sweet... love the doors, love the way the exhaust pipes are integrated into the rear lights, the way they mounted the spare, good power, slick interior... what do you think the chances are it gets to production, let alone as is? We can dream, though.

Navigator
02/01/2004, 04:23 PM
...I've said this before, and here it goes again:rotate: Until the VX, I wasn't a fan of ISUZU. It took a state of the art looking vehicle to turn my head. In this case, VW looks as if they have a winner, that is if they decide to produce that concept in it's pure form. I like it, and hope it does well. I'd buy one :yes:

Joe_Black
02/01/2004, 04:40 PM
Certainly does look cool, but VW hasn't garnered any new fans of late with their poor reliability and assembly. I used to work on and restore air-cooled VW's about a decade ago and always enjoyed the level of engineering and craftsmanship on 'em, but as someone who came very close to '02 GTI ownership before the VX, I can say that quality is barely there anymore.

Isuzu knows trucks and has been engineering and building them for almost a century, far longer than Ferdinand ever thought of a People's Car. Isuzu is considered THE diesel engine manufacturer, which is a testament to building a good product. Yes, they don't know how to retain a good marketing firm and also let GM bully them around, but then again maybe they really are just content to build heavy-trucks and may only tinker with the consumer market.

In any case, Isuzu makes a far better vehicle than VW has in quite some time. Think of how many Trooper, Rodeo, Amigo, P'up, VX etc. owners there are with 100,000 plus miles (many offroad) compared to VW's of the same vintage. They are out there, but in fewer numbers with higher priced and more difficultly serviced parts. So, yes, a very cool looking concept. But if it was sitting next to the VX and both had 100,000 miles on the clock, I'd take the Isuzu.