PDA

View Full Version : Bye, Bye Don Moody intake?

nyc #1 ironman
01/30/2004, 09:23 AM
OK, Heres the deal. After numerous attempts to find out why my check engine light was coming on, my mechanic determined it was finally my Don Moody intake (Hotshots intake). It seems the light hasn't come back on after the switch back to the stock. Is this possible? I've had it on for over a year and a half, and really enjoy the chrome look. Any ideas on why this may have been the cause? By the way he said it was a problem with the intake air control sensor.

SPAZZ
01/30/2004, 11:40 AM
if possible...disconnect your battery for a few hours or even overnight...maybe that might reset something. just be able to watch it and hope it does not end up on blocks.;eekp; ...

maybe that will help George

nyc #1 ironman
01/30/2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks James,
They tried to disconnect it 4 a while but I don't know it still came on (check engine light) I really like the Hotshot intake, looks great in chrome. When the good weather comes back ( if ever) I will put it back on. I just can't see it being the problem though. So, this is more of a reason to push you into taking a trip to NYC James to check it out! :D

WormGod
01/30/2004, 12:33 PM
I too have the intake, but the light has never come on. I am thinking of putting back in the good old airbox intake this spring and selling off the HotShot intake. It's flashy and all, but it just does nothing for the VX and I actually think fuel cosumption is worse since installing it. I can't be positive, but I have not installed any mods since then that would cause this. We'll see.

nyc #1 ironman
01/30/2004, 08:29 PM
I felt it also takes up alot of gasoline consumption, but it looks really good when you have the hood popped...

Tone
01/31/2004, 07:41 AM
I'll take any and all Hot Shot intakes - please email me how much you want and I'll paypal you immediately. Thanks.

WormGod
01/31/2004, 03:30 PM
If ya don't mind me asking Tone, what would ya like them for? Just curious. ;) You have ideas of "replicating" them in carbon fiber? :D

Triathlete
01/31/2004, 04:46 PM
Weld them all together and make a VX snorkel!;Dr;