PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Help Needed... QUICK... IF you wanna see conversion pictures...

coachreed
01/26/2004, 04:00 PM
DAMN! I have been messing with this for a few days now... my Fujifilm Finepix 3800 out of the blue came up with a notice in red that says, "! CARD NOT INITIALIZED"... whats up with that?! I have had the camera for over a year now and NEVER saw that before... and so of course, I don't know how to initialize the dang card! If anyone can help, I would REALLY appreciate it!

I would like to take and post some pictures of the metal I found in my oil pan of my old motor... and will have the crank out in a little bit... and would like to post updated pictures of my spaghetti... or LACK thereof! ;Db;

Thought maybe that might urge someone to help! Thanks in advance.

TTYL!

kobie
01/26/2004, 10:20 PM
This may or may not be any help but I thought I'd post it anyway as I have this same issue with several of the digital cameras I've had over the years. Sometimes, I've found that when the camera is low on batteries the card gets screwy. Here are some suggestions:
- Reformat the card if your camera has the capability. Reformating with a card reader works best. On the Fujipix 3800, make sure the card is in and set the power switch to "playback," the hit the "menu/OK" button. Then, use the <- and -> buttons (located east and west of the zoom buttons) to select "erase" (trashcan icon). Hit "menu/OK" when "erase" is higlighted and you will be given the option to format (initialize) the card. This will not only erase all pictures on the card but anything else on it ans starts you fresh.
- Change the batteries (if its an option). I don't use recharables anymore as there are always memory (charge) issues during the life of the battery. I use the energizer lithium batteries in the silver and blue packaging. They last me at least 3 months and I use my current camera at least every other day.
- I forget how those xd cards look but I think there is an area where the contacts are exposed. Try not to get those wet or touching anything they shouldn't. I ruined a SmartMedia card by keeping it in a very sweatty pocket.
Hope some of this helps.:luck:

gruven
01/27/2004, 06:13 AM
One of my dig cameras did the same thing last year. Nothing could reformat it (computer or camera). Had to replace it. I think the 'wear and tear' of pulling it out of the camera just took it's tole. I hope you find a solution as I have been one of the folks in the shadows keeping an eye on your project.

Good Luck!

-gruven:supercool

coachreed
01/27/2004, 06:21 AM
kobie!

THANK YOU! I don' t know how I missed that option to erase the dang card! That did the job. I use Monster Power rechargable's and have never found a problem with power memory... then again, I don't use mine NEAR as much as it sounds like you do. Also, I never take my XD card out... I leave it in place and use my USB cord to transfer to the computer. Last night I came accross my 16MB card and was able to take a few pictures, but its nice to have my my128MB chip back. Also, I keep my extra card in its little plastic case and keep the case in my camera case. So I doubt I'll have the "sweaty pocket" problem. ;Db;

Thanks again!

Coach