PDA

View Full Version : Ummm....

VXRaNgEr
01/26/2004, 01:49 PM
So do our seats recline FULLY, as in flat, horizontal, 180 degrees? I've seen a bunch of posts that said they do (e.g. to sleep in the back) but I can't figure out how to do it. Mine crank down to about 3/4 of the way but won't go any further. Am I being dumb?:rollr:

AnalogVX
01/26/2004, 03:05 PM
My front seats recline about 3/4 of the way down. The rear recline fully IF the head rest is removed from one the seats (I forget which one). I guess one would be able to sleep in the back then.

powered by isuzu
01/26/2004, 03:27 PM
my wife and I found that the back seats can be really comfy;ooo; :thumbup:

Nerfzooka
01/26/2004, 04:03 PM
And some people think the bad visibility in the back seat was a drawback. I consider it the privacy area. :winky::winky: Yes those back seats go flat, but the fronts don't.

WyrreJ
01/26/2004, 05:26 PM
The fronts, in my '01 definitely go all the way flat, as long as I remove the headrests first, otherwise they get stuck on the rear seats.

VXRaNgEr
01/26/2004, 09:19 PM
SOOOO confused... I have an '01 too. How do you recline them all the way? With the little knob?

JAFO
01/26/2004, 11:59 PM
SOOOO confused... I have an '01 too. How do you recline them all the way? With the little knob?

For the front seats you use the round knob, there's one on both sides of the seats. For the rear there is a release lever on the sides.

Didn't know if everyone knew this or not but you can also get slightly more room for getting in and out of the back seat by turning the knob after you have flipped the seat forward. Downside to this is when you fip it back upright you have to turn the knob back to get the seat to your original possition.

The knobs are kinda nice because they allow for an infinate number of possitions but I think that I really prefer the ease of use of the standard OEM lever system. Like most cars have. Don't know why but it seems that most all aftermarket seats use the knob style.

Nerfzooka
01/27/2004, 01:35 PM
Oh look there! :looko: There is a knob on the front seats. I cranked it to the stop but it only went 3/4 of the way back. There is still 3 inches of air between the front seat and back seat.

VXRaNgEr
01/27/2004, 01:44 PM
Same with mine...