PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think of adding seat heaters??

VX crazy
12/08/2002, 01:15 PM
I read an article in one of my truck magazines about add on seat heaters, I am going to call the place that installed my sunroof to see if they do this! Sounds great, Anyone up north have or heard of this? Would be a nice addition, I painfully freeze for about 10 minutes in the early a.m.'s.
http://www.checkcorp.com/

Tone
12/10/2002, 08:17 AM
I’ve been thinking about this for years and really miss the heat - Garal was not in this morning when I went by his shop but they do have kits available. A company at SEMA quoted me $150 a seat for the components including hi/lo switch - just need to see about install $$. Seat does have to be disassembled substantially but will look the same with the heater installed. There is a good place on the center console for the switches. Will post more info as soon as I can.

SU-Vehi
12/11/2002, 12:53 PM
Hey guys..... if anyone's interested in doing this, I run a mobile electronics store and we carry the Audiovox stuff. These guys make great vehicle add-ons and seat heaters is part of their lineup. I'm not sure of what brand was mentioned at SEMA but the Audiovox is great stuff. We get $170 each seat. If you're interested you can reach me at 603-778-1402 for more info. Ask for Saul.

VehiX
12/11/2002, 06:42 PM
SU-Vehi

Suprised I have not seen you around!

I am from Nashua, you should come to some of our meets next time around :)

Do you guys install the parts or just sell them?

I am right around the corner and may be interested :D

SU-Vehi
12/12/2002, 06:51 AM
Hey VehiX,
I'm a VX rookie. Only had mine for a few months. I bought it off of one of my good customers. I'm actually in Nashua alot as that is wher emy daughter lives. We install the parts as well. Labor is usually 2 hours a seat in most cases. They can be a pain in the butt to install. My shop is exit 9 off of route 101 torwards the beach.