PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Geographic Roll-Call

dyanni
12/07/2002, 03:42 PM
Follow the link to get on the map! CLICK HERE (http://www.itsforums.com/html) This is just a set of scripts that map your ISP connection to a set of coordinates and then places them on a world map. Would be interesting to see where we all congregate.

dyanni
12/07/2002, 04:25 PM
That's quite a tad :) I live in GA - but DirecPC is HQ in the northeast. Not completely reliable since it works from the IP address of your ISP. The only way to make it completely reliable, is if when someone registered as a user - they put their real city/state, then the script could populate based on that information.

Moncha
12/07/2002, 04:53 PM
That's pretty cool! Not at all accurate but very cool. I am working on a similar project on this site, albeit not as fancy but, should be up in a day or so.

dyanni
12/07/2002, 05:30 PM
I guess a better title would be VX ISP MAP. To that extent it is accurate. Should be able to reliably pinpoint country of origin. I've reversed engineered the flash and am looking for a way to change the little red dot/spinner to be in the shape of a VX. Mine is more than days off though.

TDAWG
12/08/2002, 09:43 AM
I must say it is pretty cool to see.