PDA

View Full Version : what a cool ride...

Maverick
01/23/2004, 08:06 AM
Ive had my VX just over a week now, and logged about 500 miles.. Im thrilled with it..still a bit nervous about the 60k autodestruct posts ive read here, but so far, so good (59,980 on the odo.) Im very impressed with the true all around goodness of this vehicle. fast enough to boogie down the highway and "power avoid" the idiots on the road, sure and stable in the wet weather, and plenty of bite in the little bit of off roading i found time for..
i was even impressed with the stock radio, does everything i need it too and sounds pretty good for a stock system.
I loaded it up last weekend found i had room to spare, despite the small cargo capacity.
Ive had but one problem, and that was minor..snapped my belt, but still managed to get it to a freinds house 10-15 miles away on battery without even running it hot..I saw it was starting to thread a bit , but forgot to make them replace it before i picked it up, that ones my fault..but other cars ive had would simply up and croak if this happened.. $36 and 10 minutes, and it was fixed..hardest part was figuring out the routing..
And the questions i get...even "hardcore" truck guys are impressed with it...two i know are searching for there own already..
I havent done any upgrades yet, unless you include floor mats, but i definately want to put in a rear camera , some sort of brush gaurd up front and good fog lites..oh, and a trailer hitch is a must for me... ill probably put in some "gadgets" as well, i like buttons :D
anyhow, just thought id share my first impressions.. The VX is a big hit with me...and far above the curve, even compared to the new plethoria of suv's out there. I dont like most of em, ive always been a sports car guy....But the Vehicross is allot of bang for the buck... :D

-x-
01/23/2004, 08:41 AM
....another fl vx, welcome to tha group man. glad to have ya and keep your eyes open for tha meets ; ) ....x

Maverick
01/24/2004, 05:27 AM
thanks! Ive been watching the rally cross info , sounds like fun :dance: