PDA

View Full Version : VX discontinued...

SinMan
01/22/2004, 02:48 PM
Hi guys. I am trying to buy myself an used VX since that's what I can offer to buy. I am gonna sell my reliable Rodeo to get some cash. I heard that they no longer manufacture VX anymore. What does it mean if my car needs some parts,
I can't get them? Another question is, would you still recommend to buy this even they stop making these anymore? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

AlaskaVX
01/22/2004, 02:57 PM
Yes there are parts avalable, but for how long I don't know. But we have the same drivetrain as the trooper so no problems there. And of course we are going to tell you to get one, it's only one of the coolest cars on the planet and we are all addicted!

AnalogVX
01/22/2004, 03:05 PM
I was concerned at first about this same thing. But now that I own a VX I am never gonna sell. The trooper parts are pretty plentiful and when I can't get body parts anymore it's time for an exoskeleton and tube bumpers!

Simon Templar
01/22/2004, 03:10 PM
There is a requirement for manufacturers to part-support their vehicles for a period of time after each model year. The length of that period is up to conjecture and nobody has been able to produce any real proof as to how long it is.

So, for the time at hand, yes parts can be had. As with any vehicle.....that won't be true forever.

....sT

yal^
01/22/2004, 03:12 PM
And should you buy it?
Gosh, I'll tell you what basically users of this board told me when I was buying my Proton: don't ask questions like that (hint: stupid) ;)

Cptnmorgan
01/22/2004, 03:46 PM
I see your in Dallas. Mine was recently traded with a blown motor (about 3-4 months ago) and was purchased by a retailer to repair and re-sell. Other than the engine going it was still a very TIGHT vehicle. Look at my vehicle number under my avatar and that is the last four digits of the VIN number(oops guess I already changed that info,it is in my signature though). It's a '99 Astral Silver with Tone's receiver hitch on the rear. Very good condition body wise and very well maintained if I do say so myself. I was the second owner at 16,000 miles and when I traded it was at 62,000 ish. If you are serious, give Chance a call at Autoflex leasing in Arlington. He's the one that sold it to the dealer and could probably get the info on it for you. Lookin at around $10,000+. Ballpark guess...... Happy hunting.

You'll love the VX once you buy one!!!!!!! Wished I still had mine........

SinMan
01/23/2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks. I'll do my best to get a VX now. Hopfully, Carmax can throw me a nice number for my Rodeo and celica. I can't wait to drive one of those. I read so much good things about them since I joined this forum. Hopfully, I can find one near Dallas. Thanks again.