PDA

View Full Version : stock cd player

psychos2
01/21/2004, 02:27 PM
my cd player stopped working this morning.the err3 message keeps showing .so i just took the cd player out and what did i find ,the idiots that installed it did not remove one of the clamping screws that hold the insides in place til it is installed. there is a label attached that says " ALWAYS REMOVE THIS CLAMPING SCREW BEFORE INSTALLATION ! there is even a picture that shows where the screws are .it is actually attached to the one they did not remove. there are three of them .two of them you have to remove to install it the other is in the back.with this screw still in it beats itself to death.anyone that has removed a bad cd player was there a red screw still in the back? shawn

AlaskaVX
01/21/2004, 02:49 PM
I WILL TAKE MINE OUT TONIGHT AND GET BACK TO YOU TOMMOROW

psychos2
01/22/2004, 07:10 PM
i thought there might be a connection with the screw not being removed and all the failures of the stock cd changer. i know this is why mine failed. if this is the case then others can benefit from checking to see if all three screws were removed.so if anyone has removed there stock unit please check to see if there is a red screw in the back. shawn