PDA

View Full Version : News flash! MADD founder stole!

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 03:25 AM
The Joliet Illinois woman who founded M.A.D.D. after her son was killed by a drunk driver, was arrested for the theft of $48k from the organization.

At least she wasn't arrested for D.U.I. That would've been bad.

Also, president Bush says the economy is getting better. Well, maybe if you happen to work for Halliburton.

Have you hugged your job today?;)

Dallas4u
01/21/2004, 08:26 AM
I think she was just the founder of that chapter of MADD in Illinois... not the actual founder of the organization. ;)

Panther_Black_VX
01/21/2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
The Joliet Illinois woman who founded M.A.D.D. after her son was killed by a drunk driver, was arrested for the theft of $48k from the organization.

That's a shame. Very good organization. Hopefully this won't hurt their support.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 03:11 PM
Dallas,

You're correct. It's the founder of the Will county chapter of madd. Also, she had already been arrested, today she was convicted.

Heraclid
01/21/2004, 03:53 PM
Also, president Bush says the economy is getting better. Well, maybe if you happen to work for Halliburton.

Um... yeah, it's a very robust economy. Where in the world have you been?

This Haliburton stuff is so tired and baseless that when I hear someone spouting off about it, it's really hard to take them seriously because I know right away that they're not well-informed. Nothing personal, but just thought you should know.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 04:05 PM
Robust? Stock market way overbought. No signs of employment recovery. IBM sending jobs overseas by the thousands. More plans to divert funds from Social Security to prop up the economy. Seniors can't afford their prescriptions due to Pharmaceutical lobby and the so called safety issues of importing drugs from Canada that only differ from their U.S. counterparts by having french language on labels. Veterans losing ground on benefits. Largest spending deficit in years. "Children first" program declared a failure.

"Going bust" is more like it.

Unless you have a no-bid contract to supply fuel to the military in Iraq for double what it can be had for just over the border.

Andrey
01/21/2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO

Have you hugged your job today?;)

I guess President needs to come back from far reaches of Lunar Station and different Overseas issues and clean the house inside... because 3/4 of my fellow hightech friends in engineering are out of work for 2 years now (including me)... so Mr. President I do not know in which world you live - we live in the real jobless state of economy. I'll give you two guesses but you really need one - whome we will vote in the fall ? Not Mr Bush !

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 04:50 PM
Haliburton just recently received another contract in Iraq.

Wait! I've got it! Why don't we send the illegal immigrants that Bush wants to give our jobs to, over to Iraq to take the jobs haliburtons' employees are doing. Haliburton could in turn, lay off all their high wage employees and take a tax write-off for their former employees' unemployment benefits.

At the same time, that would help drive the wage base into the ground over there, would solve the illegal immigration problem here, and turn Haliburton a colossal profit, creating a.................................

"SUPER ROBUST ECONOMY"!!!

As far as the Haliburton thing being tired and baseless and anyone pursuing the issue is uninformed: how can you say that a "no-bid" contract worth millions to billions of dollars, awarded to a major campaign contributor, that happens to be aligned with a Bush cabinet member is strictly above board?

Heraclid
01/21/2004, 05:24 PM
If you need to ask...

Do your homework.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 05:50 PM
Please,.......... enlighten me.

WyrreJ
01/21/2004, 06:30 PM
He's talking about the fact that Hali had "the contract for no-bid contracts" LOGCAP ( Logistics Civil Augmentation Program ) from 2001 and some other stuff about how the Clinton administration gave Hali at least one no-bid contract regarding Kosovo even after they had lost the LOGCAP contract a year or two earlier.

However, focusing on Hali specifically is missing the forest for the trees. The Iraq war has been exceptionally profitable for a whole bunch of companies -- the standard military-industrial complex gang of which Hali is certainly a member but doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

Here's an interesting article (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-10-30-iraq-bush-donations_x.htm) about how well a little investment in campaign funds for both parties has done for this group of companies.

Mr. I-MAN
01/21/2004, 06:39 PM
Guano is they key word! Because all that comes out of your mouth is factless and baselees SH*T!;puke: ;puke:

SGT.BATGUANO
01/21/2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
Guano is they key word! Because all that comes out of your mouth is factless and baselees SH*T!;puke: ;puke:

Thanks for your expert opinion and your many positive contributions to this site. You're wise beyond your years. You may leave now.

Can you hear me now?:p

Mr. I-MAN
01/21/2004, 09:26 PM
actually I think you are in the wrong place. This Vehicross chat room, not a political soapbox or a place to express religious views, it is a place where people talk about their mutual interest
"THE ISUZU VEHICROSS" not to spew political garbage or whine about the government. I think the site you are looking for is www.bleedingheartliberals.com.

Thanks For Playing

SGT.BATGUANO
01/22/2004, 10:37 PM
Just to put the issue to rest, I am in the right place. If you'll kindly check the forum and description. General Topics> Chit-Chat ANYTHING NON-VX RELATED.

No need get your panties in a bunch here. This is America, where we're free to express our opinions and engage in the art of lively conversation. That's one of the things that this particular forum can be used for, unless Scott decides to change the rules for its use. We're not "maggots" in boot camp here.

Business article today: Kodak to lay off 15,000 employees:(

Thanks for R-E-A-D-I-N-G

dutchie
01/23/2004, 06:55 AM
Guano is they key word! Because all that comes out of your mouth is factless and baselees SH*T!

Oi oi :mad: no need to start calling names here, if you don`t agree then just say so.
Still it never stops amazing me how, people can stay loyal to a president who lied and sacrified 500 soldiers for his own agenda..
Somehow, if someone or somebody questions the president on his actions he`ll be called a democrat, a lefty or worse a traitor.
What a lot of Bush supporters ask for is blind allegiance to the president and his administration, but do they never wonder where this administration loyalty lies....somehow I don`t think to America..
But oh well I`m not American, and therefore not my problem...but I love chit chat, without the getting in your face part.

By the way, my spanish ain`t that good (well neither is my English he he), but what does Guano mean?:p

Navigator
01/23/2004, 07:13 AM
*****:yes:

BTW It's a crying shame. I doubt MADD will suffer because of the act of an individual. If anything accounting will be under more scrutiny because of this. But again it's a shame to have an organization with such a positive mission abused/sabatoged from the inside by simple greed :noo:

tiggergreen
01/23/2004, 11:20 AM
Please be advised that the following paragraph is just my opinion and I love being a member of this group.

I consider myself to be a republican. However, I think it is despicable what George Bush has done. He spent money we didn't have on a war that shouldn't have been fought. The CIA put Saddam Hussein into power and taught him how to stay in power as a dictator. Then when he stopped being a CIA puppet, we had to spend 90 billion dollars (and counting) to get rid of him.

In any case, if you look at the background of all republican and democratic presidents, all of them belong to the same organization (Council on Foreign Relations or CFR). This is called stacking the deck. If you want your man to get in office, put one in each of the major parties... The agendas might appear to be a little different, but the end goal is still the same - a new world order.

Just remember that this post is just my opinion and I could be wrong in one to many points :) I love good debates and I think this is a great place to do that. No close knit group of friends have ever felt the need to keep their mouths closed - that's what makes us closer. If all you talk about is cars and weather, it would get rather boring after a while.

Brent

Mr. I-MAN
01/23/2004, 09:39 PM
dutchie guano means sh*t. Theres your Spanish lesson, da nada

SGT.BATGUANO
01/24/2004, 01:29 AM
Had to post it: ;)

Division of Haliburton employees took $6 million in kickbacks.

Well at least they found it internally and reported it before anyone else.

The problem is that the U.S. taxpayers have already paid for this.

Now, Hali says it will pay the gov't back those $6mil. Shouldn't that go back to the taxpayers? Think we'll see a penny of that?:p