PDA

View Full Version : Front rotors?

Tone
01/20/2004, 01:27 PM
Sorry, unable to search on this low speed connection but I have just found the back pad to have eaten the hell out of my rotor. Can someone post part number and order method for either a slotted or drilled performance front set of rotors?

Thanks.

Cyrk
01/20/2004, 01:53 PM
These were the #'s for my Power Slot rotors..

PRS567PSL - Left Front Slotted Rotor

PRS567PSR - Right Front Slotted Rotor

PRS569PSL - Left Rear Slotted Rotor

PRS569PSR - Right Rear Slotted Rotor

Got them from here:

http://truckperformance.com/products/?searchtype=4d&sortorder=Anone&productcategory=Brake+Rotors&category=Brakes&mode=change&sf1=ISUZU&sf2=1999&sf3=VEHICROSS

VX_PA
01/20/2004, 01:56 PM
http://store.allperformanceparts.com/?x=20&y=7

driver3
01/20/2004, 02:28 PM
hey tone, can you post what you end up with.. I'm going to need some of these soon... 63k... brakes still look great, but they've got to go sometime soon I would imagine..

Tone
01/20/2004, 03:30 PM
All Perfromance can’t get them but they come up on their web site - what’s up with that? Truck performance is out for 2 weeks - calling Powerslot directly....

Joe_Black
01/20/2004, 03:55 PM
Here ya go, just plug in the info for the VX application: SP Performance Rotors. (http://www.raceshopper.com/sp_rotors.shtml)

Dallas4u
01/20/2004, 04:08 PM
The Diamond Slotted are pretty cool!

SGT.BATGUANO
01/20/2004, 11:29 PM
I've seen these guys on epay http://www.roto-tech.com/

VX_PA
01/21/2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Tone
All Perfromance can’t get them but they come up on their web site - what’s up with that? Truck performance is out for 2 weeks - calling Powerslot directly....

Sorry Tone, I just noticed that they advertised them on thier site. Didn't check if they had them. Why would anyone advertise something they can't get??

You may also want to check into EBC green stuff brake pads, they don't leave any brake dust on your rims and they work great. I use them for my street bikes and on my wifes Honda Civic. They should have an application for the VX too.

EDIT: Heres the link for EBC pads for VX---
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?category=Pads&scat=Pads&scat=Rotors&autoMake=Isuzu&autoModel=Vehicross&autoModClar=&autoYear=1999&brand=all&perfcat=perf&x=104&y=9

jorma
01/21/2004, 08:46 AM
Be careful to check with the rotor supplier before you order, I ordered a set of drilled/slotted discs that were supposed to be for the VX but when I got them they didn't have the bolt holes for the ABS sensor wheel. Instead of shipping them back (they're pretty heavy) I took them to a local machine shop and had the holes drilled and tapped. It ended up taking 3 months and $100 before I got them back!
Mike M
99 ebony

Tone
01/21/2004, 07:25 PM
jorma, whose did you order? That would be helpful so no one else has to go through it.

jorma
01/21/2004, 08:01 PM
I bought them off of eBay from a person with the user name Speptikal101 (he currently does not have any items listed). He offered to refund my money but I was tired of waiting so I just took them to a machine shop to have the timing wheels mounted. The machine shop screwed me around, that's what took so long.
Mike

Zu4two
01/21/2004, 08:36 PM
Recommendation for pads?

I just got a set of ceramic pads. Akebono #ISD-579 (for the front). They bite real good and don't put off much dust.

They're the shiznit!

Tone
01/22/2004, 07:32 PM
Ordered the SP Performance Diamond Slotted - $218 plus freight for the pair. May be able to get us a group buy setup if 10 or more are interested. Thanks for all the suggestions - will try to get some real data on how much better they are since that doesn’t exist.

Joe_Black
01/22/2004, 07:54 PM
Keep us posted Tone! I really like the selection at that site and actually gave up a sweet eBay set of rotors to Johnnyapollo with intentions of ordering from there. But I got another VX instead! ;eekg;

Dallas4u
01/22/2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I emailed them about the diamond slotted. I believe they said they only did front for the VX? Anyway, not too bad of a price... definitely would be better if there was a group buy involved.

Tone
02/16/2004, 06:52 AM
Got the front SP Performance (D04-2424) diamond slotted rotors installed this weekend with new pads and very, very nice. It already feels so much better. Gotta break them in for a 100 miles and then I'll do the head to head test against Lisa’s VX. Then I will add the braided lines and see what kind of improvement I get.

Install took about an hour per side and was about like a bearing repack except that the rear bearing stays captured in the hub that is moved over to the new rotor. I took lots of pics and will post a how to soon. With my wheels I can’t see the rotors that well so the slots don’t show that much. I also painted the calipers a dark grey hammer’tone’ finish while I was in there.

Dallas4u
02/16/2004, 03:32 PM
Nice Tone... looking forward to the pics!

Tone
02/25/2004, 10:17 PM
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b348d082251a

Andrey
02/26/2004, 05:23 AM
Tone, thanks awesome pics ! I've noticed that you have similar grooved surface on rear (?) rotors. mine were like that from day one when VX was new.
Please share your opinion on new rotors (performance) as I am about to do the same thing.
many thanks !

Tone
02/26/2004, 06:39 AM
I had a caliper stick on the right front rotor and it ground the brake pad (BTW, the inside pads do NOT have squealies on them) and trashed the back side of the rotor. New ones are great but I'm not sure that much better than stock but they were cheaper so it worked out. Still need to go head to head with a stocker and see but I don't expect a substantial improvement. Changing to braided lines this weekend.

kpaske
12/13/2004, 06:38 PM
Tone -

Did you ever finish writing up a howto on the rotor replacement? What about repacking the bearings?

Did you notice a significant improvement after switching to the steel braided brake lines?

Also, are the rotors treated in any way to prevent the rusting that normally occurs on the stock rotors?

Maugan_VX
12/13/2004, 06:53 PM
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performMoreDetail&Parameters=TRUE%7C%7EBRAKE+ROTOR+-+FRONT%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EVALUCRAFT%7C%7EROTOR+ONLY+++ +++++++%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7E437661%7C%7E444 %7C%7E31163B%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E%2422.99%7C%7EISUZU+TR UCK%7C%7EVEHICROSS+4WD%7C%7E2000%7C%7E3+MO%7C%7E15 .833%7C%7EEA%7C%7EV

$22 per rotor. If you want fancy patterns on it to make you feel better about your gassing problem that doesn't exist with modern pads then scratch them in with a rusty nail.

Tone
12/13/2004, 07:40 PM
New rotors made a difference but sure if was enough to justify the cost. They do not rust like the stock ones did and I do believe they do let heat out better on repeated or hard stops. It does stop a little shorter than the GF's VX for sure though.

Now braided lines on the other hand are incredible! So much more responsive, way better brake feel and performance - no longer feels like the pedal is going to the floor on hard stops. HIGHLY recommend the braided lines from Darlington! Wish I had put them on earlier - a little messy but worth it.

How-to is just like the bearing repack already written up just swapping the rotor instead of putting the old one back on....