PDA

View Full Version : No f@&!ing way!!

jim falcione
12/05/2002, 06:03 PM
The other day my g.f. had the audacity to ask me what it would take for me to trade in the VX. I paused a few seconds and responded with a firm and resounding "ARE YOU NUTS????" ;eeky; ;eeky; ...well, nothing of this world anyway. Actually, I would consider an even trade for a Lambo so I could turn around and sell it and buy several more VXs. What would entice any of you fellow VXrs to even consider a trade on any other vehicle on the market?

AnalogVX
12/06/2002, 12:20 AM
ARE YOU NUTS!?! No f@&!ing way!!

Tonka
12/06/2002, 01:32 AM
Sorry,
a VX-02!!!!

StormTROOPER
12/06/2002, 01:34 AM
VX-2;Db; Unfortunately Isuzu doesn't plan on building it :( (not yet anyway,but I can hope);)

Dallas4u
12/07/2002, 09:21 AM
Can I ask why the hell she asked this of you???????

jim falcione
12/07/2002, 12:52 PM
For some odd reason she thinks I care more about my VX than her. What would give her a crazy idea such as that???;)

Anita
12/07/2002, 02:57 PM
Girl VX owners have the same problem with their husbands/boyfriends.....

:mbrasd:

VX crazy
12/07/2002, 06:47 PM
Girl VX owners have the same problem with their husbands/boyfriends.....

Thats right, I barely let him sit in the passenger seat!

Daver
12/08/2002, 08:48 AM
If your girlfriend feels like she doesn't get enough of your time and blames the VX, or your job, or your friends, then she's wrong. That's a priority issue. If your girlfriend isn't a priority for your time, and feels like she needs to be, then the relationship isn't working.

There are plenty of women out there who can deal with a guy who spends all of his spare time on his car. There are plenty of guys out there who can spend all of their waking hours with their woman. There are plenty of both who can compromise and find a middle-ground. The bigger hammer approach doesn't usually work with relationships.

During the day there might be a lot of things I think about or spend more time on than a girlfriend. That doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice all of those things for her well-being if the situation called for it. Toys, jobs, lifesytles can all be replaced. Until a dire situation demands such a huge sacrifice, these things that I spend time on define who I am. Don't demand I change who I am without a really good reason.

Taking away my car will not free up time for my girlfriend. It will only cause me to find other ways to express myself, which again will probably take about as much time away from my gf as my car did.

Now that was long winded.

-Daver

psychos2
12/08/2002, 01:53 PM
:mad: only one thing i would trade for ,
a 2000 or 2001 vx !!!! shawn

Navigator
12/12/2002, 12:37 PM
Eventually, the VX will hit it's mechanical limits, but until then I won't trade it for anything less than a ridiculous sum of cash in excess of $250,000,000 US to cover a lifetime of VX withdrawl therapy.

Ok, sure I'd just buy another VX, new house, pay off my debts, put my kids through college, travel the world, and blow the balance on mods, but therapy is therapy... nome sayin' :D

jim falcione
12/21/2002, 05:07 PM
Mechanical Limits???? The salesman never mentioned THAT!!