PDA

View Full Version : How to get your VX sponsored...

Navigator
01/20/2004, 06:40 AM
...OK I need sponsors to make my VX dreams come true. I know a few of you have been fortunate enough to find companies willing to fork over thousands of dollars for the priviledge of wearing their name on your ride. I want in :naughty:, I figure the VX's are spread far enough apart (at least in MD area) to make it profitable. All I need is contacts of companies willing to put cash in my pocket to make my VX even more spectacular. Show me the money :cooly:

carlymac
01/20/2004, 07:49 AM
Mercenaries...Heheee

;Db; ;pg; ;Do; ;po;

WormGod
01/20/2004, 11:12 AM
Believe it or not, I thought about going MS XBox with my VX. Being a developer of theirsa and having one of the most outstanding everyday vehicles that turn heads out there, how could they say no. But, after more consideration, I thought, "Oh hell, they would want me to turn my VX into a rolling XBox!" Although, I think a big painted neon green X on the hood would look kinda cool, heh.

But, in the end, I decided that once you get sponsors, you are no longer debadged, and in many cases you are binded to attend events to do dog and pony shows.

Nav, if anything, we should start a Mid Atlantic charter club for VXs. Get some logo some decals going ya know. We could be a smaller part of the entire US based VX club. I know we have a cool VX community online and all, but we don't actually have a VX club. Stuff like that gains attanetion from sponsors looking to advertise. Ya huuuurd!

Navigator
01/20/2004, 12:22 PM
...Now that's an idea worth persuing. I've seen license plates and such of auto charter members, but I don't know the first thing about forming a charter. I am sure there is enough of us in the Mid Atlantic region to pull this off.

VX_PA
01/20/2004, 12:28 PM
Now what exactly would that do for us?? Oh well, I'm in anyway.;)

WormGod
01/20/2004, 01:27 PM
Well, a club isnt gonna help much for sponsorship, but it DOES raise the possibilities for more frequent meets. When you have meets, you get lots of VXs in one place. Lots of VXs turn more heads than 1. Turning heads is the first key to getting a sponsor. Once a club/meet is established, locating a good site for the meet in the next key. Find a speedshop or a car audio shop that will allow the meet to take place in their parking area. Like I said, the VX turns heads and people will come to see. This, in turn, can generate business for the shop you are out front of. And THAT, in turn, can pave the way for that particular shop to offer some sort of incentive, thus sponsorship. My 89 Z24 was sponsored years ago by Pinnacle Audio in Jersey years ago. It all started by holding Z24 meets in their lot, with their permission. This, is probably one of the more trial and error routes to take, but it works. Also, like any other system in the world, it's all in who you know.

But, a club that can arrange occasional meets and keep a tight knit community of VX owners is a good start for now. I'm telling you, with the attention that the VX draws, it is hard for a sponsor not to look in your direction. The one problem we have in THIS area in particular, is getting the VX owners to keep in contact. That makes it difficult to get more than 2-3 VX in one place at a time. I think the most we ever had show up for a meet was 6 or 7 last spring, and it was kept short. We will see though, once the weather starts picking up.

We should talk about this some more soon Nav. My sister runs a nonprofit organisation and is pretty good at setting up systems of congregation. I can get some advice from her if you are trully interested. :)

WyrreJ
01/20/2004, 07:29 PM
I'm a cat.

Getting VX owners to participate in organized events looks to be harder than herding cats.

MZ-N10
01/20/2004, 10:34 PM
im in california....need sponsors...gimme money gimme gimme gimme:D
________
IOLITE USAGE (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

ScubaSteve
01/26/2004, 06:50 AM
I'm game ;pb;