PDA

View Full Version : question about muffler

alexeikuchinsky
01/19/2004, 12:12 AM
VXdrivers i have a question to you. I am tatally new in VXworld and need your advice, i am eager to change the muffler on my VX, but i have no idea where to buy one ( i have tried to search online but unfortunately unsuccessful). I found out that there is not a big choice on the market. If anyone could please inform me and send a link i would appreciate.
Also i wouldlike toknow if there are a way to make a dual muffler on VX.
thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

thanks to everybody for their valuable advice,
i have already contacted Tone, and waiting for PV to arrive,
cannt wait to replace the stock muffler

Special thanks to Tone

johnnyapollo
01/19/2004, 03:12 AM
http://tonemonday.com/accessories.htm

Look towards the bottom under "Perfomance" there's a listing for Powervault Muffler.

There seems to be very little benifit to having a dual muffler system with the VX under it's current engine/drivetrain configuration. It's mostly a "looks" kind of thing. That being said, I believe there a few on the list who have used two Powervaults to achieve this "look."

-- John

SGT.BATGUANO
01/19/2004, 05:17 PM
Tone was running low on the final shipment. If he's out just go with a major brand and find one that fits. That shouldn't be hard as the stock muffler is a bit of a behemoth.

CrzyFool
01/20/2004, 10:14 AM
I've got a Flowmaster 50 Series on mine, takes the weight of the stock down and sounds like a beast. Had to have the pipes custom bent of course but any skilled muffler man shouldnt have a problem with it :-)

Tone
01/20/2004, 12:34 PM
I’ve got 2 left ...