PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu abanding all but 1 model for the us?

JAFO
01/18/2004, 03:17 PM
My Mom, who lives in Phoenix, AZ, just called said that Biddulph Isuzu located on Bell and Highway 101 has sold their Isuzu franchise due to the upcoming change in models for 2005. According to Biddulph, Isuzu will only be carrying the Ascender for 2005 in the US.

Is this true? Does anyone have more info on this?

I search the Isuzu corporate web sites for both the US and Japan and could not verify this.

johnnyapollo
01/18/2004, 03:42 PM
I've heard this as well. They will continue to sell any leftover Axioms and Rodeos until they run out. Supposedly in 2005 the PuP replacement will be available, and a new SUV made in south asia is supposed to be in the works for a later date.

-- John

Triathlete
01/18/2004, 04:14 PM
This is the last year for Oldsmobile as well. They will sell there 2004 models until all are sold and then say adios!

Y33TREKker
01/18/2004, 04:23 PM
I'm still considering a VX, but when I hear news like this I can't help but wonder more and more how easy it will be to get parts (if necessary) in the future.

JAFO
01/18/2004, 06:44 PM
Supposedly in 2005 the PuP replacement will be available,

Will that be the D-Max?

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/image/powertrain_01.jpg

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/

Simon Templar
01/18/2004, 08:56 PM
With news like this, one wonders about the value of our remaining warranties.

Not that my experience has shown them to have been worth much from the outset.

....sT

johnnyapollo
01/19/2004, 03:07 AM
I dig that 3.0 Liter Turbo Diesel option, also the 6VE1 3.5 Liter gas engine sounds very familiar.

It's also funny that this truck not only has two drink holders in the center console, but also have them in the doors. I guess Isuzu finally caught on.

I think the fact that Isuzu continues to produce vehicles for the retail (read that as non-commercial) US market bodes well for us in terms of parts and warranties. They could have just pulled out completely.

-- John

Joe_Black
01/19/2004, 05:32 AM
I can't foresee any issues getting parts down the road for Isuzus in general, and nothing more difficult than we already face for VX specific stuff. I've owned FIAT 124's, Merkurs and other unusual or briefly imported vehicles and never had issues locating parts. My first stop was always the local NAPA as they would often surprise me with what they had on the shelf, especially for FIAT.

Now consider Isuzu's constant presence in the US since the 1960's and you can imagine the stock of parts. We share the bulk of our parts with the Trooper and Rodeo which you can locate parts for virtually anywhere. But, on the other hand, for those panicky enough to bail on such thoughts should provide a glut of VX's for those who are resourceful and know how to use a parts counter.;Do;

skunkworks
01/19/2004, 04:46 PM
Plus don't forget it's a federal requierment that parts must be available from the manufacturer for 10 years.
________
Ford Field (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Field)

SGT.BATGUANO
01/19/2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by skunkworks
Plus don't forget it's a federal requierment that parts must be available from the manufacturer for 10 years.

Don't count on that. You got a link that shows that law? Many times the mfr.'s can start dropping parts when demand falls below a predetermined level.

Also, according to the Hollander "bible", many VX bolt-on parts are NOT interchangeable with other Isuzus. Just like the body panels, glass, interior, etc., ad nauseum.