PDA

View Full Version : My new VX!!! (and a couple of questions)

VXRaNgEr
01/18/2004, 08:56 AM
What's up!!!

I just bought my 2001 Kaiser VX last night in Albuquerque, NM. Drove that bitch allllllll the way up to northern CO non-stop in under 6 hours, loving it the whole way!!!! I've driven a lot of vehicles and I have to say I've never been so comfortable on a long drive. Hell yeah for Recaro!!! Couple of questions:

1) Is the long (72 month?) powertrain warranty transferable? What about roadside?

2) I've been reading a little bit in the VX problems section and I must admit you've got me freaked out! All this talk about bearing problems and burning oil and BLOWN ENGINES!? Is the drivetrain really that bad? I thought it was the same engine as the rodeo/trooper...

3) While the truck handles AMAZINGLY, there's a bit of a dead spot in the steering. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?

4) WHO WANTS TO GO 4x4ing!!!!!
;Dr;

Heraclid
01/18/2004, 09:06 AM
Hey, I've got a cousin in Greeley - teacher named Paul Benkendorf... any chance ya know him?

Congrats on the VX!!!

johnnyapollo
01/18/2004, 10:12 AM
1.) A portion of the warranty is transferrable (the whole warrante can be transferred if you are related to the original owner).

2.) The engine really isn't that bad. There's some issue with the number one cylinder and the availability of oil to lubricate it - however few on this board have experienced a problem.

3.) Not sure what you are calling a dead spot. The steering should be tight with hardly any response delays between the steering wheel and your front tires.

4.) Too far away and I don't really 4 wheel my VX, however I'm sure someone over there could be convinced to go offroad!

Welcome aboard!

-- Best, John

StormTROOPER
01/18/2004, 11:43 AM
You keep callin her a bitch and she just might throw a rod.;) :D CONGRATS welcome to the club.

VXRaNgEr
01/18/2004, 04:04 PM
Heraclid-

Nope, I just moved up here myself...

Y33TREKker
01/18/2004, 04:20 PM
You live in CO AND now own a VX! I hate you already. :D

Just kidding.

Welcome to VX.com.

Tonka
01/19/2004, 01:23 PM
Welcome!
There are quite a few of us VX's in CO, but were kinda spread out and others aren't up to off roading. Once it starts warming up drop an e-mail and we can hit the trail.